How often do pass prices increase?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
How often does WDW increase the price of the passes? I will be going twice in 2002 so will be buying an AP for myself and a hopper plus pass for DH. One trip is in May, the other next Sept. Would you recommend buying them in 2001 in case there is a price increase?
My last trip was in May 2000. In 1999, I knew from reading these boards, that Disney was eliminating the old style park hoppers and going with the new park hopper PLUS feature. The new style tickets cost more and gave you less. Since passes never expire, I immediately went to the DS and bought the last two old style tickets they had left.
I don't anticipate any new pass detailing in the next year, but I also want to get the best price available. My b-i-l can get the tickets using his military discount on base, so it's even a greater saving for the hopper pass. I was going to wait and buy my AP at the park, but if there's a possibility of a price increase, then I will go to the DS and get the voucher.
Any advice or opinions?

Disney usually increases ticket prices at least once a year. That said, I am not at all sure there will be an increase any time soon. That is just my opinion and I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time!). If I remember correctly, the last increase was in February of this year.

Passes always increase in January. If you are planning an early 2002 trip, I would get your passes or AP vouchers now!

What should be the strategy for a July 2002 trip to Disneyland? Should I buy the park hoppers now from the Disney Store before the price increase? Or will they have another special deal running by summer like they did this year? (Get one day free on your 3 or 4 day hopper!) I hate to mess up by waiting and then facing the price increase!

Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter