Hulu - multiple TV's

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I am seriously considering cutting DISH and getting a Roku & Hulu. I know each TV will need it's own Roku. BUT can you use one Hulu account on multiple TV's at the same time?

Can I be using it on the TV in the front room, while my daughter uses it in her own room?

Also unrelated does Roku have a YouTube App?

They have different packages, my daughter has one for multi tv, she gotme and a few firends and I pay fr netfix for me, her and her friends, I wanna say her hulu bill is like 12 dollars, but if you want it for your main tv, you will have to get a more expensive package (to get live tv)

if you want it for your main tv, you will have to get a more expensive package (to get live tv)
I'm looking at the $6 one and then maybe an antenna for local channels for live tv. I am sure it'll be an adjustment but sacrifices must be made. 🙂

I'm looking at the $6 one and then maybe an antenna for local channels for live tv. I am sure it'll be an adjustment but sacrifices must be made. 🙂
Try both out before fully cutting the cord. Hulu had a deal last year where it was $1/month, so I figured I'd try it. I think I watched maybe 20 episodes between a couple shows. They all had built in commercials. It wasn't worth it to me even at $1 (I got more from Netflix and Amazon Prime).

Regarding the antenna, go to tvfool.com and put in your address to make sure you get an appropriate antenna. Picking up broadcasts can be art as much as science. I would not suggest cancelling Dish until you know you have a working solution.

Yes - but you have to pay extra for it, and there are some exclusions, we've found. We recently got rid of cable and got Hulu+ because we have two houses (a regular house and a vacation home), and we didn't want to pay for cable at both houses. The Hulu information says that if you pay extra you can use it on multiple screens and take it with you, but it doesn't work on our TVs in our vacation home - we get an error message about you having to be in your home zip code. It does work in the other house if we watch it on our iPads or computers, though .

Yes - but you have to pay extra for it, and there are some exclusions, we've found. We recently got rid of cable and got Hulu+ because we have two houses (a regular house and a vacation home), and we didn't want to pay for cable at both houses. The Hulu information says that if you pay extra you can use it on multiple screens and take it with you, but it doesn't work on our TVs in our vacation home - we get an error message about you having to be in your home zip code. It does work in the other house if we watch it on our iPads or computers, though .

That must be something relatively new. Until June 2018, I owned two homes, living in each about 1/2 time. Different zipcodes. I most definitely used my Hulu plan in BOTH houses. At the moment, my DD is still able to access my Hulu account in her college town (different zipcode, obviously). Maybe it has to do with when you signed up for the plan, and what rules applied then? I dunno. All I know is I pay $6 a month and the service is available on multiple TVs, and different zipcodes.

That must be something relatively new. Until June 2018, I owned two homes, living in each about 1/2 time. Different zipcodes. I most definitely used my Hulu plan in BOTH houses. At the moment, my DD is still able to access my Hulu account in her college town (different zipcode, obviously). Maybe it has to do with when you signed up for the plan, and what rules applied then? I dunno. All I know is I pay $6 a month and the service is available on multiple TVs, and different zipcodes.
Will have to have DD check this out. She is moving out of state and plans on Hulu being her main source for TV.

It may be. I signed up last month (October); we bought the house at the beginning of the month so we got rid of cable and got Hulu at that time. We were at the vacation place this past weekend and we tried it again; it said that you aren't allowed to use it in two different zip codes.

It may be. I signed up last month (October); we bought the house at the beginning of the month so we got rid of cable and got Hulu at that time. We were at the vacation place this past weekend and we tried it again; it said that you aren't allowed to use it in two different zip codes.
I think this is part of their attempt to cut down on sharing passwords/accounts.

If you’re not getting it without ads, then there are plenty of ad supported channels on ROKU that are ad supported and free. I use CW, CW seed, ScFy (pretty much all NBC content), animal planet, and Pluto TV. I don’t get paying for HULU unless you’re getting it without ads.

If you’re not getting it without ads, then there are plenty of ad supported channels on ROKU that are ad supported and free. I use CW, CW seed, ScFy (pretty much all NBC content), animal planet, and Pluto TV. I don’t get paying for HULU unless you’re getting it without ads.

I watch mainly NBC & ABC. I think there is one show on FOX, one on CW and one on TV Land. That and CMT Music are about all I watch. If I can do that without HULU I'm all for it. I am still trying to figure out which ROKU to buy. I'd like one that is ethernet connected if possible but all the basic ones seem to be wifi only.

I watch mainly NBC & ABC. I think there is one show on FOX, one on CW and one on TV Land. That and CMT Music are about all I watch. If I can do that without HULU I'm all for it. I am still trying to figure out which ROKU to buy. I'd like one that is ethernet connected if possible but all the basic ones seem to be wifi only.

Well, you can definitely watch NBC without HULU via the ROKU app.

If you like CMT, then download the YouTube app. They have plenty of country on there. And I think CMT has a channel you can subscribe too.

Now, I’m not sure about ABC. But have you used a HD antenna? They’re about $50 and totally worth it.

Now, I’m not sure about ABC. But have you used a HD antenna? They’re about $50 and totally worth it.
I haven't tried an antenna yet but plan to buy one for live TV. My area used to be pretty crappy with over the air transmission. I am hoping that that it has improved in the last 20 years & not gotten worse.

I haven't tried an antenna yet but plan to buy one for live TV. My area used to be pretty crappy with over the air transmission. I am hoping that that it has improved in the last 20 years & not gotten worse.

They’ve improved a bunch. It’s how I watch the Super Bowl every year.

I’d start by downloading some of the free apps on ROKU and exploring. Pluto TV is a great one to experiment with. I use it to watch Sky News.

But have you used a HD antenna? They’re about $50 and totally worth it.
1) There is no such thing as an "HD" antenna. An antenna is an antenna is an antenna. As long as it picks up the frequencies you want/need (a TV antenna is different than a CB antenna), it doesn't matter if it was made in 1959 or 2019.
2) Antenna costs range from $15 to the hundreds of dollars.
They’ve improved a bunch.
Go to tvfool.com or antennaweb.tv. Put in your address and it will help you decide what kind of antenna you need. My guess is if you used to have bad reception 20 years ago, you'll probably have bad reception now. BUT, if the bad reception was because you weren't using an appropriate antenna, then you might be in luck.

Okay...so I bought a Roku Premiere for my main TV and an antenna.

The antenna is pretty useless. My area doesn't have any digital reception (according to an internet search) so I didn't figure it was worth buying an expensive one. I got a ClearTV (as seen on TV) antenna. I got 2 analog channels but both unwatchable with "snow." I might try a better/amplified one and see how it works but I am not holding out much hope.

I have played with the Roku a little bit. I haven't made the jump to getting Hulu yet. So far it does seem that I can get away with just using the network apps as @RamblingMad mentioned. The Roku came with 3 free months of Hulu, so I am sure I will try it out but doesn't seem necessary.

I use an amplified antenna to reach the broadcast antennas near me. You shouldn't get any analog. You should only get digital TV. Most broadcasters have converted to digital these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!