How old do you see yourself going to WDW?

We are looking at 70 straight in the eye. I noticed that doing early EMH is not as appealing, tho I did it twice for FoP last trip, and want to go back to the resort around 2-3 for the evening.

We fly from Seattle,our trips are once a year, but stay a few weeks.

The thought of stopping makes me very sad. I talk about previous trips to anyone who listens, or sitting down. I get excited about new stuff or changes. (Maybe if they would quit doing that, I would stop!) I still have my fantasy of staying at all the resorts at least one night.

Am I being over dramatic, or is there an age I should consider switching to Disneyland?

No, you are not being over-dramatic. Disney is your "Paradise." I say hang on as long as health allows.

I am a very youthful 58 (come mid July), and as long as health allows me to, I am going to continue my WDW vacations until I physically cannot do it anymore. I have a VERY MILD problem with my knees now that do not bother me unless I am walking DOWN stairs. I suspect/expect this may progress as I get older, but I really do believe that as long as I can get around fairly well, I will always be doing WDW, even if I have to use a scooter. I am at the age where I am taking better care of myself anyway (because while my body does not seem to have caught up with my age, at some point.. it WILL), I want to make sure I go into my aging years with vim and vigor, and the ability to do my 17 hour days at the park (rope drop to fireworks!) and rock Tower of Terror two or three times in one day!

JANET AND MINNIE SIDE BY SIDE 2017.jpg janet and fairy god mother black and white.jpg PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_JANET BALLOON CASTLEN GREEN DRESS.JPG
janet at pop room 2017 mirro selfie.jpg

Last edited:

I can def see my wife and I traveling at 66 and 61 years...in FEB! I can see me going on all the rides with the grandkids (wife hates/is afraid of most rides). I can see us going 5 days before the rest of the fam to spend adult time at WDW without parks...........

We are now planning for 4 more years from now when our youngest DGD will be 7-ish and is ripe for a visit. I might go a little slower but I'll rent a scooter if I have to...................I'm not missing her face!!

A long, long time. I had physical health issues that I was able to mostly overcome and I am 35 now. I seem to be getting stronger and stronger, so if I can keep at this then probably not until I die will I be too old.

At first I figured it would be when I couldn't get around anymore. But when I was diagnosed with Lupus and needed a scooter, I realized that it could get me around the park when I can't.

So, now I guess it will be when I start running over people and not caring about it.
Haha!:laughing: We will continue going as long as our health allows and we are enjoying ourselves!:thumbsup2 Right now, very fit and healthy, hoping to enjoy many years of magic, hoping every vaca to make awesome memories. Looking forward to new memories with our adult DS and their children one day!:cheer2::woohoo:

I am 25, I have been when I was 12, 20, 22 and I had my birthday there last year (25) and I am going again this year, before my birthday because I have an AP pass and my parents are going (my mum and I, we both have the same bucket list of going to every Disney theme park), we love Disney, I can't speak for my parents, but I intend to go until I am an old lady! Also I am from Australia, so I can't get there as often as I like, but I try!

I am so glad to see and read these comments. I am planning a girls only trip for May 2020. There will be 5 of us, ranging in age from 42 to 69. I will be 68. If I went tomorrow there would be nothing I couldn't do but I worry what I might be like in two more years. The five of us LOVE Disney so right now our plan is to enjoy every minute from rope drop to as late as we can go!!!! If I find there are things I can't do in two more years, I will accept that and enjoy everything I can!

I’m in my early 50’s and newly single. I would love to keep on doing Disney until my dying days but am not too sure how long I can do it solo. I’ve been touring Disney with the kids but they are growing up & are starting their own lives. I am hoping to find my Prince to enjoy Disney together until we are an old couple.
Please don’t stop going because you’re single. Life is short so don’t waste any of it waiting for someone else. Find friends to go with you or meet new friends from the board. But go and have fun.

I am so glad to see and read these comments. I am planning a girls only trip for May 2020. There will be 5 of us, ranging in age from 42 to 69. I will be 68. If I went tomorrow there would be nothing I couldn't do but I worry what I might be like in two more years. The five of us LOVE Disney so right now our plan is to enjoy every minute from rope drop to as late as we can go!!!! If I find there are things I can't do in two more years, I will accept that and enjoy everything I can!

This is AWESOME!!! I have 3 or 4 Disneyphile girlfriends. Most friends don't understand the magic there. I can't imagine getting 5 friends to agree to a Disney trip.

As for the "How old is too old" question: Like most people have said, as long as you're enjoying it. I currently go in commando style every time, because of teenage boy, but I can see slowing the pace down as I get older and letting go of trying to Do It All.

The older I get the more I love Rope drop. If I have a five hour afternoon break I can make it back out for January’s 8pm MK fireworks once or twice during a ten day trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!