How to choose a Disneyland Travel Agent?

socks4dobby

Earning My Ears
I am considering using a Disney Travel Agent to plan our next Disneyland vacation (me, my husband, 2 year old, and 3 year old daughters). What are some questions I should ask to assess whether the travel agent is good? It's easy to find travel agents, but hard to know how to vet them. Also, how do I verify that they are a legitimate travel agent? What personal information will I be expected to share? (i.e. trying to understand what would be a red flag)

Welcome to the DIS! Have you thought about using Dreams Unlimited (the company that runs this board)? Pretty sure they are legit! Disney Travel can help you, too. Some people use AAA. Others on the DLR board love Costco Packages.
By the way, drop on by the Disneyland (California) forum -- that's the forum for all trip planning for DLR. Many of us there don't use travel agents because we find that we save a lot of money by booking everything ourselves. Nothing wrong with either option, but you might want to ask about it on the DLR forum to know what all your options are before planning your trip.

Last edited:
I had no idea that the owners of the boards ran Dreams Unlimited! That’s great! I will probably end up booking on my own, but I just thought I should consider a TA because it has been 10+ years since I’ve been to Disneyland, and it seems like everything is so different now (like booking FP in advance?!). I also want to stay on property and I’ve never done that before. And I don’t have any time to do thorough research between work and toddlers, so I thought a good TA would be able to help with questions. I’ll check out Dreams Unlimited. Thank you so much!

I had no idea that the owners of the boards ran Dreams Unlimited! That’s great! I will probably end up booking on my own, but I just thought I should consider a TA because it has been 10+ years since I’ve been to Disneyland, and it seems like everything is so different now (like booking FP in advance?!). I also want to stay on property and I’ve never done that before. And I don’t have any time to do thorough research between work and toddlers, so I thought a good TA would be able to help with questions. I’ll check out Dreams Unlimited. Thank you so much!

Just so you know Advanced booking for Fastpasses (Fastpass+) is only at Walt Disney World. In Disneyland there is Maxpass which allows you to book same day fastpasses from a mobile device OR original legacy Fastpasses still work just as they always have.

... it has been 10+ years since I’ve been to Disneyland, and it seems like everything is so different now (like booking FP in advance?!)...
As the pp said, there is no booking FPs in advance at DLR. We have legacy FP and MP. Read through this very helpful superthread from the Disneyland (California) forum: Maxpass/Fastpass Superthread: an overview and some strategy. Then ask any and all questions in that thread -- you'll get great help from our FP/MP experts!

Lots of older threads about using a travel agent. Nowadays, most everyone has access to the internet and travel agents mostly do what you can for yourself online using the same publically available websites. Unless they offer discounts not available to the public, you are probably better off making your own reservations. Disney won't talk with you about your reservation if you are using a travel agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!