How to I persuade others to join me?

crazy_cremello

Listen to your Mumsy
Feeling extremely disheartened and could do with some advice.
My boyfriend and I, along with 4 friends, said last summer that we would go to Florida in November of this year. Long story short, everything went down the pan - people bailed, others relationships got rocky etc etc.

Now, my parents have always been my trusty Disney buddies. We’ve been 5 times since 2002 (our most recent trip was 2016) and since then, all I’ve wanted to do is head back.

The problem is - I cannot find a single person that wants to go ☹️ My parents have other trips they want to spend money on rather than Florida again, my boyfriend says it’s too expensive (he’s very anti holiday in general actually unless it’s close by, it’s his choice or it’s cheaper than £100!) and my friends? Well none of them are into Disney and again, money crops up.

Is there anyway at all or does anyone have any ideas as to how I can sway someone’s opinion to come?! I’m getting desperate to the point that I would genuinely do a solo trip. But the problem with doing that is that it’ll probably cost me triple the money because I can’t split anything with others!! Help

I'd agree a future data with some Disney buddies, then, book a solo DLP trip to take the edge off!

I'd agree a future data with some Disney buddies, then, book a solo DLP trip to take the edge off!

The problem is that literally none of my friends like Disney. I can’t even sway them with the promise of doing the other theme parks either

I was going to say that!! He needs to learn the art of compromise!

Hahahaha I get told that a lot!! He isn’t about compromise. I think he has a secret fear of flying - took him to Boston last year and it was a nightmare!

If people don't want to go and you convince them to you'll find them complaining and "ruining" it for you.

Go solo and maybe even ask on here if any other solo travels want to meet up some days so you're not alone the entire time.

Only things that you'd be splitting the cost of is a hotel and rental car if you wanted one.

Easy solutions there.... stay at a value resort and either don't rent a car or because its just you you can rent a compact which will be cheap in comparison to a full size.

It annoys me when people say " I don't like Disney " They just don't get it, I bet if they were to go on holiday to WDW they would be blown away.

It's soo much more than cartoon characters.

I feel for you :lovestruc But like pp said if you did manage to get others to go they would complain and ruin it for you :mad:

t annoys me when people say " I don't like Disney " They just don't get it, I bet if they were to go on holiday to WDW they would be blown away.

That is so true, some people just think Disney is for Kids - I have a whole rant about all the adult stuff you can do and how it's tailored to everyone.

If you got a few friends who are still on the fence find out what they think is a perfect holiday - i.e. beach and drinks and show them how Disney can accomodate - Staying in the beach club and doing drinks around the world or if they like outdoor stuff Fishing and horse riding at Wilderness Lodge

But I also agree with @pinklotusflower and @saintrob I think you should go on. Either for a 5 days (seen on the Virgin Website a few 5 trip day deals) to a week. As this would save on cost as you would only need a 7 day ticket and you could keep your food cost down by just hitting up QS locals, then get the Disney transport so you don't have car rental costs.

Okay it's not the same but on my last trip my DH, in-laws and DS went off to do a beach day and 2 Kennedy days and left me alone to explore the parks and resorts and I have to say it was so much fun - I got to pick what rides I wanted to, go on eat where I liked when I liked (with small children your eating to their Scheduled), have a few drinks round the world as I wasn't supervising a little one.

On one of the day even went into abracadabar sat at the bar and in no time was having chit chat with strangers and the staff.

I could have written a similar post. My DH hates flying and doesn’t ‘get’ Disney.
I guess I’m lucky he went with us as often as he has, but he doesn’t enjoy it. He’s also immune to the ‘Florida-virus’ as we call it. Makes me sad.

The kids want to go, but they don’t want to go without their dad

Well I managed to get more of an idea of why my boyfriend doesn’t want to go, instead of the constant ‘don’t wanna’ I pushed for a real answer.

‘We want extremely different things. I want to save up for a house and move out. All you want to do is save up for fancy holidays every year’

So now not only do I feel awful for this very clear divide, I’m also concerned maybe I should be ‘adulting’?? I’m 24 and still at home (out of all my friends only 1 is saving for a house, all the others still at home and the same age). Am I doing the wrong thing here by saving money and wanting to travel/holiday/everything else before life gets too serious?!

Sorry guys wasn’t expecting coming here for some councilling today and yet here I am!

Well I managed to get more of an idea of why my boyfriend doesn’t want to go, instead of the constant ‘don’t wanna’ I pushed for a real answer.

‘We want extremely different things. I want to save up for a house and move out. All you want to do is save up for fancy holidays every year’

So now not only do I feel awful for this very clear divide, I’m also concerned maybe I should be ‘adulting’?? I’m 24 and still at home (out of all my friends only 1 is saving for a house, all the others still at home and the same age). Am I doing the wrong thing here by saving money and wanting to travel/holiday/everything else before life gets too serious?!

Sorry guys wasn’t expecting coming here for some councilling today and yet here I am!
Enjoy your twenties and having no responsibilities while you can. Travel as much and wherever you can afford. Don’t let anybody hold you back. And don’t settle down too early x

As much as I love Disney and enjoy going.

I would rather own my own property. If it was me I would have a couple of years off and save up.

Go solo - then you can do what you want, when you want to without boyfriend or friends complaining.

You know there are many many Theme Parks besides Disney .

Have a look at The Efteling in Holland .

A Short Air trip to Amsterdam & a train. OR a Short Sea trip & train .

Money in your pocket .... for saving for house ..... And a holiday.

The Light show is very good

You know there are many many Theme Parks besides Disney .

Have a look at The Efteling in Holland .

A Short Air trip to Amsterdam & a train. OR a Short Sea trip & train .

Money in your pocket .... for saving for house ..... And a holiday.

The Light show is very good

I absolutely love Efteling. I’ve been there 8 times - most recently in January this year and last year haha but it still doesn’t quite compare to WDW (however it is my favourite theme park this side of the Atlantic!)

As much as I love Disney and enjoy going.

I would rather own my own property. If it was me I would have a couple of years off and save up.

The problem is I wouldn’t want to put down a minimal deposit otherwise I’ll be paying the damn thing off for all my life - and there’s so many other things I want to do with my life before that (get a work visa in Canada, visit Aus and New Zealand possibly work there etc) so it just doesn’t make sense to get a house yet whether WDW is involved or not!

Sound like @crazy_cremello you need to really sit down and think about what you want out of life.

As having you own house is great but so is having wonderful life experiences, even if they take you away from your current comfort zone.

As one thing you don't want is a lovely house that is full of regrets.

So take some time (maybe on a solo Disney Trip) work out what you want and do it and if you upset people along the way it's unfortunate but if you don't you'll only be upsetting yourself in the long run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!