How to post pictures

Noreen411

DIS Veteran
Hi

I hope someone can tell me the easiest way to post pictures into a trip report that I want to write for our recent visit to Disney World.

I took the majority of the pictures on an IPhone.

I have loaded them to shutterfly and they are also on my computer.

I've been posting a lot recently on cruise critic and there is an app on the phone (Tapatalk) that lets you post the pictures really quickly into a report. So I'll often start writing on either the computer or Ipad, then switch to the phone version and insert the pictures. I'm not sure if there is something similar for the Disboards.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Noreen

From what I've read here on the DIS many use Flickr which is free. You can store up to 1 TB of data on Flickr.

You can also use the DIS itself to host photos but the individual photo size allowed might be too small; probably okay for the average phone picture. But the DIS option only allows 10 pics per post I think which may be a problem.

Here's a link to an article about free hosting sites but there are many other articles like it on the web. Just search using terms like "photo hosting sites". And a reminder that Photobucket's free storage now costs $399 a year so ignore any mention of that site in articles.

Others here on the DIS use web hosts such as SmugMug, Imgur and Zenfolio etc. which charge a monthly/yearly fee as described in many articles on the net such as this one.

Once you choose your web hosting site it's fairly simple to copy the code and use the rectangular photo icon shown above to insert the photo into a post on the DIS. And there is a drag 'n drop option for photos also but I haven't had success with that. I think most of my photos are too large to do that. I'm sure someone else can help with explaining that option.

And feel free to ask for more help if needed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!