How to dry things?

The magnets are a good idea! How strong are your magnets and how many things are you hanging between 2?

the magnets we use hold 25 lbs and we also bring a couple feet of cord (string) which we attach a clothes pin a bit down from the one above, we hang a few swim suits and put a dirty towel on the floor below to catch any drips in case we did not ring them out good enough. we also hang one in the back of the cabin for the girls to hang any jackets, hoodies, lanyards, or other things they use in and out.

You can always jumpstart the drying by using the aforementioned towel trick and then using the hair dryer to start the drying. And there is the iron as well, multiple options. And then there are always the dryers.

I would not recommend leaving clothes on the balcony, no matter how well secured they are, if wind kicks up the right way, they could get blown off or damaged by water or on the applicable night, a stray firework.

We use the clothesline in the bathroom. Never had issues but we bring a few swimsuits so allow enough time to dry.

We use the clothesline in the bathroom. Never had issues but we bring a few swimsuits so allow enough time to dry.
Really? I am perfectly willing to put back on a wet swimsuit, the only time I really care about drying it is if I am flying after I get off and want to get the weight down, otherwise it can completely dry at home.

My girls and I had no problem hanging our suits and having them dry by the next day. I guess maybe different people's routines might make the dampness of the bathroom vary. We hung them after showering and don't shave at the sink so maybe that helped.

Ours never seem to dry on the line over the tub either, and I can't bear the thought of putting on a wet/damp suit (ugh) so we bring at least 3 each. The in-room trick sounds good if we could pull it off.

We make sure to bring multiple bathing suits so while one is hanging in the shower we have something else to wear in the mean time.

We always bring two suits each. One thing I noticed on the Fantasy last trip was that there are two lines in the shower to hang. It works better to pull both across and then drape the suit across the two - more surface area is then exposed to air top and bottom and they dried much faster. Putting the line through the leg works too.

Re putting clothes to dry on the balcony. I understand that there can be hefty fines for the cruise line (and hence the guest) if anything is "disposed" of off the balcony. Anything that falls or flies off the balcony qualifies whether intentional or not. You definitely do not want to hang anything on the balcony railing because the likelihood of it falling or flying off is quite high when the ship is moving. If you hang it over the railing in port it will be seen and you'll be told to move it. Putting stuff out on the chair is less of a risk of flying off but we find that there's not so much wind or moving air on the balconies because of the overhangs so it's not really much better than the bathroom. And there can be quite a bit of humidity.

We do the same as others have mentioned - once you've got the dripping water out after hanging in the shower, putting it on a hanger and hanging it in the room will be faster than the balcony chair; with the air conditioning, there's no humidity. The dryers in the laundry are ideal but they are so busy we've given up on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter