Hurricane interrupting purchase for anyone?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
I got the closing docs before Irma and sent them back along with the money within a couple of days, but the seller (who I think lives in Florida) still hasn't returned their docs. I had to send money and a signature, but all they needed to send back was a signature. I'm GUESSING that perhaps they didn't get their papers until after the Labor day weekend and were too busy prepping for Irma to get their mail until AFTER it hit? In any event we're now week + since I returned my signatures and money and the closing company says they are simply waiting for the seller to return their signed docs. Am I worrying too much or do you think there could be a huge delay/problem?

I got the closing docs before Irma and sent them back along with the money within a couple of days, but the seller (who I think lives in Florida) still hasn't returned their docs. I had to send money and a signature, but all they needed to send back was a signature. I'm GUESSING that perhaps they didn't get their papers until after the Labor day weekend and were too busy prepping for Irma to get their mail until AFTER it hit? In any event we're now week + since I returned my signatures and money and the closing company says they are simply waiting for the seller to return their signed docs. Am I worrying too much or do you think there could be a huge delay/problem?

First American received my closing documents on August 14th. On September 6th I was told that they expect to receive the seller's documents within a couple days. I assume the hurricane has delayed closing even further.... which, as of today, was supposed to be 8 days ago.

First American received my closing documents on August 14th. On September 6th I was told that they expect to receive the seller's documents within a couple days. I assume the hurricane has delayed closing even further.... which, as of today, was supposed to be 8 days ago.
It's strange, you know I would expect that the seller would be the MOST motivated to send in the forms. Isn't it true that he (seller) doesn't pay anything (except out of the proceeds of the sale) and thus would only get his money that much faster by simply signing a paper and mailing it??Isn't it the buyer who has to go through the trouble of not just signing a form, but coming up with the cash? If I was a seller in this scenario, I would have those papers filled out and returned the SAME DAY I got them. Thanks for at least letting me know that my problem isn't unique, I just don't understand why sellers would cause ANY delay...

It's strange, you know I would expect that the seller would be the MOST motivated to send in the forms. Isn't it true that he (seller) doesn't pay anything (except out of the proceeds of the sale) and thus would only get his money that much faster by simply signing a paper and mailing it??Isn't it the buyer who has to go through the trouble of not just signing a form, but coming up with the cash? If I was a seller in this scenario, I would have those papers filled out and returned the SAME DAY I got them. Thanks for at least letting me know that my problem isn't unique, I just don't understand why sellers would cause ANY delay...

That's what I was thinking!

We passed ROFR 9 days ago and are awaiting closing documents. I heard from the title company today that they had power restored to their office yest and are back at work today working hard to catch up. I'm really hoping I receive documents next week.

I'm sorry your closing has been pushed back so much. It's extremely frustrating when the seller drags their feet. I am hoping our sellers are quick because I am really wanting this contract closed!

I think we are waiting on seller docs too. I would think that sellers would be quick to sign. Of course, they may also get cold feet with prices climbing. I was going to purchase a contract from another family and we were all ready to go until prices started creeping up. They decided to pull out of the sale until they see where prices stabilize. I was able to get another contract the next day, but still...makes me worry until all is done.

We passed ROFR 9 days ago and are awaiting closing documents. I heard from the title company today that they had power restored to their office yest and are back at work today working hard to catch up. I'm really hoping I receive documents next week.

Satisfying my incurable need to know through yours! We are with the same broker and passed ROFR on the same day, but assume our title company will be in California. We too hope for documents soon.

Mike

Actually, the sellers must have their documents notarized, so may have issues tracking down a notary in Florida right now. Sometimes sellers have to bring money to the table to close the deal and that can slow things down, too. But for some reason it is not uncommon for sellers to drag their feet a little. W/ the way prices on resales have exploded in the last couple of months I'd think twice about bailing because sellers are dawdling a bit, particularly as the transaction & many of the players (brokerage/title Co./DVC) are all based in a state recovering from a cat 3/4 hurricane which impacted the entire state.

I'm sorry your closing has been pushed back so much. It's extremely frustrating when the seller drags their feet. I am hoping our sellers are quick because I am really wanting this contract closed!

What title company are you closing with?

Not to rain on anyone's happy parade, but today made day 29 since passing ROFR and still no closing docs from First American... :worried:

Our closing docs and check sat at a fedex depot in FL for a few days. Fedex says they delivered it today First American says they are overwhelmed with fedex packages and don't know if they got it. our closing date is the 22nd so I guess we will see if it gets delayed.

Not to rain on anyone's happy parade, but today made day 29 since passing ROFR and still no closing docs from First American... :worried:

Whoa! Have you contacted the broker (was it Bonnie from Fidelity?) to let them know? Bonnie helped out right away when I wasn't hearing anything from FA.

Satisfying my incurable need to know through yours! We are with the same broker and passed ROFR on the same day, but assume our title company will be in California. We too hope for documents soon.

Mike

I'm wondering if we will be on the same timeline for the estoppel? I'm going a tad bit crazy over here! Knowing my contract currently has banked points that need to be used. U July might be making me a little more antsy

Whoa! Have you contacted the broker (was it Bonnie from Fidelity?) to let them know? Bonnie helped out right away when I wasn't hearing anything from FA.

I contacted my rep (not Fidelity) last Tuesday requesting an update as it was day 21 and the response from FA was they were still waiting on Disney...
What's disappointing about that was I've seen others here that passed ROFR after me, have FA as their title company, and have already received documents.

I've been waiting for seller documents since the day after labor day. I've been wondering if Irma was to blame too. Sucks :( I really want to say my fully loaded add-on before I commit to a reservation I want to make in the next few days. I'm just going to have to take a leap of faith I guess. Blah.

Still waiting on closing documents for our resale purchase as well. Passed ROFR on August 21st and still no sign of obtaining estoppel etc.

Hopefully things kick into gear over the next few days as companies get back up to speed thanks to Irma.

I received our closing docs the Friday before Labor Day but couldn't get to a notary until 1 week later. On Monday of this week, I received an email from First American asking when I plan to send my closing packet back. According to Fedex, First American received my closing docs on Tuesday (along with everyone else it seems!).

I assumed they were pushing me along because they had received the sellers closing packet, but when I inquired about that they said the sellers were planning to send them this week but then Irma hit, so hopefully over the weekend. I'm so close to the end!

Who is your closing company? I'm waiting for closing documents and haven't heard anything except their power was out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!