How often do waitlists come through?

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
We are vacationing in December, 7-14th, with extended family. I have a 2 bedroom at BCV booked for my hubby and I, and my cousin and his wife and two children. My aunt and uncle will be joining us. I booked a studio at Saratoga for them because it was the only resort with availability. I have them wait-listed at Boardwalk. Still 6 months+ away, what are the chances we will get it? Anyone ever done this?

I just wait listed for the first time ever.

I wait listed to OKW for Dec 3-10, booked at SSR.

My wait list came through within a couple of weeks. I was pleasantly surprised.

Good luck.

We have had every one of our WL's come through, but they have generally been for 2-4 nights. Seven nights for a studio at BWV during one of the busiest seasons for DVC may be tough, but it does happen.

Remember, you can have two active WL's. So you could do a WL for both a standard (or BW-view) and garden at BWV; or alternatively you could WL garden view at BWV and a studio at BCV. Since the garden view at BWV are more numerous than standard or BW-view, you have a great chance of that coming through.

We have had great luck with it the few times we waitlisted. My son was on the waitlist for Oct. F & W for 8 nights and it recently came through. I was a bit surprised. I thought he might have to wait a bit longer if he got it all. I could see 4,5 or 6 nights.

Good luck and hang in there.

7 days at BW will be tough, with all 3 studio types having zero openings as of today. As others said you can have two wait lists, I would probably do pool/garden and I'm not sure if I would standard or boardwalk for the other (not sure how many studios each has potentially).

What I might do is do a 3 day and a 4 day waitlist (if you don't mind a split stay if only half comes through), I think there is a better chance of getting part of the stay then all 7.

I would also constantly monitor the DVC site and check for openings. if two days open up its up to you to decide if its worth taking and adjusting resv. I have done that and it has worked. Also keep an eye at the Beach Club, doubtful but you never know.

Last thing would (if cash is an option), I would check on Swan and Dolphin especially if you need a flight for package options. She would be closer.

Good Luck

We wait listed August 11th and 12th at HHI and also booked a cash reservation for those dates just in case. I got a surprise email last weekend that it came through!! Now we have 5 nights at HHI and our cash reservation deposit was returned to our credit card!

Thanks everyone for replies. I have done a second wait-list for BW view. Hopefully increases the odds a bit. I hope that it being still 6 months out will help! Here is hoping! Fingers crossed!!

Thanks everyone for replies. I have done a second wait-list for BW view. Hopefully increases the odds a bit. I hope that it being still 6 months out will help! Here is hoping! Fingers crossed!!

That is probably a good choice. I bet there are BWV owners who "pencil in" BW-view rooms, just in case they may want to go, but then eventually cancel. Here's hoping your WL comes through!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter