HRH or PBR

Disney Ron

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
We need help. For our Sept. trip we were originally booked at PBR. We switched and are now booked at HRH. One of the main reasons we switched was because PBR doesn't have a laundry and we would have had to do laundry at HRH. My wife and I still favor PBR and are now thinking about switching back to there.

We are a family of 4 with kids ages 10 & 8.

If we were to switch back to PBR how far is the walk to HRH to do laundry? And which resort of the 2 do the experts favor?

TIA!

You don't have to walk.

The On Demand Cars that sit outside the hotels will take you to HRH for laundry. Those cars are free to use between the deluxe resorts.

We use them when having dinner at one of the other hotels. They will take your room number and name when the valet guy gets you the car.

Only costs you a tip.

Out of those two hotels, Portofino is much nicer.

You don't have to walk.

The On Demand Cars that sit outside the hotels will take you to HRH for laundry. Those cars are free to use between the deluxe resorts.

We use them when having dinner at one of the other hotels. They will take your room number and name when the valet guy gets you the car.

Only costs you a tip.

Out of those two hotels, Portofino is much nicer.

schumi, first off thanks for that info. I've learned so much the last 2 years about UO that I feel like a semi "expert" and then you throw this "On Demand Car" at me and I realize I don't know everything yet.:)

A couple of questions for you concerning the "On Demand Cars". Do they drive you to the resort you want to go to, or do you drive it yourself?

Also if you drive yourself, how do they handle the insurance issue?

I have a question about PBR. In the heat my son and I like to wear sleeveless shirts to the parks. Will we feel out of place at PBR dressed like that? We won't be eating at BICE or Mama's, but I mean around the resort in the lobby or at Sal's, Trattoria, or Starbucks?

TIA!

Last edited:
You're very welcome.......the cars all have drivers...........all very nice guys so far. Cars have always been immaculate.

We use them for going out of the resort for dinner too, usually costs around $20 plus tip. Furthest we have gone is down to the Convention Centre area.......very convenient and they give you their card and call and they will come back for you. Saves waiting for cabs which we hate doing.

You'll be fine wandering around the resorts wearing more or less anything, it's just the upscale restaurants that have the dress code of no sleeveless shirts.

You'll also be fine wearing them in Sal's.......:)

Thanks again schumi.

Two more questions if you don't mind?

1) Which resort is better for a 10 & 8 year old?

2) How is the food at Splendido's?

TIA!

My family (of 5) is booked at PBR. I consider switching to HRH because of the closer walk. But then I compare the room size and can't give up PBR. The rooms at PBR sound huge. That may not be a big deal to your family, but we find we have alot more down time at Uni and spend more time in our room. Size matters to us.

Thanks again schumi.

Two more questions if you don't mind?

1) Which resort is better for a 10 & 8 year old?

2) How is the food at Splendido's?

TIA!

No problem........course I don't mind, we aim to help........:D

Its been a few years since we ate by the pool at PB......I do remember a rather lovely Mai Tai........lol......we had nachos and a pizza between 3 of us and there was a lot of food even for us.......it was nice. We keep meaning to go back again, but never get around to it somehow..........I would recommend it though.

Both are perfect for kids of any age to be honest. You can't really swim at the HR pool and the PB pools are lovely.

Out of the 2 I prefer PB, but can't go wrong with either. Yes, HRH is closer to the parks, but PB isn't really far to walk. And it's a nice walk.

Of course the boats are appreciated after a long day........::yes::

schumigirl and HHMcG, my wife says the check is in the mail. You both convinced me to switch back to PBR and the wife is very happy with that decision.

schumigirl and HHMcG, my wife says the check is in the mail. You both convinced me to switch back to PBR and the wife is very happy with that decision.

Lol.......glad Mrs Ron is happy.........

Happy wife........happy life and all that......my husband swears by that mantra.........:D

What kind of modern 4-5 star resort doesn't have a laundry room? WOW!! Guess I'll never being staying at PBR.

i know rpr and hrh provide paid laundry service and would guess pbh would also.

Does anyone know how much is the paid laundry service and what's the turn-around time??

Does anyone know how much is the paid laundry service and what's the turn-around time??

Items are individually priced.

There is a list of costs hanging in closet with hangers. Everything from blouses to socks have a separate cost.

24 hour service is available.

We used it once at RPR few years back, and we were pleased with the service.

I had vaguely read about the transportation between the resorts, but I thought it was a van or something. I didn't know they had these on-demand cars. Thanks, @schumigirl. That could be really useful. Less than a week before we leave. I need to do some packing a laundry and get off the boards:)

the hotels have had the black sedans in the front of the hotel for a long time.
i used one last year to go to a walgreens.

price was $25 for rt and tip.

driver waited for me for at least 20 minutes and said it was no problem
charge was $15, i did $10 for the tip

if you are staying at rpr and have dinner plans at Bice or Palms, use the black sedans

i've been extremely satisfied using them for spur of the moment transportation from the hotel to offsite stores.

So if you just go from one resort to the other, how much is the cost and tip? Could you use them to go from one resort to the other to use the pool?

So if you just go from one resort to the other, how much is the cost and tip? Could you use them to go from one resort to the other to use the pool?

You can use the boats to get you to any of the other resorts, except CBay of course..........just get off at Citywalk and get in the other boat.

If you were using the ODC it's the cost of a tip.

We have only used them between deluxe hotels.

I forgot you couldn't take it to Cabana bay as that isn't deluxe. Just thinking about pool hopping and walking and waiting for boats is not something I really want to do after the long day. How much do people tip when the car takes you from one resort to the other?

I forgot you couldn't take it to Cabana bay as that isn't deluxe. Just thinking about pool hopping and walking and waiting for boats is not something I really want to do after the long day. How much do people tip when the car takes you from one resort to the other?

We normally have the same driver and have known him for years, so we tip him $10 usually for going between hotels......but many people I know tip $5. I wouldn't imagine anyone gives less than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!