How will you be watching Disney+?

dalmatian7

DIS Veteran
Hey all! How will you be streaming Disney+? I am looking for budget friendly ideas because neither our Samsung Tv or our TIVO will be getting the app at roll out (fingers crossed on one of them getting their act together but not a lot of faith in that). Right now I just plan on mirroring my iphone onto our tv. I have also looked at chromecast and roku, but really don't have any other use for them other then that. Currently, our televisions are on a MOCA network for internet/cable. We only have Amazon Prime and cable, no Netflix, Hulu, etc. I also feel that our wifi router may need to be changed out for something that will give us a better signal in some rooms, most of our streaming is through the amazon app so I am not sure what signal strength is like in some areas of the house.

So what is your plan to watch? Personally, I feel like the first few days will just be spent looking through the options. I am so excited.

I have an Apple TV and Roku stick right now. Planning to try and get a 4K Apple TV on Black Friday if the prices are right. If you are willing to wait till back Friday you’ll likely be able to get a really good deal on a Roku device.

You just missed att 4K Apple TV box for $60 just a few days ago, I didn’t jump on it when I saw it and missed out also. But rumor is that apple has a new one coming out so they will be getting rid of the old ones.

You just missed att 4K Apple TV box for $60 just a few days ago, I didn’t jump on it when I saw it and missed out also. But rumor is that apple has a new one coming out so they will be getting rid of the old ones.
AT&T was selling the 32gb one for $90 but I was on vacation in WDW so completely missed it. My guess is there will be deals again at the major retailers for black Friday.

I have an Apple TV and Roku stick right now. Planning to try and get a 4K Apple TV on Black Friday if the prices are right. If you are willing to wait till back Friday you’ll likely be able to get a really good deal on a Roku device.
I think that is my plan right now, I am just going to watch for a deal on a roku device. I will have deal with steaming on wifi for a while. Do you use wifi for your roku or do you have one that can use a hard internet connection?

For the apple tv box, are they required to use apple's new streaming service?

All we own are Firesticks so last weekend we went and got a Roku so we can watch. Can't miss it!!

I think that is my plan right now, I am just going to watch for a deal on a roku device. I will have deal with steaming on wifi for a while. Do you use wifi for your roku or do you have one that can use a hard internet connection?

For the apple tv box, are they required to use apple's new streaming service?
No, but if you do buy a new Apple device it will include the one year free. And I use WiFi, my plan is 75 mbps which is strong enough for at least 2 devices to be simultaneously streaming and be using other devices to surf the net etc.

All we own are Firesticks so last weekend we went and got a Roku so we can watch. Can't miss it!!
I was glad I looked and realized that the Fire sticks won't have it before I got one. I am bummed because we have kindles for tablets. Which Roku did you get?

We will watch with our samsung tablet for the first free week. We stream Hulu Live thru our Nintendo switch and Netflix thru our Vizio TV. If we like it enough we might look for a BF deal on a roku.

I was glad I looked and realized that the Fire sticks won't have it before I got one. I am bummed because we have kindles for tablets. Which Roku did you get?
Same here! I didn't realize it until last week that we couldn't use them. But we just got the Roku Express HD Streaming.

We have Chromecasts on all our TVs, plus XBox, plus our TV uses a built in Roku for it's apps, so I guess we have lots of choices. Probably try the built-in Roku first, seems easiest.

Probably a dumb question, very untech minded. Do I need to buy something to watch D+, currently we just have Netflix and we just watch it on our smart tv. No devices. Will D+ not work that way? In Australia, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!