How much spending money daily on average solo?

The food budget will vary depending on whether you do quick service or table service. I would do both for the experience.

If you want to do any special events then you need to budget for that, too. For example, a dessert party. I love doing special tours.

I'm a new annual pass holder this year. Still learning the tips and tricks. I spend on average $100 a day in meals and small purchases and I go solo.

With 2 quick service meals plus a snack / drink and a little left for incidentals, I’d be comfortable budgeting $50 per day. Everything else is so variable and depends on how you travel.

Thanks for tips. I honestly haven’t even thought about where I’m going to eat so I guess I will have to do this :)
Also plan on any special events that you want to do - any EMM, After Hours, Parties going on during your stay? (I tend to do these solo as it is easier to splurge for one) Festivals at Epcot? Make sure if you want to do those that you plan for food booths, etc while you are there. Also, shopping - don't know your habits but I pick one Christmas ornament a trip (and a small budget for emergency items - like I didn't bring my sweatshirt and it is now 40 degrees out!). **Tip if you are staying on site - I figure out what I think I'm going to spend and then compare it to the price of adding the DDP. I've had trips that are dramatically cheaper each way - depending on what I have planned for any special dining.

I saved up $1000 on a Disney gift card and came home with about $300. This didn’t include Uber/Lyft, and a quick trip to Walmart for water, toilet paper and a couple of tshirts for the grand kids. I had about one TS a day and snacks.

Thanks for tips. I honestly haven’t even thought about where I’m going to eat so I guess I will have to do this :)

If you search youtube, you can find dining on a budget vids. It's a year old or so now, but Disney Food Blog had a $35/day, citing the locations, meals, and prices. It didn't include drinks and it's probably now $40-$45 based on price increases.

Another, rather naughty thing to do, if you don't drink soda, is to bring your own mug to your resort and have the hot beverages or the Iced tea as they don't need you to purchase a refillable cup to enjoy.

Just because they don't have an NFC sensor on the dispenser, doesn't mean they're free. I do enjoy your euphemism for theft, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts