How strict are stroller rules being enforced

Brian4891

Mouseketeer
Just wondering how strict they are being on the stroller dimensions that were introduced a few months ago.

I have a Graco double stroller. I just measured from outside to outside of the back wheels and it was almost 31 3/4 inches, so just slightly over the 31 inch limit.

Will I have a problem? Or is this close enough that they will let me through?

I don’t want to chance it. That’s why I am trying to find out if people have experience getting strollers in that are less than 1 inch over the limit.

I don’t want to chance it. That’s why I am trying to find out if people have experience getting strollers in that are less than 1 inch over the limit.

I would say you are chancing it by definition if you know it's over the size limit and are trying to circumvent that rule. I'm sure some, if not many, cast members follow the policy even if some slip through the cracks. I would suggest renting a double that fits the size requirements if you don't want to buy one.

If you already know the stroller is larger than allowed, you are trying to circumvent the rules. I would suggest in order to not start your vacation in a bad way, ((you would be upset that you got "caught") that you just figure you will either rent or buy one that fits the new restrictions.

I'm sure people do get them in. But that doesn't mean you will. It is a gamble.

My Britax double side by side stroller is JUST under by 1/4 inch. At no point during my recent trip did someone stop me to be measured.

While in the park, I saw a lot of rentals of strollers that were clearly larger than allowed, but they were in the park as well.

That being said, how much of a pain would it be to be turned back at the gate? The options then would be to go back and store your stroller and rent one. Instead, do what I did. Jumped on some local trade sites and bought a double stroller.

My first one was a City Mini that I bought for $20. It was in terrible condition and we hated it. So we sold it for $20. We finally settled on the Britax B-Agile, which we love for $40 used. It’s 7 years old, good condition and has been our vacation stroller for 3 years now. At that price it’s better than renting one.

As others have said, it may get through but I wouldn’t want to change plans at the gate if stopped. Also to point out, the Skyliner has very minimal clearance outside the allowable width and you could have trouble there even if allowed into the parks.

Enjoy your vacation!

I didn't have an oversize stroller, but the tape lines that they had early this summer (wheel it into this box and if it fits you can go in) were gone when I went last month. That said there were several signs, and part of both the tram announcements and the bus announcements was a message that "you will be turned away at the gate if your stroller is oversized". So they're still taking it seriously.

Our double is less than 1" too long so we took our big single stroller for the airport and such (my 1 year old sat on my 3 year old in the stroller on the walk to the departure gate) and rented a second single stroller. I would recommend that course of action, personally. Epcot and Animal Kingdom are hilly, and pushing a double stroller up the hill between say the England and France pavilions, or to the Land pavilion would be deadly.

Just updating this for anyone wondering.

Visited every park last week 11/4 thru 11/8 with my double stroller that was just slightly wider than the width limit (less than 1 inch over). There was never any issue getting the stroller into any park. There was no painted area on the ground that you roll the stroller into. There was nobody standing there measuring strollers. Neither the people at security nor the people scanning magic bands for entry to the park seemed to care at all about the size of the stroller.

My stroller was just slightly over the limit, but I did see quite a few strollers that were several inches over the limit in every park. Bottom line is there does not seem to be any enforcement of this policy.

One thing to note, on the skyliner they make you fold up double strollers even if it looks like they will fit. Single strollers can be rolled right onto the car.

I would imagine that the largest issue that they were trying to combat is the "wagon style" strollers and that those are the only ones really being policed by cast members. That being said, I probably wouldn't risk it myself as we wouldn't want to take any chances of de-railing our trip for something that we knew was against the rules. Regardless, thanks for the report back!

I certainly wouldn't want to chance something like that with small children. i would hate to have to take a stroller all the way back to the car or hotel. Just because someone got by doesn't mean you will, and my luck would be I was the one they noticed at the gate, or my week was when they decided to start checking again. Better to just rent something allowable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!