HRH to Portofino: Would you do this???

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
It's a long story but my NWA flight got changed and we now are flying out of Orlando Sun. a.m and not Sat afternoon. That part we're excited about.

Well....unfortunetly we cannot stay at HRH this new night even tho we're booked there already for 3 nights.

The lady was real nice and finally found a room at Portofino for $150 (Entertainment rate) for us. (we're paying $125 at HRH)

My question is.......Do you think Portofino is worth it for just this one night or should we just try to find a cheap hotel near the airport???:)

More time at the parks, hurrah! I love the Portofino but wouldn't spend the $ just for that last night. You'll still be able to enjoy the use of your hotel key on Sat. You could rent a cabana for the day Saturday and use it as a place to hang out or change in, then head to your off-site hotel room when you are ready to call it a day. Others have done this when their flights leave late during the day they check out.

Keep trying for that last night though, something my open up!
Good luck.

Personally I would just change my whole trip to PBH!! LOL But for the last night, no I would just get a cheap hotel.

Thank you for posting about the enterainment rate. Saw this and changed ours from an ap rate to the enterainment rate saved 25 on each room thanks. I can be no help for you however have never stayed at eitherthis is our firston site stay and we will be at the Portafino. Thanks again
Lisa

If you were going to pay the $125 at HRH for the extra night, I would definitely pay the extra $25 to stay at PBH. However, I would check-out of HRH early and head on over to PBH Sat. morning to take full advantage of the hotel. We have never stayed at HRH (are planning to in Oct., only because they have club level), but we have stayed at PBH and it is beautiful. IMHO, it blows everything WDW has out of the water, with the possible exception of GF. I would give them a tie! :) By the way, I agree with CPM, if it wasn't for really wanting club level, I would stay at PBH for my entire trip. Love it!!! Can you tell? :D Also, I think I would rather end my trip with a very memorable resort, rather than end a great stay at HRH with a last memory of a cheap hotel.

Definately worth it...I too would stay at the Portofino for the whole trip...and have, many, many times..lol.

This doesn't relate to the "original" post, but I am so glad to hear how much you guys like PB. My DD fell in love with the pictures she saw of PB, so that's where we have our ressies, but it seems most everyone on the board is staying at HRH ... so I was wondering if we had made the wrong choice. Thanks for the positive comments!

Originally posted by SouthernMom
This doesn't relate to the "original" post, but I am so glad to hear how much you guys like PB. My DD fell in love with the pictures she saw of PB, so that's where we have our ressies, but it seems most everyone on the board is staying at HRH ... so I was wondering if we had made the wrong choice. Thanks for the positive comments!

You made the Right choice!!! :)

As much as I would love to try Portofino.......one night probably wouldn't do it justice so we've chosen to just stay at a hotel close to the airport. Actually the one AT the airport!!:)

Thanks for the helpful hints!! This board has been SO helpful!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter