How to get to Rome port?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I keep changing my mind on what itinerary I want to do for my European cruise. I know Disney hasn't released their schedule yet for 2019, but 2018 has a few cruises that leave or end in Rome. I love Rome and wouldn't mind starting my cruise there, but I'm wondering how people get to the port. It's around a 2 hour drive, right? Do people hire car services or is there a train people take to get there? I'm not a big fan of Barcelona and would rather do a cruise where I could stay on the boat there, but it was really convenient starting a cruise from there before.

The port is actually in Civitaveccia. We're on the cruise that leaves from Barcelona and ends in Rome. Our plan is to take the train from Civitaveccia to Rome. I also investigated shuttle bus and taxi services, but the train is the most economical. I'm sure Disney will have their usual transfers as well.

Contact DCL and see if they are offering transportation from Rome to the port. We are sailing out of Dover and they are offering transportation from the Victoria Sttion train station to Dover. You don't have to be booked at one of the the Disney preferred hotels to get on this shuttle. In London it is London Centre pick-up. It is not well advertised by Disney and not all the phone agents seem to know about it. I know that a bunch of people on our cruise are using it and a few people had to call back before they found someone who knew about it.

The train is very easy to take in Rome.

Contact DCL and see if they are offering transportation from Rome to the port. We are sailing out of Dover and they are offering transportation from the Victoria Sttion train station to Dover. You don't have to be booked at one of the the Disney preferred hotels to get on this shuttle. In London it is London Centre pick-up. It is not well advertised by Disney and not all the phone agents seem to know about it. I know that a bunch of people on our cruise are using it and a few people had to call back before they found someone who knew about it.

The train is very easy to take in Rome.

A few years ago, we used RomeCabs. Excellent prompt service from our hotel to the port. Communication with Stefano was fast and easy. Highly recommended. On the website, they say the transfer costs 140 Euros.

Our cruise docked in Civitaveccia. It was an EASY train ride into Rome. If you go on the cruise, I highly recommend you take the train into Civitaveccia.

Our cruise docked in Civitaveccia. It was an EASY train ride into Rome. If you go on the cruise, I highly recommend you take the train into Civitaveccia.

Are the train options pretty clear? I've been researching more in the past couple of days and now my head is spinning. It sounds like there are different trains and tickets and that the station is a bus or long walk from port? Can you elaborate a bit? Now I'm sort of unsure now about my choice to take the train. :)

I thought the train options were pretty clear. You do need to take a bus shuttle to get to the train station from the port. I would definitely recommend the train, it was pretty easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter