How to tell if a cruise is full??

SraRaton

Earning My Ears
I am going on the May 31st Eastern Sailing of the Magic and there have been some comments that the ship may not be full.

Is there anyway to find out how full the ship is?

Thanks!

Linda:p

I just went to DCL and tried to make a reservation to see what categories were still available for our cruise. All cat are still available with the exception of 7 & 8.

I think this is a good indication that it's not near full. Wouldn't you think if this were the case, that supply = demand and they'd consider reducing the price of the cruise in order to fill the ship?

:jester:

Hi SraRaton.

How to tell if a cruise is full??

I can think of a few ways.

Try to make a reservation. If the ship burps, it's probably full...

If your cabin assignment starts with a fraction, the cruise is probably full...

If your stateroom is a negative number, the ship is probably full...

If you share a bathroom with the engine room crew, the cruise is probably full...

If the "P" on your dining rotation stands for Pluto's, the ship is probably full...

There are more but I gotta get ready now for work so I can afford to cruise again next year...

That was great-I'm glad I made my reservations already!!! So, hopefully we won't have a negative room number *LOL*

I'd just call Disney directly and ask...what is the worst they are going to tell me...that they can't give me that information...

Just because Disney says it's sold out, don't give up. Big travel agencies get blocks of rooms.

We tried booking the December 31st cruise directly with Disney. They told us the cruise was fully booked in all categories. I called Expedia and Travelocity. Both were able to find rooms in the category we wanted. We ended up going with Expedia because they were able to get us five rooms in a row (mid-ship even).

I just checked the DCL website to see if any categories were left on the our 5/17 sailing...I was just curious. Well I think it might be full since they are saying that that date is not available anymore!!!

DCL does not lower their price closer to sailing in order to fill them up....they are not like other cruise lines. Yes, it would make sense, but DCL does not do this and I guess it is because they sail pretty full each week.

MJ

THis may be a time when those elusive cabin upgrades kick in. If you are in a "full category" ie. 7 & 8, you may get bumped up to free that catagory up to the marketplace. Just a thought.

You know if you get a room with a negative number you just might be sleeping with the crew on one of the 3 or 4 decks BELOW deck 1.

Originally posted by jrabbit
You know if you get a room with a negative number you just might be sleeping with the crew on one of the 3 or 4 decks BELOW deck 1.

Wasn't there a thread about this very thing a few months back (sleeping with the crew)?

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter