How to get a banshee?

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
My niece fell in love with that limited edition moss colored banshee. Problem is we don't get there until December. Does anyone know how I can get her one? I haven't seen it on shop Disney parks. And ebay has it for about $300 which I just can't justify. If anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate.

Sorry if I posted this on the wrong board.

Looks like Windtraders is the exclusive outlook for the limited edition --This is from the Disney website.

The best location to find select limited release products on April 22 is Discovery Trading Company at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The interactive banshee will be released in Windtraders at Pandora – The World of Avatar. Other select items, such as the handbags by Dooney & Bourke, will also be released via Shop Disney Parks. Please note all limited release items will be available while supplies last.

Looks like Windtraders is the exclusive outlook for the limited edition --This is from the Disney website.

The best location to find select limited release products on April 22 is Discovery Trading Company at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The interactive banshee will be released in Windtraders at Pandora – The World of Avatar. Other select items, such as the handbags by Dooney & Bourke, will also be released via Shop Disney Parks. Please note all limited release items will be available while supplies last.

Yeah I was afraid of that.

You cannot get the limited edition one outside of the parks. It’s for the Animal Kingdom 20th anniversary celebration today.

Yeah that's what I thought. Didn't know if there was a service or something I could use to get it. Bummer.

There are re-sellers of Disney park merch--folks who buy things at the parks and sell them at a mark-up on their sites. I've never used one of these services but I have seen comments about some of them being less than reliable (i.e. taking a long period of time to fill an order.) Google will be your best resource for this type of thing.

Any chance you could convince your niece to go for one of the standard issue banshees? Looks like those are available at shopdisney.com with no problem. :)

I've used a Disney personal shopper several times through her Facebook page. Always had good experiences and gotten what I needed. I know there are a lot pf people that are Florida locals that work to get items like that and usually only charge a modest markup for them.

There are re-sellers of Disney park merch--folks who buy things at the parks and sell them at a mark-up on their sites. I've never used one of these services but I have seen comments about some of them being less than reliable (i.e. taking a long period of time to fill an order.) Google will be your best resource for this type of thing.

Any chance you could convince your niece to go for one of the standard issue banshees? Looks like those are available at shopdisney.com with no problem. :)

I wouldn't mind purchasing at a slight mark up but I can't do the $300. I'll keep searching google.

Well she was going to get a standard one, wasn't too crazy about the colors but thought purple might be cool, and then saw the dark green and said that it was the perfect banshee for her.

I've used a Disney personal shopper several times through her Facebook page. Always had good experiences and gotten what I needed. I know there are a lot pf people that are Florida locals that work to get items like that and usually only charge a modest markup for them.

Any chance I could get the name for the ones you've used? I reached out to one girl but she said she wouldn't be getting them.

Last edited:

Ok guys and gals I was at AK and picked one up and they are going fast!
I live not far from the park but I picked mine up to trade!
I have three things I can’t get at WDW but can at DL.
I’m looking for the Thanos drinking mug, the new Star Wars imperial Walker pop corn bucket and the Micky ears train conductor hat.
The banshee was just over a hundred dollars more than the three things I’m looking for.
Any takers?

I would suggest picking one up in December. Chances are that Disney will be celebrating the AK 20th anniversary all year.

To day was the one year anniversary of the opening of Pandora and they have the Limited addition banshee but from what I saw they are going fast. They have the standard colors all year long but the dark purple that glow in the dark not for long

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter