Hunky Tuna Tostada - Fall 2017 DR - completed 7/12 - Animal Kingdom Snacks

K0hrB99.png
This looks delicious! And looks like a massive portion. And I'll have to make a mental note to read your other trip report. I want to go to Hawaii one day, I'll live vicariously through you until then.

The event was moved indoors to the Dolphin ballrooms due to inclement weather. It seems obvious that we should have known from the number of empty tents on the causeway between the Swan and Dolphin that the event had been moved, but there was absolutely NO signage reflecting this anywhere. We had indicated we'd pick up our tickets via will-call when we purchased them, and we interacted with no fewer than 5 staff members in checking in. None of them mentioned that the event would be held indoors or where. Thankfully we were early so after walking around for a while trying to figure out where we were supposed to be, we noticed a group who'd just checked in going down an escalator to the convention space and followed them to the event.
With the crazy rain in Florida I'm surprised they'd even try to have events like this outside to begin with.

This looks good, although the middle piece looks a little less desirable. Or that could be because I'm not a big sushi person and only just starting venturing out from shrimp.
t8IQANg.png

Shula's beef offering. This was pretty good and the potatoes (that you can't really see here) were heavenly. I actually went back later and asked for just potatoes, which confused them, but they gave me a small serving.
Shula's has really great steak so I would hope this would be good. I feel like steak houses are the best place to get potatoes.

CTA2yDJ.png

The lobster roll was a stand-out, with tons of lobster and this would have been a high dollar item elsewhere.
This looks delicious. I love lobster and lobster rolls are so good.

Sorry the event wasn't as great as you were hoping. Hopefully if you do try it again it'll be outside.

Finally caught up! Don't know how I missed your DR this time around, but glad I found it! Are we going to see wedding pics soon?

I love this picture of you! I agree the Bubble Lounge looks awesome compared to the rest.
Looking back on it now, maybe it was the conference center ambiance that really put me off?

That doesn't sound worth it. There's no way we could make it there on the weekend of the F&W Classic, but it is something I've been curious about when I've read a few reviews. I definitely feel like it's a good choice to just do F&W.
It's so weird, some people are die hard fans of this event and go for it every year and then there's me over here like :confused3

This looks amazing! Glad you guys liked it.

Sorry that the event didn't hold up to what you wanted it to be. Why do people need to be so rude and gross sometimes....
Ironic that the people at the polite pig were more polite! haha. I haven't seen many reviews of Polite Pig so I had to try it so I could report back to my Dis friends!!!

Too funny as I sit here drinking from a stemless glass. I tend to have the same issue. Also our dogs have not once, but twice, swiped a glass with their tail and took the stem clean off.
I call R "crash" in my head sometimes as he has a particular knack for breaking stuff in our house, but I am almost as bad. R has broken multiple melamine mixing bowls, my glass tea kettle, the crock part of the crock pot, glasses, measuring glasses, you name it. Nothing is safe but lower to the ground is better!

Do you all not have Korean Fried Chicken down there? I love good ole American fried chicken, but somehow the Koreans are truly the masters. We live in a town that has a huge Korean population so we have not 1, not 2, but 3 within about 5 minutes from our house. Not dangerous at all!
I feel like we must but I have to admit that I am a creature of habit. On the rare occasions when we go out to eat, we tend to go to like the same 5 places and Korean chicken hasn't made it on to our list somehow! Gotta remedy that.

1. Love Mom. While you all look alike, she definitely does not skew old enough to be Mom and
I told her this and she told me to tell you that she loves you. :rotfl2:

2. I didn't know you were an August baby. I'm one too - the 20th - when is your's? #LeosUnite (presuming of course you were born in the right part of the month :P)
YES! #LeosUnite My birthday is the 13th so I am squarely in bossy, fiery Leo territory. I am trying to decide how irresponsible it would be to book a trip for the weekend of August 17th to celebrate my birthday... and say hi to my friends Ariane and Kari!

Wow, those sandwiches look and sound amazing. Will definitely need to be polite and give the pig a chance
:thumbsup2 and don't forget about all the local Cask & Larder beers on tap!

That is ridiculous. Was the weather not bad that you wouldn't' have known it was moved organically?
It was overcast but not raining. I mean in retrospect I sort of feel like "DUH" we should have known, but there were half set up tents and tables outside so it was just confusing. All they had to do was tell us!

We almost did this last year - and it would have been the sole purpose of the trip - so glad we didn't now.
I still think it's worth giving a chance. You might be less of a grump than I am!!!
this is my favorite happy dance. and yes I really do it! :banana:
Love it! :banana::banana::banana:

yeah I am being stupid even considering it, lol. I would only consider it if I could somehow work out a good use of the DDP and blow the rest of the credits on high priced character meals I would not do otherwise.
That's not stupid. It's Disney math, and totally acceptable! :teacher:

invite me and I'll wear mine, haha. I love the tiki birds. BF suggested that maybe the tiki bird dress might be appropriate for the "welcome pizza party" at the hipster pizza place rather than the wedding. He might be right. Watch out for tiki bird dress photos in my review when I get to "optional dress up night" with Captain Mickey.
I can't wait to see it! Tiki birds are totally perfect for hipster pizza. Or my super casual wedding... haha

I'm not going to quote your review of the swolphin thing but come visit me here and I'll take you for a good lobster roll! The Church does it best in summer if you want traditional but if you want "hot buttered lobster roll" I like the square rigger. YUMMMMMMM Now one of them is 2 meals for me, lol.
YUMMMMM!

:wave: Hi there! I'll admit I was intrigued with your dining report name because I had no idea what it meant. Before I knew it, I was sucked into your review.
I love your ears (so unique!), and also the way you described the pizza at Via Napoli inspired me to make an ADR for our September trip. :thumbsup2
Thank you :flower3: and I am glad you said hi! I hope that you guys love Via Napoli too. The service can be a miss but the pizza is always AMAZING!

Hunky Tuna Toastada was a line from the Tiki Room under new management... it was Iago's failed attempt at repeating "Hakuna Matata" when Zazu says it.

Obviously I am way too much of a tiki room fan :D That's why I NEEDED the dress!!!!
I love the tiki room and I loathed when they changed it. Hearing that answer on the magical express just sent us in to a "we are so happy to be at disney" giggle fit that I could not resist using it for the title!

Ray makes fun of me because I actually don't like the Tiki Room and we haven't done it the last few trips. :rolleyes1
However I *love* my Tiki Room dress!

WHAAAAT! I love the tiki room. I don't do it every trip but I love getting off my feet and relaxing to the smooth sounds of plastic beaks clacking :rotfl:

What a bummer about the Swolphin event. Come on guys, it's Orlando. It rains there. How could you not have a good back up plan? And it's been around for several years no, right? I'm always disappointed when tables aren't getting cleared of trash too... The bubbles lounge photos came out cute though! That makes it worth it, right? :laughing: I think you've got the right idea with taking the ticket cost and doing your own crawl or spending it at F&W.
:confused3

I read so many great reviews prior to booking, and they were all outside, so I think it was just a freak rain plan debacle. Still glad we tried it as I have serious Disney FOMO!

UM. These were tasty - they would make a great app somewhere, I think. Or a quick service meal :)
YES! These should be in a lounge somewhere. Or maybe permanently at the fish & chips stand by Rose and Crown. I feel like that would fit!

I still want to try these. I've never been a pineapple fan, but I have been enjoying pineapple salsa, and similar salsas too, like the mango one at the India booth.
I don't like pineapple on savory stuff like pizza but I love it independently. I am a weirdo and don't like mango salsa either. :duck:

That looks freaking amazing. We have not really hit anything at the monorail resorts except Cali Grill for dinner on night. I need more! It's so hard to choose!
The monorail lounge crawl is definitely the way to go in that case! Try something from everywhere!!:thumbsup2

then I remembered my cousin is getting married that weekend.
RUDE lol

I want this cup...
I have this one! And a zombie. And the glass one from the Boutiki :D

Our last trip we split the nachos and taco platter, but I wish we'd gotten corn dog nuggets! I didn't even notice them on the menu. It must have been because I was too busy trying to talk Zack into ordering the Country Bears Jug, because I won't drink anything you can get in it...
They are hiding on the kids menu... I will do a lot for a good corn dog nugget, even scour kids menus!!!

Ya know.....we have been to the Swan and Dolphin food and wine classic three times and absolutely loved it. BUT it has always been outdoors. I cannot even imagine what it would be like if they had to move everything indoors! When it is outside, there is a ton of space to absorb all of the booths, the bands, the crowds of people. I am not a fan of crowds and the fact that it is so spread out is what makes it bearable for me. I would be so upset if it had to be crammed indoors! Loved your review of the California Grill brunch. I have it booked for April and have been hemming and hawing about spending that much money for one meal! Neither my husband or I are big eaters but we do like to have a little bit of everything and we definitely like champagne!
I had heard so many great reviews, I hate to be the lone grump who's down on it! Maybe we will try again sometime, perhaps just with the tickets.

CG brunch is so worth it in my opinion. Yes, it's expensive, but it's truly an indulgence. They pamper you!

Loved your dining reviews! That California Brunch always looks amazing and yet it doesn't seem to ever fit in our plans. Someday!

Your engagement photo is beautiful, congratulations!

What a disappointment in the Food & Wine Classic. I've never heard of this, but I don't think I'll be trying to hard to get there since it doesn't seem like a well-organized event.
The brunch being only one day a week does make it hard to schedule. I don't know how many times we've done it :oops: needless to say after the first time we are comfortable planning around it!

Thank you on the engagement photo :flower3:

I think based on other reviews the Swan/Dolphin classic is usually better organized, we just lucked into a bad one. Oh well. I heard bad things about Party For the senses last year too so I guess we'll stick with food booths for a while. We were previous fans of the Premium Package (RIP) they had for Food & Wine so I think I was just looking for a nice splurge replacement. Maybe I built it up too much in my mind.

With the crazy rain in Florida I'm surprised they'd even try to have events like this outside to begin with.
You know you're right but we almost always go to WDW in October and I don't remember ever having weather issues other than it being hot.

This looks good, although the middle piece looks a little less desirable. Or that could be because I'm not a big sushi person and only just starting venturing out from shrimp.
I think what you are talking about might be the ginger? I'm a sushi chicken also, I only eat rolls, no sashimi/nigiri.

Shula's has really great steak so I would hope this would be good. I feel like steak houses are the best place to get potatoes.
Oh man the potatoes were SO GOOD!

This looks delicious. I love lobster and lobster rolls are so good.

Sorry the event wasn't as great as you were hoping. Hopefully if you do try it again it'll be outside.
agreed!!!

Finally caught up! Don't know how I missed your DR this time around, but glad I found it! Are we going to see wedding pics soon?
58 days til wedding day!!!

:welcome:

So glad you found me!!

October 29: Offsite Lunch, hanging around WDW

And now, the offsite review no one asked for! But hopefully someone enjoys reading about... :rotfl:

After all the wine on the prior evening, I was in rough shape on Sunday morning. I forced myself to eat some apple cake I'd brought from home and was finally recuperated enough for lunch by 1:00 or so. I love traveling with my mom, she's a fun travel buddy and is always up for an adventure. We decided to hit one of our favorite non-Disney restaurants for a restorative brunch. We made the drive to Hash House a Go Go, located on I Drive near the outlets. We were seated in an oddly chilly room, but decided we'd start with liquid blankets and the hair of the dog that bit us.

HZStkGl.png

The pink drink was mine, "Huckleberry Sin - homemade lemonade, 44 North huckleberry vodka, fresh mint, blueberry garnish" ($9.99) and oh my gosh was this good! I had never even heard of huckleberry vodka prior to this but it seems to have less of an artificial taste than a lot of fruit flavored vodkas do and I really enjoyed this, albeit slowly.

Mom had the $10.99 "HH Bloody Mary - with jalapeno stuffed green olives, blue lake green beans, fresh horseradish and black pepper". I am a big fan of Bloody Marys but I knew if this one wasn't absolutely perfect I'd be in even worse shape than I started out in, so I refrained. I would have been fine as this was perfectly made and delicious!

I had the HH Baby Burger, $10.99, which was still MASSIVE! It's a certified angus beef patty with lettuce, pickle, tomato, and red onion served on a fresh bun with crispy fries.

Z6rSgkF.png

It was giant, even as the "small" size!!! Those french fries are amazing, battered and perfectly seasoned. My lunch brought me right back to life!

Mom ordered the whopping Andy's Sage Fried Chicken Benedict ($16.99) "fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomato, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream, and scrambled eggs." This dish was featured on Man V. Food, though not as the challenge.

NvX7Nqk.png

gx0w8oX.png

You really can't tell from the pictures how giant this is but it is ENORMOUS. After we both ate some it still looked like the full dish. The chipotle cream on this is SO good, slightly spicy and very rich. I asked for a side of it and they brought me a whole soup cup! I was so happy with my amazing french fries and this sauce.

Lunch was approximately $50 and we both had huge "to-go" boxes. If you go there, I definitely recommend sharing. It's amazing.

We hit the I-Drive outlets and came away sadly empty handed. The character warehouse is very hit or miss and this trip was a miss. Not to be foiled in our Disney fun, there was a new-to-me location I had VERY much wanted to check out since it opened but had yet to fit in to the trips since. As it was really too cold to enjoy the pools or resort in another way, we decided a little resort action was in order. Where was our destination?

gipmgUG.png

GEYSER POINT! YES!!!

We love the Wilderness Lodge. It feels so much like "home" and since it was chilly out, WL had the perfect atmosphere. We found a table (this was prior to the institution of the hostess) and ordered drinks. Since my previous selection went so well, I ordered the Huckleberry Punch "44° North Mountain Huckleberry Vodka, Bols Crème de Cassis, fresh Lemon Juice, and Cranberry Juice" ($12) This was much sweeter than my Huckleberry lemonade from earlier but it was still amazing. New favorite spirit! I am sorry I cannot remember what my mom had.

We both liked our drinks but we were freezing so we got to go drinks and went inside the lodge. We just hung out, peoplewatching and relaxing. We finally decided we needed to move on and decided to go rustle up some dinner even though we weren't starving. We decided to go to Mizner's as my mom is a Grand Floridian gal through and through. When we went to wait on a boat to take us to MK so we could transfer, we were the only party on the boat dock. It was a Halloween party night so the boat captain asked us why we weren't wearing costumes, and when we told him it was because we were actually going to the Grand, he made a little radio call and got us a private water taxi direct to the Grand Floridian! he was amazing.

qkITqj6.png

Carl, our awesome captain, with his #castcompliment I tweeted in.

When I'm at Disney, I'm often a creature of habit. I know what I love, and I eat it! haha. I feel like I literally just reviewed these, so here's another photo sans-review of the AMAZING Citricos arancini:

Tshk4Af.png

And the seasonal flatbread:

56UxRDQ.png

And a blurry picture of the hidden mickey in my "dessert" - a chocolate martini

NIOGCl6.png

I swear they are so good at Mizner's!

We went out and enjoyed the special Hallowishes fireworks from the Grand Floridian boat dock before calling it a night. We had so much fun!

Up next: another re-review, Boma brunch buffet

We made the drive to Hash House a Go Go, located on I Drive near the outlets. We were seated in an oddly chilly room, but decided we'd start with liquid blankets and the hair of the dog that bit us.

HZStkGl.png
Hair of the dog, the best cure ever!!!!

I had no idea there was a hash house in Orlando. In fact I don't even think I knew they were a chain. I went to the Vegas one eons ago and thought that was the only one.

Z6rSgkF.png

It was giant, even as the "small" size!!! Those french fries are amazing, battered and perfectly seasoned. My lunch brought me right back to life!
Definitely not small, but besides hair of the dog nothing does a hang over better than a good ole greasy burger

gx0w8oX.png

You really can't tell from the pictures how giant this is but it is ENORMOUS. After we both ate some it still looked like the full dish. The chipotle cream on this is SO good, slightly spicy and very rich. I asked for a side of it and they brought me a whole soup cup! I was so happy with my amazing french fries and this sauce.
Oh dear lord, I'm not even sure I have words for this thing. Even after you described it I'm to sure what in the heck it is but I want one nonetheless.

gipmgUG.png

GEYSER POINT! YES!!!
I'm so dying to go here and haven't been able to yet. Maybe we'll finally get there in August, but we're staying at the Boardwalk and Beach Club so not sure that will actually happen.

It was a Halloween party night so the boat captain asked us why we weren't wearing costumes, and when we told him it was because we were actually going to the Grand, he made a little radio call and got us a private water taxi direct to the Grand Floridian! he was amazing.

qkITqj6.png
What amazing service!!!!!! Glad you girls had a great dinner at Mizners!

Mom ordered the whopping Andy's Sage Fried Chicken Benedict ($16.99) "fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomato, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream, and scrambled eggs." This dish was featured on Man V. Food, though not as the challenge.

NvX7Nqk.png

gx0w8oX.png

Holy moly! I can't quite figure this out, but I'd love to try it! I've never heard of that place, but we don't usually have a car so going off-site isn't a thing for us. We may have to uber there or something, next time :-)

he made a little radio call and got us a private water taxi direct to the Grand Floridian! he was amazing.

qkITqj6.png

Carl, our awesome captain, with his #castcompliment I tweeted in.

Wow, that's awesome! I'm going to have to remember to do that…if I can figure out my twitter password :laughing:

When I'm at Disney, I'm often a creature of habit. I know what I love, and I eat it! haha. I feel like I literally just reviewed these, so here's another photo sans-review of the AMAZING Citricos arancini:

Tshk4Af.png

And the seasonal flatbread:

56UxRDQ.png

And a blurry picture of the hidden mickey in my "dessert" - a chocolate martini

NIOGCl6.png

I swear they are so good at Mizner's!

That all looks so good, I don't blame you for sticking to it ::yes::

Looking back on it now, maybe it was the conference center ambiance that really put me off?

That makes sense.

It's so weird, some people are die hard fans of this event and go for it every year and then there's me over here like :confused3

Yeah, I've read some reviews from fans, and it made it sound really amazing. But after reading yours, I don't think it's anything to go out of our way for which is good because I don't have any time off left :rotfl:

And now, the offsite review no one asked for! But hopefully someone enjoys reading about... :rotfl:

I want to read offsite reviews :Pinkbounc

We hit the I-Drive outlets and came away sadly empty handed. The character warehouse is very hit or miss and this trip was a miss. Not to be foiled in our Disney fun, there was a new-to-me location I had VERY much wanted to check out since it opened but had yet to fit in to the trips since.

I always see people find so many good things in vlogs, and then when we went the same thing happened there really wasn't anything there.

Your meal at Mizner's looked delicious, especially your chocolate martini! I never think to stop at the many Disney lounges to eat, but I think I'm going to have to rectify that!

I had no idea there was a hash house in Orlando. In fact I don't even think I knew they were a chain. I went to the Vegas one eons ago and thought that was the only one.

Definitely not small, but besides hair of the dog nothing does a hang over better than a good ole greasy burger
No kidding! And those french fries were highly restorative. Nothing better for the collywobbles like potato carb goodness!

Oh dear lord, I'm not even sure I have words for this thing. Even after you described it I'm to sure what in the heck it is but I want one nonetheless.
Me either... let me try... most amazing monster benedict ever!!! :D It's enough for like 4 people, it's crazy but delicious!

I'm so dying to go here and haven't been able to yet. Maybe we'll finally get there in August, but we're staying at the Boardwalk and Beach Club so not sure that will actually happen.
Yes! Maybe when you've pooped out after enough pooper rides you can get a boat over for a quick nip and nosh. It's worth it, I promise. So beautiful and some unique cocktails that aren't the standard lounge menu! Oh.. and because I know you will appreciate it, they have some different draft beers that aren't in every bar on property. I can see you guys loving it.

What amazing service!!!!!! Glad you girls had a great dinner at Mizners!
I was blown away. We truly felt like VIPs on that private boat ride! It was really cold though. Glad we had the direct ride!

Holy moly! I can't quite figure this out, but I'd love to try it! I've never heard of that place, but we don't usually have a car so going off-site isn't a thing for us. We may have to uber there or something, next time :-)
Since we almost always have a car it is much easier for us to venture off property, and especially with my mom as she loves the greater Orlando tourist corridor more than your average disney fan. Especially since we were doing a no-parks trip, it was easier to justify the excursion, but I can say Hash House is ALWAYS worth it!!!

Wow, that's awesome! I'm going to have to remember to do that…if I can figure out my twitter password :laughing:
Yes! I love tweeting with cast compliments. I have been rewarded with lots of happy photos like this one! I hope it goes in their permanent file and helps them get raises/promotions/good juju!

Yeah, I've read some reviews from fans, and it made it sound really amazing. But after reading yours, I don't think it's anything to go out of our way for which is good because I don't have any time off left :rotfl:
I just read a post on Niki's most recent dinng report from someone who's been to 4 swan dolphin food and wine classics including the indoor one I went to and said it was bad compared to the outside ones... so mystery solved! Guess I can't scratch this one off my list permanently, after all :P
I want to read offsite reviews :Pinkbounc
Yay! Glad I have at least one interested reader lol

I always see people find so many good things in vlogs, and then when we went the same thing happened there really wasn't anything there.
It is EXTREMELY hit or miss. Like I either have to put stuff back because there's so much good stuff, or I come out with zilch. It's always worth a look in my opinion (but we generally always have a car, so it's not hard to get over there). I can see it not being worth the roll of the dice if you have to Uber. Do you read the Touring Plans blog with photos of what all is at the outlets? It is always what draws me back in... haha!

Your meal at Mizner's looked delicious, especially your chocolate martini! I never think to stop at the many Disney lounges to eat, but I think I'm going to have to rectify that!
Especially when I travel with my mom, we tend to fly by the seats of our pants, so the lounges are perfect for that... especially if you're looking for a lighter dinner. You will have to check them out!

Good god your food at Hash House a Go Go looks amazing! I want that burger and those fries right now and I'm not even hungover :laughing:
Oh my gosh me too. Their food is amazing!

Guess what, friends?! Bachelorette shenanigans commence TOMORROW! I am useless at work today, so I will wrap up the mother-daughter, no-parks, short trip from October.

Monday, October 30: Boma Brunch and Bye bye!

I had recently become acquainted with the majesty of the Boma breakfast buffet and was dying to show my mom my new favorite brunch spot, so we headed off to AKL to enjoy a last Disney meal.

We had a nice banquette table and wasted no time filling first plates. Here's mine:

mpaEaEq.png

From the top: corned beef hash, fruit turnover, potatoes with "afritude", mickey waffles topped with the bread pudding sauces, carved turkey with mustard sauce, and a sausage in the middle.

The mickey waffles with bread pudding sauce is my favorite thing ever for breakfast, and they were again amazing. The waffles just hold up so much better to the sweet and decadent sauces than the bread pudding does, in my opinion. I love the mustard sauce they serve with the carved meats, and the turkey was perfectly moist and fresh. The corned beef topping was a little dry and bland for me this morning, but I ate the beef part of it and really enjoyed it as I had previously. I was disappointed that they had the breakfast potatoes this morning instead of tater tots, but the seasoning was the same and very tasty!

iDx0bKU.png

Mom's first plate - I taught her the waffle and sauce trick right away!

g0oEicH.png

My second plate - had to sample the turkey bobotie which I found lacking this morning. They didn't season it enough for my liking. The potatoes are here again, so I guess I got over the tater tot sadness pretty well. The banana bread here is always a welcome addition. Off to the side, there is pickled watermelon rind salad on its own plate. This was very unique and refreshing but a few bites was enough for me. It has a very interesting flavor - like nutmeg or cardamom. I really liked it.

7UAA5L3.png

Mom had a loaded omelette which she liked but waited a long time for.

T9hcBCH.png

Her final plate. Someone had to have some salad!

After our amazing brunch, which again did not disappoint, we stopped out at the overlook to watch the animals.

0SxGTNf.png

The giraffes were out in full force and very close to the overlook!

mI8t1bq.png

We also listened to the cultural representative CM for a while. She was really sweet and I always love interacting with these CMs.

TVL3txj.png

We finished out the day by sunbathing at the pool at our resort. It was warm enough to sunbathe but not really warm enough to swim so we had almost full run of the place! We reluctantly bid farewell to Florida and headed north to the real world...

Coming up next: the final trip of the "fall" (really it was winter but I will wrap up this DR with that visit) when we headed to WDW for a couple days prior to Christmas. Our first meal is a review of Trail's End brunch!

Real life update:

NjN22x2.png

A double rainbow! But what does it meeeaaaan?!

Loving your report! Following along and catching up but just have to point out...am I the only one who noticed you caught a couple getting engaged in this photo?!?

Loving your report! Following along and catching up but just have to point out...am I the only one who noticed you caught a couple getting engaged in this photo?!?

I didn't even notice!!! It is not the first proposal I have seen in front of the castle but that is so cute! I hope they had someone nearby to take a good photo!!

I love the breakfast buffet at Boma, as well as the dinner buffet! Wish I had enough days on my trips to fit everything in. Such a pain to have to pick and choose, lol!

Thanks for the Hash House review. If we ever have a car or stay offsite on a WDW trip we will have to check it out. The fries made me hungry and I just finished lunch.

Looks like Boma was a great way to finish up your trip. Did you come up with the bread pudding sauce on the waffles or are they together? I don't recall it from when we were there and it looks and sounds like the most perfect combination EVER!!!! I also didn't know they had lobster for the omelets so maybe I just don't pay very good attention.

This is a huge portion of food and those fries would definitely have been devoured by me. I don't like burgers, but that one looks like it would be nice.
This thing looks massive! I would never be able to finish all of that. I like how it has cantaloupe on the side, that's not a common side dish and looks refreshing.

I love chocolate martini's I order them almost every time I see them on a menu. This one looks great, lots of chocolate.

I love how buffets you really get to try a wide variety of food. having meat and waffles next to each other is definitely something you wouldn't find at a normal sit-down restaurant. And those Mickey waffles look so good!

7UAA5L3.png

Mom had a loaded omelette which she liked but waited a long time for.
The omelette looks good, hopefully it was worth the wait since she liked it?

0SxGTNf.png

The giraffes were out in full force and very close to the overlook!
This is my favorite part of the hotel. I think it's the most unique hotel on property. I could sit outside looking at these animals all day.

I love the breakfast buffet at Boma, as well as the dinner buffet! Wish I had enough days on my trips to fit everything in. Such a pain to have to pick and choose, lol!
I know! It's the worst kind of good decision to have to choose between two amazing options!

Boma breakfast sounds delish! We have only done dinner at Boma. One day. Hope you have a great bachlorette get-away!
We had so much fun!!! And of course we had Boma breakfast on the bachelorette trip too!

Thanks for the Hash House review. If we ever have a car or stay offsite on a WDW trip we will have to check it out. The fries made me hungry and I just finished lunch.
That is truly the sign of a delicious looking plate of food! :laughing:

Looks like Boma was a great way to finish up your trip. Did you come up with the bread pudding sauce on the waffles or are they together? I don't recall it from when we were there and it looks and sounds like the most perfect combination EVER!!!! I also didn't know they had lobster for the omelets so maybe I just don't pay very good attention.
Well fortunately I just refreshed my memory of the buffet layout :thumbsup2 the waffles are at the beginning of the buffet near the sausage and potatoes, the omelette station is in the middle, and the bread pudding is near the end. But worth the skipping around for the sauce-waffle deliciousness hack!

This is a huge portion of food and those fries would definitely have been devoured by me. I don't like burgers, but that one looks like it would be nice.
I am a burger machine sometimes. I get in spells of craving particular kinds of foods - lately it has been pizza but burgers are high on my junk food priority list!

This thing looks massive! I would never be able to finish all of that. I like how it has cantaloupe on the side, that's not a common side dish and looks refreshing.
I don't know how they do it but their fruit is always ripe and yummy. I don't see how anyone could finish that thing! It's crazy huge.

I love chocolate martini's I order them almost every time I see them on a menu. This one looks great, lots of chocolate.
I love getting them at the Grand Floridian. I always feel so fancy!

I love how buffets you really get to try a wide variety of food. having meat and waffles next to each other is definitely something you wouldn't find at a normal sit-down restaurant. And those Mickey waffles look so good!
So true! And you can get just one bite to see if you like it. I wish you could do that everywhere, I love tasting all the different stuff.

The omelette looks good, hopefully it was worth the wait since she liked it?
I'm sure it was, though one of my friends figured out the way to do it over the weekend. Put in your omelette order, go get a plate of other food, and come back just in time to snag the finished masterpiece!

This is my favorite part of the hotel. I think it's the most unique hotel on property. I could sit outside looking at these animals all day.
Me too! I saw some people doing the wanyama safari over the weekend. I think it's going to have to go on my Disney bucket list now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter