Hurricans and rain

Wagamama

<font color=blue>Just call me Bella<br><font color
I've heard that June is a big hurricane season in Florida. Has anybody gone to WDW around June 8th and encountered bad weather?

I believe June-OCT is considered hurricane season, so you are fair game any of these months. I personally was there in Sept 99 during Floyd in which parks were closed. This was the only time WDW closed due to a storm so your chances are pretty good I think, of avoiding an actual hurricane. Rain is a different story. It pretty much rains everyday in the summer, but mostly just a 1/2 hr downpour, then it's sunny again. If you are concerned, buy trip insurance and watch Orlando weather before you leave, so that you can reschedule.

Yes, the hurricanes season officially begins in June. However, things don't really get rolling until the water temp of the Gulf/Ocean is high. June is typically the slowest activity months of the season. August and Sept. are different stories....watch out. Also, the rainy season is sometimes in force in June...late afternoon showers. One thing you can count on FOR SURE is HOT HOT HOT and HUMID HUMID HUMID! We went in very early June and we could barely stand it....and we are used to it. Just plan early days with lots of cool breaks...it's the only way in the summer if you want to enjoy yourselves. Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter