HRH deposit

DStar4cup

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. We are planning on going to US at the end of July. I have read that HRH holds a deposit for every night that you stay. My question is do they hold the deposit at the time of the reservation or upon check-in? Also do you have to pay for the room at the time of reservation or do they do like most hotels and hold a small deposit. Thanks for any help!!!

They usually hold one nights deposit at time of reservation...I say usually, because some have been lucky enough not to have their credit cards charged before hand.

They usually hold one nights deposit at time of reservation...I say
usually, because some have been lucky enough not to have their
credit cards charged before hand.
HRH stopped holding one nights deposit immediately after 9/11 because of the hardships created by disrupted travel plans. As of early March this year, they had not yet resumed the practice. But at some point in time, they will probably start doing it again. Back when they were doing it, they asked for your credit card # at the time of reservation.

I reserved a room at HRH for June. They charged my credit card for 1 nights stay just like they do at WDW. I reserved it using the Entertainment Rate, garden view for $129.

I reserved a room for 3 nights in May last month and they charged my card within a couple of days for one night.
I am glad, however, this way I can pay for it before we go and the total vacation bill won't seem so high! I am doing that with our passes also, just ordered a couple of the new annual passes for 99.95. What a deal! I will squeeze that out of my grocery money, then my hubby won't complain when I shop at the parks and the HRH!! I can't wait to go.

Thanks for the info. I need to get my reservations made and I wasn't prepared to have the whole amount taken from my credit card.

Made our ressies at RPR 3 weeks ago and 1st nights charge wasn't on our cc statement that came today...I'm gonna call and make sure it's still there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter