How much room for a tent?

mickeyfan0805

DIS Veteran
My son has been bugging us to get a tent and sleep outside, so I'm considering pitching a tent as part of our set-up at the Fort in order to spend a night out there with him (as well as give the kids an extra place to hang during when we are at the site).

We have a premium site, a 35' tt, a 19' Suburban and will have a golf cart. I know it may have to go onto the pad, but I'm wondering how much space I would realistically have for the tent. Do I have room for an 8'x10' tent, or would it need to be something smaller to keep the site from getting cramped?

Thanks!

Well, if you have reserved a Premium campsite as you say, then they don't have any dirt in the back for a tent site. They are all pavement - there is no pad or tent site.

That being said, many sites have open spots behind the bushes or just off the pavement that will handle a small tent. But that depends very much on the site you get. Some Premiums lend themselves better to a tent nearby and others don't.

My advice is to bring a small tent and when you check into the Fort, tell the CM you want a site that can possibly handle a tent also.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm all in favor of the lad "camping" outside at WDW. Best place to do it IMO.

Thanks Bama Ed. I guess my question is whether or not there is room on the pad for the tent. I would place it on a tarp and then use concrete blocks to secure it.

If it's going to make the site too cramped, however, it's not worth it.

Well, the Premiums have a minimum length of 55' so it will be tight possibly given the trailer length and vehicle length combined. But as I said there is room to go off the concrete sometimes so I still think it can work if you talk at checkin about getting a good site.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

My advice is to bring a small tent and when you check into the Fort, tell the CM you want a site that can possibly handle a tent also.

1) Yes.
2) We DO know which sites can handle both a tt and tent.
3) But, keep this secret between us and don't spread this around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter