Hulu - multiple TV's

I use an amplified antenna to reach the broadcast antennas near me. You shouldn't get any analog. You should only get digital TV. Most broadcasters have converted to digital these days.
I remember, when the digital switch occurred, reading that our area was exempt for some reason. I will try a better antenna and see but not sure how fruitful it’ll be.

I use an amplified antenna to reach the broadcast antennas near me. You shouldn't get any analog. You should only get digital TV. Most broadcasters have converted to digital these days.
I think there are some low power analog stations still out there.
I remember, when the digital switch occurred, reading that our area was exempt for some reason. I will try a better antenna and see but not sure how fruitful it’ll be.
Did you go to tvfool.com and put in your address? If you post a screen shot of the results, I might be able to help you pick out an anteena.

I think there are some low power analog stations still out there.

I’m sure, but you’re probably not going to want to watch those anyway.

I watched the Macy’s day parade over my antenna yesterday. Now it’s out on YouTube. That’s another channel she should definitely add to her Roku.

From what I can tell all the main channels for my area (local NBC, ABC, FOX, CBS affiliates) are all analog.

This is what I get from searching my Zip Code

View attachment 455532

These are the Digital Channels
View attachment 455533

These are the analog only channels

View attachment 455534

39 - 47 are the local affiliate CBS, ABC, etc

Only being 6 miles away, you should be picking up with no problem unless you're down in a valley. I would look for a directional antenna and aim it East. You shouldn't need a super powerful one.

Last edited:

Are the transmitter on top of a hill though? I still suggest a directional antenna and aim it east.
Yes. Heck some may not even be standing any longer with all the fires we've had over the last few years.

The antenna I tried yesterday said it was good for up to 35 miles and it got two analog channels one I could make out as being FOX the other I have no clue but both were unwatchable with the amount of "snow" they had.

I just tried again and did get one more analog and a few digital (mostly PBS).

Yes. Heck some may not even be standing any longer with all the fires we've had over the last few years.

The antenna I tried yesterday said it was good for up to 35 miles and it got two analog channels one I could make out as being FOX the other I have no clue but both were unwatchable with the amount of "snow" they had.

I just tried again and did get one more analog and a few digital (mostly PBS).
The "up to" is key. It's all marketing.

Oh, is there an amplifier on the antenna (it might be built in)? How you can tell is if you need to plug the antenna into a wall outlet (power). If you do, unplug from the power and try scanning for channels again.

Oh, is there an amplifier on the antenna (it might be built in)?
No. I actually was thinking of trying WITH an amplifier to see if it has any better luck.

TV reception has always been pretty iffy here and I doubt it has improved in the past 20 years since I used an antenna. It's all part of living in a small town. I remember growing up them doing a "pledge drive" for help maintaining the towers.

No. I actually was thinking of trying WITH an amplifier to see if it has any better luck.

TV reception has always been pretty iffy here and I doubt it has improved in the past 20 years since I used an antenna. It's all part of living in a small town. I remember growing up them doing a "pledge drive" for help maintaining the towers.
I really suggest getting a directional antenna or moving the antenna you have. There are a lot of factors that affect TV reception... the construction of your home, where your antenna is placed, and what kind of antenna you have (make sure you have a UHF antenna or a VHF/UHF combo).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!