Husband will go to Disney on 3 conditions...

monica9

DIS Veteran
1- we go to Epcot at night at least 2 times (great, made itinerary for only one. Back to the drawing board)
2- get a turkey baguette sandwich at Be our guest for lunch (great! We booked our vacation just 164 days out which means all BOG reservations are taken. Looks like we will be trying for a walk up)
3- and most importantly, get Ohana bread pudding.
Now he knows it's a lost cause trying to get into ohana at this point so where else can we get it?
I know kona has it but don't want to use a sit down there. Can we order it as take out and use it as a snack or quick service credit?
Also, ideally I'd like to find it at Disney Springs since we will be there one night and don't have dinner reservations booked. But it has to be the exact recipe as ohana but he doesn't put the banana sauce on it so we don't care about that part.
Help!

You can order the Ohana bread pudding from the Tambu Lounge at the Poly after 4pm. It's not on the dining plan though.
I just looked at the tambu menu and not seeing it so I decided to call poly directly and they said they don't know if you can get the bread pudding anywhere but ohana. She didn't sound sure though and looked on the lounges menu and said she didn't see it. Is this a fact that tambu serves it? Also, I see they are open all day. They only serve it after 4pm probably bc they start making it then for ohana right?

image.png
I just looked at the tambu menu and not seeing it so I decided to call poly directly and they said they don't know if you can get the bread pudding anywhere but ohana. She didn't sound sure though and looked on the lounges menu and said she didn't see it. Is this a fact that tambu serves it? Also, I see they are open all day. They only serve it after 4pm probably bc they start making it then for ohana right?
We tried to order it earlier then 4pm in January and we were told no, I guess because that's the earliest time it would be ready for Ohana.

1- we go to Epcot at night at least 2 times (great, made itinerary for only one. Back to the drawing board)
2- get a turkey baguette sandwich at Be our guest for lunch (great! We booked our vacation just 164 days out which means all BOG reservations are taken. Looks like we will be trying for a walk up)
3- and most importantly, get Ohana bread pudding.
Now he knows it's a lost cause trying to get into ohana at this point so where else can we get it?
I know kona has it but don't want to use a sit down there. Can we order it as take out and use it as a snack or quick service credit?
Also, ideally I'd like to find it at Disney Springs since we will be there one night and don't have dinner reservations booked. But it has to be the exact recipe as ohana but he doesn't put the banana sauce on it so we don't care about that part.
Help!
We're going in less than 2 months and got our ideal Ohana time via Touring Plans reservation finder. At the sign up page, click Basic Access to get a free account, then put in a request for BOG lunch and Ohana dinner on your desired days. Keep your cell phone with you & turned up so you can hear when you get a text from TP, & can therefore respond in time to snap up the ressie.

TP reservation finder works. It might take a while, but it works. Just get in the habit of keeping your cell phone with you & with the volume turned up. That is much easier & more effective than just checking back intermittently on your own.

We're going in less than 2 months and got our ideal Ohana time via Touring Plans reservation finder. At the sign up page, click Basic Access to get a free account, then put in a request for BOG lunch and Ohana dinner on your desired days. Keep your cell phone with you & turned up so you can hear when you get a text from TP, & can therefore respond in time to snap up the ressie.

TP reservation finder works. It might take a while, but it works. Just get in the habit of keeping your cell phone with you & with the volume turned up. That is much easier & more effective than just checking back intermittently on your own.
I ought this app cost. It's great free? Play definitely look into it

Les Halles in France has a Turkey BLT. I bet it's better than the turkey sandwich at BOG.

Just keep looking whenever you're bored and I'm sure you'll find a reservation for whatever you need. I don't plan very far out, and can be standing in line at the grocery and find an ADR sometimes. You'll find it!

get a turkey baguette sandwich at Be our guest for lunch (great! We booked our vacation just 164 days out which means all BOG reservations are taken. Looks like we will be trying for a walk up)

I highly doubt you'll be able to do a walk-up at BoG. They don't "save" tables for walk-ups; if they are booked, they are booked. Keep trying for that lunch ADR.

Totally agree! They found us BOG and Sci Fi Drive-in dinner res for Sept in a matter of days from when it started checking. Love it because it does the work for you!

For BOG, try to find two reservations for 1 guest with times that are close to each other (for example, an ADR for 1 at 12:30 pm and an ADR for 1 at 12:40pm). You can choose where you sit, so it doesn't really matter that you may enter the restaurant at two different times. If you get the ADR's I highly suggest pre-ordering to save time.

We've walked up to BOG as a party of 2 twice. Once I found an ADR for 1 online while we were walking by so I walked up, asked if they could seat 2 and they sent us in. The second time, we simply walked up and asked nicely if there was any chance of getting in and the CM said yes. We, obviously, got lucky. If you go the walk-up route, be prepared to be turned away.

I managed to get a BOG res for 3 at 59 days out. I did use the Touring Plans finder. Haven't been able to snag my sci-if yet. :cool: It seems like many people "hold" adrs till their 60-day fastpass selections. Then they may drop them if it doesn't work with their schedule. The same thing will happen at 30 days out, at one week out, and day before as people finalize their plans. So don't stress yet -- keep checking back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!