How safe is it to leave your luggage?

Here is my somewhat disturbing experience at RPR on Sept 3. We arrived, and unloaded our bags, left them with Bell Services. My friend stayed with the bags to get them checked in, I headed to the parking lot to park the car. Walked back to the resort. About 10 mins later, I remembered I needed something from my carry on bag. Well.....I figured I would have to have Bell Services go get the bag. Nope, our bags were still sitting outside, on the luggage cart, unattended. I went into the bag, got what I wanted, no one ever said a word. No one had any way of knowing those were my bags!!! Incredible. When we were in the lobby a bit later, the carts were brought inside, and just left standing there. It took a good 30 mins before there were no more luggage carts outside the Bell Services area.

I noticed that once and asked valet about it

They said when they are swamped with everyone checking in at one time, some luggage carts are lined up like that
Was told not an issue as the security cameras are on them all the time
And being watched

I noticed that once and asked valet about it

They said when they are swamped with everyone checking in at one time, some luggage carts are lined up like that
Was told not an issue as the security cameras are on them all the time
And being watched
Yeah, that's fairly common in the hotel business in general. Sometimes the incoming baggage overloads the number of staff on hand to sort it out so it goes in a holding area that's under video or physical surveillance ... or both. It's a bit unusual for that holding area to be right in front where it's obvious like that, but hey ... stuff happens.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that Disney had started using large tents as a holding area for baggage from their Magical Express service at some hotels. I know what's happening there but the idea of having their luggage tucked in a tent in the driveway caused some audible guest grumbling.

Last year left bags with RPR with Bell Services and they were wonderful. We had four suitcases, we were going to check. Then we had pillows, half open case of bottled water, and other miscellaneous items that we were planning on putting in the car and they insisted they also take them from us. I am not naïve to say the least but I would be really surprised if any of your items were missing. Could your items get damaged? Sure but it would not be intentionally, and I think the chances of that happening are 100x less likely than the airlines damaging them.

The only issue i have ever had with checking the luggage (rpr) is losing my claim check......

had to go through a lot to prove who i was, describing what i checked in and then have my luggage given to me.

do not ever lose your claim ticket.

write the claim number on the back of your hand........lol
Or just take a picture of it with your phone.

Here is my somewhat disturbing experience at RPR on Sept 3. We arrived, and unloaded our bags, left them with Bell Services. My friend stayed with the bags to get them checked in, I headed to the parking lot to park the car. Walked back to the resort. About 10 mins later, I remembered I needed something from my carry on bag. Well.....I figured I would have to have Bell Services go get the bag. Nope, our bags were still sitting outside, on the luggage cart, unattended. I went into the bag, got what I wanted, no one ever said a word. No one had any way of knowing those were my bags!!! Incredible. When we were in the lobby a bit later, the carts were brought inside, and just left standing there. It took a good 30 mins before there were no more luggage carts outside the Bell Services area.

I had the same thing happen at HRH, our bags checked with bell services stayed outside by the door for hours until the room was ready along with many other peoples luggage, probably 8 to 10 carts full. While video cameras are on them, that won't help until after the fact and then it is really too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!