How old do you see yourself going to WDW?

I'm of the mind that you should go as long as you enjoy going. I'm finding I'm not someone who needs to go to WDW annually, as I'd rather spend my vacation time and money on things I haven't done before, but I still plan to go back twice a decade or so until something actively prevents me. I know 30 is a far cry from 70, but I've already found that as I get older my enjoyment of WDW shifts as some parts appeal less to me and others more, and as physical limitations become more of a thing. Used to be I could do commando days and sleepless nights; after pushing myself too hard on this last trip and getting sick I know that's no longer a thing and that I'll get the most enjoyment out of a more relaxed approach. Farther down the road, say at 70, it might look more like only doing a park every other day, or taking longer afternoon breaks, or doing as another user suggested and using scooters to give your bodies a rest and have energy to stay longer. As long as you're enjoying yourself and the idea of stopping makes you sad, I think it still makes sense to go.

DW and I are in our late 60's and are blessed to be able to say we now snowbird near WDW.

The way we visit the parks has shifted a bit this year. We don't rush to do rope drop anymore. We take a more leisurely approach and search out FP's for a couple of attractions starting in mid morning. We may (or not) pause for lunch in the park before heading back home. Our visits have become, if you will permit the modification of an old Mark Twain quote, a good walk enhanced by Disney.

I will acknowledge that we have made fewer visits to the parks this year. Illness, other travel, and our volunteer activities at Give Kids the World have used up our time. But we have FP's and a tour scheduled for next week.

I still get that little chill when I walk down Main Street, especially if the train whistle blows in the background.

As others have suggested, keep coming until it isn't fun.

61 here. In Los Angeles. Just got my first AP. Starting in Sept I plan to go at least three times and maybe even four if my work schedule allows.

When I was in the World just a week ago with a couple of old (and old) friends we talked about six to eight years from now maybe all moving close by so we could go in all the time. So I see myself going to WDW well into my 80's.

I’m in my early 50’s and newly single. I would love to keep on doing Disney until my dying days but am not too sure how long I can do it solo. I’ve been touring Disney with the kids but they are growing up & are starting their own lives. I am hoping to find my Prince to enjoy Disney together until we are an old couple.

We plan on going to we drop and then our kids can spread our ashes there. lol

PS. I spread my sisters ashes at the finish line at Saratoga Race Track in NYS (that was her love) that was her wishes!!!!!

Based on the number of people whose ashes have been surreptitiously scattered at Disney World, I guess the time when you stop going is never.

I'm closer to 61 than 60 and have been going for over 35 years and don't plan on stopping until either I'm physically unable and my son is physically unable to push me around or until I can't afford it any more. My son is 37 and he has been going since he was just shy of 3 and he still loves it too and has no plans of not going. Our styles of touring have changed over the years, we never were big rope drop or park open to park close people but we did used to ride more rides than we do now. He has nerve damage in his spine so he is limited in some of the rides he can ride and I find it's just not a big deal to me to skip some rides now. We always took breaks in the afternoon and have always spent time at the pool, now it tends to be in the hot tub with a refreshing adult beverage.

DW and I are in our late 60's and are blessed to be able to say we now snowbird near WDW.

The way we visit the parks has shifted a bit this year. We don't rush to do rope drop anymore. We take a more leisurely approach and search out FP's for a couple of attractions starting in mid morning. We may (or not) pause for lunch in the park before heading back home. Our visits have become, if you will permit the modification of an old Mark Twain quote, a good walk enhanced by Disney.

I will acknowledge that we have made fewer visits to the parks this year. Illness, other travel, and our volunteer activities at Give Kids the World have used up our time. But we have FP's and a tour scheduled for next week.

I still get that little chill when I walk down Main Street, especially if the train whistle blows in the background.

As others have suggested, keep coming until it isn't fun.

I'm 74 and am thinking of a solo trip this Spring. I had a hip replacement 2 years ago and My daughter and I went last May for 7 days. I have lost count of how many times I have gone over the years and think another trip, this one solo, would be just the thing! I can walk just fine and have slowed down a bit but the idea of just going anywhere and doing exactly what I want, when I want intrigues me. Wish me luck!

I hope to continue going as long as I can...i'm 65 now and going in april for my 40th anniversary to DLR with my wife who doesn't know we are going yet.....

LOL, I surprised my husband with a 50th anniversary trip this year, which is only 2 weeks away! I made all the arrangements on the sly and kept it from him for several months. He was really surprised that I would actually do that without his help. He is very glad and we are both anxiously awaiting our trip in 2 weeks. I'm sure your wife will love the surprise.

I'm 56, my wife 53 and we are both in relatively good health as we are pretty active. I've been going to WDW for the past 37 years. My family tends to live long and healthy lives. My dad is 83 and has a garden, drives & mows his grass, his mom lived to 98 and her mom to 102. I plan to go to WDW well into my 80's as long as I am physically & mentally able. WDW keeps me young, as long as I can go I know I'm still a kid at heart. I am planning my retirement so we can afford at least one trip a year. I still get that same wonderful feeling as I did when I was 20 walking down Main street, under Spaceship Earth or Hollywood Blvd. Life is too short not to do what truly makes you happy.

I just turned 60 and am here now at the parks solo and enjoying my birthday trip. I have an annual pass this year and have been for F&G, Halloween/F&W, Pre-Christmas, and now. May make one more trip this year before the annual pass expires. Will most likely wait until Starwars land has been around a bit and then get another Annual pass (from Colorado here). I don't ever want to grow up! :)

My parents went in their 80s, for their 60th, 61st, and 62nd anniversary. Both the second and third time they went they got upgraded from a standard room to concierge at the Beach Club. What's funny is that Mom always said she wanted to go to WDW, but Dad didn't like rides, so he refused to go. But once she got him there (it "only" took her 60 years), he loved it!. Their last visit was when they were 82.

DW (72) and I (69 ~ yes, I'm the Trophy Husband) just booked the Swan/Dolphin for our 35th wedding anniversary. And we know those long coast-to-coast flights are a wicked chore to endure. BUT ... with the vast selection of parks and activities and lodging options at WDW vs. DL ... just live for today .. or the next trip to The World ... and let the details of day to day life happen as they will. ENJOY!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!