How soon will Goofy likely fill this year?

Wendysofftoneverland

DIS Veteran
I am hoping to do the 2024 Goofy Challenge. It's my first year trying to sign up for a challenge, and I heard how fast some of the races have been selling out lately. Was this past year because of the marathon anniversary year or do you think people will be in the queue and shut out of race registration for all races? I've always heard the 5k is hard to get into, and that Dopey is harder than Goofy, but I am hoping it isn't a year where some people in the queue end up with no races.

This thread has all the recent sell-out times
The link in this post has all the information you're looking for.

Last year, Goofy sold out in less than 45 minutes, only a few minutes after Dopey. But the year before that it was open for a few days.

The sell-out thread is going to be your best bet.

No one knows what (if any) impact the return of the DL races and the C2C medal will have on registrations.

Goofy is always a low attended event and therefore has a low cap. We usually see roughly 700-1100ish give or take a bit Goofy only runners. I say Goofy only because Dopey does include Goofy.

Unlike some, I truly don't believe the DL races and C2C will have a large impact.

I remember last time I did marathon weekend (2019), they were still taking registrations for something (maybe marathon?) at the expo, but then I remember hearing everything sold out super quick last year

I remember last time I did marathon weekend (2019), they were still taking registrations for something (maybe marathon?) at the expo, but then I remember hearing everything sold out super quick last year
Last year was bonkers. I don't think it's going to be that nuts this year, but I still think everything will sell out in the first day. Maybe a more "new normal" in the first 3-5 hours. :crazy:

I think it’ll be easier than last year but you have to go in with the expectation that it’ll sell out as quickly.

FWIW I was contemplating doing Goofy next year but it’ll be DL only for me now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter