Hurricane Irma?

Thanks Little Orange Bird and stitch626_in_time. We are meeting family that is flying in or we may have postponed. We will just take it slow and take your advice about the gas before Ga.
stitch626_in_time I hope that your home did not suffer much damage.

Hey guys, everyone wondering about driving-were 14 miles out and everything has been fine. Better than fine. We took 95 the whole time. No more traffic than your standard accident rubberneckers, that kind of thing. Got gas right before Georgia, full tank, and only now a little before half! Don't listen to all the naysayers! You'll be fine!!! Just download GasBuddy and waZe!

This was shared today by the UT sports
information office for fans who are planning to make the trip to Gainesville for the UT-Florida game. Thought it might also be relevant for some here.

Here’s what UTsports.com posted via the University of Florida Police:

“FDOT is currently monitoring the water levels at the Santa Fe River and the integrity of the bridges over the river at US 441 and I-75. They anticipate closing both bridges between 3 p.m. ET and 6 p.m. ET today (Wednesday) due to the rising waters. As a result, traffic will be diverted off the interstate north and south.

The preliminary detour is expected to be the following:

Northbound traffic will be encouraged to exit at SW Williston Rd (SR 121) and be routed to US 301 North. There will be a hard closure at the City of Alachua exit (US441) where all northbound traffic will be routed south to NW 53rd Ave. NW 53rd Ave will turn into one way eastbound traffic to NE Waldo Rd and directed north to US 301. Traffic at N. Main and NE 15ht St and NW 53rd Ave will only be allowed to turn east.

Southbound traffic will be diverted off I-75 in Columbia County and directed to US 19.”

For those of you driving down or leaving using I-75 - flooding has raised the Sante Fe River near Gainesville and the levels may necessitate closing both bridges on I-75. This has not yet happened though it seems a good possibility. @FLHSMV and @MYDOT will immediately tweet if it happens. Best detours are:

DJnZ4cIUIAAKuXq.jpg:large

Thank you to everyone posting road conditions on 95. Will be driving down on Sunday from Raleigh and loving the updates!

Leaving tomorrow afternoon from Indianapolis area. Will be taking 65/75 down. Praying the roads and gas are not as bad as people say.

One bridge is closed due to the flooding but looks like the I75 portion is still open for the time being

My husband is closely watching the traffic for that area. We stay the night around Chattanooga. We have friends that came up here from Orlando to evacuate Irma, they head back today so i plan on keeping contact with her to see how things are for her!

We are flying in this Saturday meeting kids and grandkids to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We used a TA and we asked that she request connecting rooms in Pop Section 80 as 1st choice and in Section 90 as Second. Of course, it does not show up in our MyDisneyExperience. She assures me that it has been requested and she has been awesome with everything else. My question is should I call Friday or Saturday to see if they in fact have that request? And would it help if I added that we are there to celebrate our 50th anniversary? Thx in advance

Thank you everyone for the i95 updates, especially the gas updates. We leave from Philadelphia tomorrow night and are taking i95 the whole way down.

My husband is closely watching the traffic for that area. We stay the night around Chattanooga. We have friends that came up here from Orlando to evacuate Irma, they head back today so i plan on keeping contact with her to see how things are for her!

Just got this update on my phone from my local news

"Evacuees from Hurricane Irma who fled north can rejoice! Receding flood waters in northern Florida have allowed the state's department of transportation to keep Interstate 75 open.

State engineers and meteorologists believe water levels of the Santa Fe River, which is north of Gainesville, won't reach any level that would make the road unsafe.

However, US-41 and US-27 are still closed because of high water levels."

We are flying in this Saturday meeting kids and grandkids to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. We used a TA and we asked that she request connecting rooms in Pop Section 80 as 1st choice and in Section 90 as Second. Of course, it does not show up in our MyDisneyExperience. She assures me that it has been requested and she has been awesome with everything else. My question is should I call Friday or Saturday to see if they in fact have that request? And would it help if I added that we are there to celebrate our 50th anniversary? Thx in advance
First of all,happy anniversary! Secondly, your requests are usually placed at checkin- either online of in person. If your TA requested then she did a online check in for you. I'm pretty sure you do not see this on the app of reservation. It doesn't hurt to call and double check, nor to tell them your anniversary (you get pins and sometime pixieduat anyways!) Just keep in mind they will try to accommodate you but may lead to longer check in times and sometimes, they just cannot do it! They should text or email you per your preferences communication to let you know when your room is ready. Good luck!!

First of all,happy anniversary! Secondly, your requests are usually placed at checkin- either online of in person. If your TA requested then she did a online check in for you. I'm pretty sure you do not see this on the app of reservation. It doesn't hurt to call and double check, nor to tell them your anniversary (you get pins and sometime pixieduat anyways!) Just keep in mind they will try to accommodate you but may lead to longer check in times and sometimes, they just cannot do it! They should text or email you per your preferences communication to let you know when your room is ready. Good luck!!

Requests can be made any time and aren't limited to just check-in. You can call and have them make a note on your reservation at any time for anything. You won't see that note on your end since it's in their system. OP, definitely let them know it's your anniversary!

We are driving north on I75 right now just north of Ocala. No traffic problems. We bought gas in Ocala for $2.75 and only had 1 car ahead of us.

There is a steady stream of traffic going South. About 1/3 trucks. But moving along at the speed limit.

We are now driving west towards Tallahassee. Steady stream of trucks going east. Probably 50/50 cars vs trucks.

LOTS of troupers out there.

I75 open, traffic is moving, most gas stations are coming around now. But, yes, lots and lots of state troopers!

Thanks everyone for posting this information

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter