How RotR BG's ruined HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
People can share opinions, but no name calling is allowed per Disboard guidelines.
Thank you

Ok... you REALLY expect 18, 23 and 25 yo's to go to bed at 7pm? Heck, I go to bed at 9pm on a regular basis and there is NO way I would fall asleep at 7. That said, we all went to bed early. I'm sorry. We went in 2008 and we didn't wait AT ALL. I had like 5 paper FP's in my hand. We walked on everything. Here is my post on our day that I posted elsewhere. Part of it was the timing as we had crappy FP's.

So we parked REALLY close at 5:45 yet we had to stand 10 feet or more back from the Hollywood Studios sign. I guess everyone in front of us was from the resort because the parking lot was pretty empty. They opened gates at 6:15. We got through at 6:30. We had gotten there so early to be front for Mil. Fal. We weren’t there nearly early enough to do that. We were by Star Tours. There were tons and tons of people in back of us, but a lot of people in front of us as well. Thanks to our son, he got boarding group 16.

They let us go probably 7:05 so that people could get BG and not have people trampling over those on their phones. We walked shoulder to should down the street to Me. Fal. It was horrible. At 7:20 we were nowhere close to the entrance. We were only 4 across at that point. Son looked on phone and the wait was already 120 minutes. And we were not near the entrance yet. We didn’t think we would make our 2 hour window, so we got out of line. I read that someone yesterday got there later than us and yet made it through Mel. Fal in an hour…I do not understand how they did that unless they elbowed their way through or something. Maybe as a single. But with 5 of us not willing to run over the lady in the wheelchair and multiple strollers, yeah, wasn’t happening. We looked at the stores, kids building robots ( first thing is the time to do it btw. When we returned later the crowds were horrible.)

Our group was called at 7:30. We only had maybe 50 people in with us in the group. I’m guessing because others were riding rides. RIDE WAS AWESOME. Got off at 8 Star tours had a 25 minute wait so they did that. Then they all rode TOT. I just wandered around or sat on my phone. They finished that at 10. Our Prime Time café reservation was at 11 and the lines were all too long to do anything, so we rested and watched the Galaxy show at 10:30. Cute.

Got to Prime Time at 10:50. Do not understand why we had such a hard time getting a reservation until yesterday. Our section had empty seating for about 25 people until about 11:45. Anyway, we went to our fp of Muppet to let our food digest. Then we saw that Mil Falc was only 85 minutes. ( ONLY..uggh). So we waited in line. From stepping in line to getting back outside where the line started was exactly 85 minutes. We did have a ball on that ride since it was us and a very quiet single rider. My daughter and husband were the pilots. Boys were the gunners. And my motion sickness self was at a perfect job as a gunner where I could look at buttons instead of the screen. I would not have survived as a pilot. I would have thrown up. It was 1:55 at that point.

They had a fp at RocknRollercoaster at 2:20, so by the time we walked over there they only had 5 minutes to wait. Done at 2:40. The lines were SO SO long at everything. We had a fp for Beauty and Beast at 3:20. We tapped in, but no more fp. Everyone was tired and did not want to stand in anymore lines so we walked back out and went home. Now technically, we could have stood in the 105 minute line for SD or 90 for Mania…but YUCK. My kids ( 18, 23 and 25) had no interest in any of the shows. Most of us hate crowds and lines. ( Last time I did this almost 12 years ago we didn’t wait in a single line because of my fast pass use.) But everyone felt like the day was successful because they saw the Star Wars stuff.

They felt like it was successful and I kept my mouth shut because over 600 buck, no it wasn't.
Unfortunately you can't compare your experience from 2008 to now. In 2008 the parks were still suffering from the effect of 9-11 and the parks in general were empty.

Oh, I'm sure Disney loves this... We LOVE Star Wars, but also wanted to ride the rest of the rides. It was way too crowded, especially for my two older boys and husband who tend toward social/crowd anxiety. They wanted to go, but it was not like we remembered at all. Last time (2008) with my planning we waited for nothing and avoided crowds, especially at rope drop. You can no longer do that.
Yes things have definitely changed since 2008.
Heck they changed since 2018!!!!!

I do not like crowds, I guess I have some PTSD symptoms from stuff in my youth.

Fortunately WDW is one place were its not as bad. You can usually still find a quiet spot to chill if the throngs are getting to you.

We aren’t normally rope droppers but we will be to ride this. I like the BG option. We absolutely wouldn’t stand in line for 4 hours and I expect the FP+ will be really hard to get. Our March trip is 4 days with HS planned on day 3 and I couldn’t get SDD for any time at all on our FP day. At least with the BG option we have as much chance as anyone of being able to ride.

pretty much how I feel - it's not perfect and requires a bit of "hoop jumping" but it is better than any other system I can think of

It would be great if the parks weren't so crowded and you could just get on this (or any ride) easily - but it just isn't reality. This is a brand new ride that many are claiming is the best theme park ride ever so, yeah, a lot of people want to ride it and if one wants to ride it you need to jump through some hoops or just wait

I have gone 3 times in the last 6 years and Everytime it has been very different with very different ways to make days easier. You can't compare a trip to even one last year. Seems you had a good day. I'm sorry you felt you waited along time but that's just the reality of doing parks now.

I must have read the thread after the removal. I'm sorry OP if you felt attacked. Many on these boards are just trying to offer a different point of view. HS has been very different for many years since attractions have been coming and going. Who knows maybe next time you visit it will be a bit tamer. I hope you had a great universal trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts