• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how not to burn cookies

snickers

Earning My Ears
Hi...I know you excellent cooks out there will be able to help me.

I used to be known as an excellent cookie maker but now I am in a new house with new double oven and I threw out all of my old cookie sheets and have these new darker metal ones.

No matter what I do, I seem to get black bottoms on my cookies.

What do I need to do? I'm tired of throwing away 4-5 cookie sheets when I cook.

Help please ASAP!

If you haven't already tried:

Make sure you have a new oven thermometer

Try lining the pans with foil or parchment paper

Lower the baking temp by a few degrees

I always rotate the pan halfway through - even if I'm just doing one sheet.

I always take my ookies out just when they start to look brown. At first they look under cooked, but they are always much chewier.

I use the air cushion type pans and have good luck with them.

Other than getting new pans, I don't know what to add.

Hope these hints help a little, but you may have already tried them.

Good Luck. Let us know how you make out.

Dark pans will always burn your cookies because dark absorbs heat and so the bottoms burn. Get those air bake cookie sheets. Cookies always turn out great on them. Throw the dark ones away. They are good for nothing, as they will burn bars too.

Thank you for your helpful tips. I made double batches of two different kinds of cookies and just cooked them for two less minutes and it worked pretty well.

I had used an oven thermometer and both ovens are off, one by 25 degrees and the other by 15 degrees.

I also just used two pans on one rack instead of one pan on one rack and another one underneath.

You could also get a cooking stone. The bottoms never burn on items baked on a stone. I think they have them almost anywhere now, but mine all came from Pampered Chef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter