• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to get new magic band question for the best price?

IndianaJ

Mouseketeer
A few moving parts:
1. New AP holder, not activated, but with AKL reservation for July (first trip is Jun 13 though). I see we can order with this reservation, but not all styles are available
2. Daughter will be Disney College program participant beginning Jun 17; moving her down Jun 13
3. Can order through AKL reservation and we have Disney Visa if that helps

What is the cheapest way to do it? I'd like magic bands prior to when she starts the program, but I don't have to have them during our first trip, but it would be nice.

What would you do?

ShopDisney.com had an offer on Sunday for 25% off a purchase of $125...we decided we wanted four MagicBand+'s for our DCL cruise (so we don't have to deal with lanyards on board), so I bought there. I was able to combine it with an eBates (now their called something like Rakuten) offer for a 5% rebate. And I used Disney gift cards that were purchased from Target at a 5% rebate to pay the bill.

My net was about $102 for 4 standard MagicBand+ after tax... so about $25.50 each. I don't see the 25% offer at ShopDisney anymore, so it may not be possible to repeat right now. But I have to figure it'll pop up again. I know there is a 20% offer code with the Disney Visa currently, but I'm not sure you can use the Disney Visa offer code to get the discount but pay with Disney gift cards.

ShopDisney.com had an offer on Sunday for 25% off a purchase of $125...we decided we wanted four MagicBand+'s for our DCL cruise (so we don't have to deal with lanyards on board), so I bought there. I was able to combine it with an eBates (now their called something like Rakuten) offer for a 5% rebate. And I used Disney gift cards that were purchased from Target at a 5% rebate to pay the bill.

My net was about $102 for 4 standard MagicBand+ after tax... so about $25.50 each. I don't see the 25% offer at ShopDisney anymore, so it may not be possible to repeat right now. But I have to figure it'll pop up again. I know there is a 20% offer code with the Disney Visa currently, but I'm not sure you can use the Disney Visa offer code to get the discount but pay with Disney gift cards.
You still need your cruise id card on the ship to tap in and off the ship. The magic band can’t be used for that function. It will open the door and you can use it for your photos.

Cheapest ones are going to be solid color with resort stay or AP on the website for around 25 bucks. Some styles can be marked down on shopDisney. Could your daughter use a cast member discount to purchase one at DS/parks?

Last edited:
A few moving parts:
1. New AP holder, not activated, but with AKL reservation for July (first trip is Jun 13 though). I see we can order with this reservation, but not all styles are available
2. Daughter will be Disney College program participant beginning Jun 17; moving her down Jun 13
3. Can order through AKL reservation and we have Disney Visa if that helps

What is the cheapest way to do it? I'd like magic bands prior to when she starts the program, but I don't have to have them during our first trip, but it would be nice.

What would you do?

The older version of Magic Bands is cheaper than the newer MagicBand+. However, the older version is hard to find on Disney property. So if you see the older version on My Disney Experience (because you have a Disney hotel stay coming up), that might be the cheapest way to get them.

But I don't know about discounts for Disney College Program participants, so I can't factor that in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter