How to 'explain' a solo trip to people?

I have been solo 3 times this year. I love it. I just tell people I like not having to plan around other people's preferences. I get to do what I want, when I want. No one saying they don't want to see that show or eat there, etc.

I have an absolutely burning desire to visit the DLR in 2019, and am thinking about visiting for a few days in May.

However, due to several factors, there is a %95 chance it would be a solo trip. I am okay with that, and understand the different Pro's and Con's.

The issue I am having is how to 'explain' to people I am going solo. I find the thought extremely awkward. Anyone else encounter this before? Any tips?

I have been on a few solo trips to WDW and I may do DL next year. People always judge me and I sit there proudly and say, "Why WOULDN'T you go solo?" I LOVE Disney and I don't care if anyone else gets it. They can judge me all they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!