How much is your 2019 trip costing you ?

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Booked two weeks in CBR for two adults only then hoping to do the three nights on the dream after it, once it comes out I’ll add it on

With park tickets and upgraded dinning plan it’s costing around £6000 plus spending

Is this not crazy money for just two adults lol ?

Booked two weeks in CBR for two adults only then hoping to do the three nights on the dream after it, once it comes out I’ll add it on

With park tickets and upgraded dinning plan it’s costing around £6000 plus spending

yes it is crazy money....no question about it!!

for 2019 we're doing DCL in europe and DLP...
the DCL portion - for a 7 night cruise - is £15,000 for 3 porthole staterooms....pretty expensive if you ask me.

and the DLP part isn't cheap either...

of course, we could just go to WDW for the same money and for longer, but it's just too far away...
we're aiming at 2023 for the whole clan's visit to WDW...i imagine the prices will be so high by that time, we'll have to rob a bank....or marry a billionaire...(but since i'm already married, that won't work)...

Last edited:

for 2019 we're doing DCL in europe and DLP...
the DCL portion - for a 7 might cruise - is £15,000 for 3 porthole staterooms....pretty expensive if you ask me.

and the DLP part isn't cheap either...

of course, we could just go to WDW for the same money and for longer, but it's just too far away...
we're aiming at 2023 for the whole clan's visit to WDW...i imagine the prices will be so high by that time, we'll have to rob a bank....or marry a billionaire...(but since i'm already married, that won't work)...

OMG that’s sooo expensive

Makes the 6k am spending not seem as bad lol

We've paid £7500 for 2 adults and 2 children, upgraded dining plan, park tickets, suv, 2 weeks this October at POR (booked last year with "free" dining)

I'm just going to price it up again to see how much it's changed.

Well we're in 2018, but two adults in CSR in Sept, with disney tickets, fights from the UK and upgraded to DDP for £4,500.00, not too bad! :)

Wowzer. We got 12 nights at Coronado for £2814 for room and tickets for 2 adults. Have upgraded to full DDP in previous years but with just the 2 of us, we actually prefer to do QS.

This year we are going as a group of 4 adults and decided to stay at AKL as the price was very similar between Coronado + upgrade and AKL with the full plan included. We are unlikely to go to AKL again, so was a no brainer to do it this time.

When we were looking, the prices were exactly the same as they were when we booked last year for this years holiday for both Coronado and AKL (we are going the same week in 2018 and 2019) which was nice :D

Is that including flights? If not it seems expensive even for Disney! I got 2 quotes yesterday for two adults for 13 nights... POFQ was £3700 and AKL was £4200... both without flights tho.i wouldn’t expect to pay an extra £2k for flights, unless they are upgraded?

Edited to add - does that include the cruise? In which case the price makes sense! I’ve done two Disney cruises and it’s crazy money!

Last edited:
2A+1C(10+)
10 days BC in august '19 free DDP, 14 days tickets + 12 days RPR + UOR AP + Flight (provision) + car hire : roughly £11k

2A, 2 weeks Oct '19, we are looking at about £4700 - POFQ, King bedroom, free QSDP, 14 day tickets, flight (basing on last year's price paid)

Is that including flights? If not it seems expensive even for Disney! I got 2 quotes yesterday for two adults for 13 nights... POFQ was £3700 and AKL was £4200... both without flights tho.i wouldn’t expect to pay an extra £2k for flights, unless they are upgraded?

Edited to add - does that include the cruise? In which case the price makes sense! I’ve done two Disney cruises and it’s crazy money!

Yeah flights are 1000 then the cruise would be about 1250 when the dates come out

just priced up our august trip for 2018 to see what it would be for 2019 and its almost identical maybe 1% more. this is for a stay at the beach club with dining and tickets so ex flights etc

Our trip for 2019 is currently looking about £9k - (2 Adults - 1 Child)

That includes PE flights (My son has ASD and we've found flying in a quieter cabin and with bigger seats a huge help so happy to bear the uplift)
2 weeks at the Yacht Club, (Also another nod to my son, as staying on property in hotel we can walk to a couple of the parks make the trip go so much smoother - used to stay in Villas which I loved but the 30-45 minute trek to get in the parks is just to much)
4x4 Car with best insurance I can get (more for me as those roads be crazy and I'm not the most confident of Drivers)
14 day Disney Tickets.

I am hoping to book very soon so I can get the free dining as at least then I think I'm making some type of saving.

All I know is Disney is not a cheap trip, I know I'm lucky to be able to go as much as I do.

I'm sure I could travel for a lot less if I didn't have all these stipulations in place.

But if I'm going on vacation I'm going to do what best for the way we travel as I don't want to save and have a bad time. when I can cut back on a few luxuries in the year and get the best out of our break.

Last edited:
Just the Disneypart sets us back for 3800 euros for 21-day tickets, 9 nights in Animal Kingdom Lodge in september and the included dining plan. We're considering upgrading to 10 nights for 200 euros more. The whole trip will cost +/- 9500 euros according to our budget which includes Universal Sapphire Falls or Royal Pacific for 9 nights, Universal anual passes (the cheapest option for us since the british tickets disappeared), tours (Universal VIP Tour, Keys to the Kingdom ,magic behind our steam trains, and wish to to another one) flights, rental car, gas, food and drinks.

We planned a trip last year that didn't go trough which was 8 nights in Saratoga Springs with 14 days tickets and dining plan included for 3222 euros for january 2018. That would have cost 7500 euros in total for almost a week less. If we want to do something comparable now we would be at 8500.

8 nights POFQ in sept 19’ with a garden view & tickets came in at £2366! Got the free QSDP & $200 gift card of course, and I’m allowing a further £5-600 for 2-3 nights tied on at the end at Universal, £9-1000 flights for 2 people so around £4000 for 11 nights for us xxx

Not sure yet!

We'e decided we can't take eldest DD out for a week in May. So we are going to 'have' to go August!!

We will do 10 nights BC to keep the price as it was this May £5600 and 4 nights maybe try WBC, unsure on price but it's and extra £1600 For those 4 nights at BC I'm sure I can get universal tickets and a hotel for that?

Flights will be the issue as we've aways had a good price with VA and not paid more that £2000 for the 4 of us so I'm prepared for a hike for August!

We might even head to the beach the last 4 nights or not even do universal but we haven't been for over 7 years so I'm wanting to see what's new.

For hotels and flights I would like to keep it under £10k.

I'm booked 26th December until 12th January staying at Poly 26th to the 30th with US tickets then Royal Pacific Resort 30th until 2nd then onto Animal Kingdom Lodge. Booked the first stay with a friend who is a US Disney Agent that includes Dining Plan and 3 day park hopper. Then the rest of the Disney trip again has Dining Plan booked Animal Kingdom Lodge by David's DVC renting points for a Savannah view room, I'm paying for the dining plan and have purchased our tickets. All together it's cost around £6000. It was definitely cheaper for us as a party of 2 to book the DVC and pay for our dining plan. Savannah view room if booked via the UK websites with the free dining was going to cost us £5000 for the 10 days with Davids DVC it was £1700 for the Savannah view room then around an extra £1000 for dining and our tickets cost £800.

I'm actually now looking at getting DVC via resale as it definitely seems like a great deal for us with costs rising for bookings. If we had wanted to go during our usual time of August for next year it was going to be over £6000 so would have saved considerably with DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!