How's June?

confectioneer

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking about a TDR trip with my family for June.

We're limited to the school calendar, so spring break seems like a bad choice (it coincides with Tokyo school holidays, awful for crowds). Over Thanksgiving and Christmas we've got oblications to deal with, so that doesn't work. But my daughter's school district recently moved up the end of term date, so we'd be able to travel starting the 2nd week of June.

The weekday crowd calendar seems fine around then. But I don't know how bad the heat, humidity, and rain may be.

Any advice?

Thank you!

We were there last June from 9-15 and it rained once I think. We may have just gotten lucky but we were prepared with all of our rain stuff just in case. I personally thought it was pretty hot during that time but it didn’t seem too humid (probably because there wasn’t much rain).

June is hit or miss. Earlier in the month the better. I was there in June 2019 for 4 days and it rained one day (all day) and the other days were dry, low humidity with temps in high 60s/low 70s.

Rain is a risk which can lead to show cancellations and uncomfortably wet feet. The first clear day after rain can also see higher than predicted crowds. But unless Happy Fair with Baybax becomes a super big hit for some reason, crowds will likely remain reasonable. If Tip Top Easter looks like something you'd want to see, I advise going at the beginning of the month.

We went at the end of June last summer. We had three days at TDR and out of the three, one day it rained A LOT until dinnertime. We still managed to do DisneySea, but it really rained hard for several hours. We were in Japan for about 10 days total and this was the only day it really rained. It was overcast most days and sprinkled while we were in Hiroshima, but that was it. It was also very hot, but Hong Kong was worse for heat and humidity. I think it being overcast helped.

We went at the end of June last summer. We had three days at TDR and out of the three, one day it rained A LOT until dinnertime. We still managed to do DisneySea, but it really rained hard for several hours. We were in Japan for about 10 days total and this was the only day it really rained. It was overcast most days and sprinkled while we were in Hiroshima, but that was it. It was also very hot, but Hong Kong was worse for heat and humidity. I think it being overcast helped.
We noticed it was much hotter in Kyoto than Tokyo which makes sense considering where it’s located

Thanks for all the advice, everyone, very happy to hear that June is feasible!
Feasible, but prepare for rain, especially starting the second week of June. And it will be warm. Maybe not crazy hot like July and August, but still warm. So prepare for 80 degree days with rain. Hope that doesn’t happen, but be prepared. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter