Hypothetical: "Generic DVC". Like the idea?

What price would DVC put on Generic points and how would they calculate MFs?

Unless you could get Generic points for less than $70, why would anyone want them? You can pick up VB or HH in the $65-75 range in the resale market that will only give you the 7 month window at WDW. (That's the risk we took when we bought HH points.)

Or, if the fees aren't less than OKW's, why give up the low buy in cost, lowest MF's, and lose the 11 month advantage for the lowest point cost accomodations?

Plus, if DVC markets SSR as a way to stay at the other resorts, why undercut those sales? And if you really think about it, without a guaranteed view/location category coupled with the current room ready policy, what real 11 month advantage does SSR hold? So if there is no 11 month advantage, then SSR points have a generic nature to them.......JMHO.

Granny said:
Wow, I wasn't trying to be a troll by starting this thread, honest!!!
Stick with that story, girl! :rotfl2:

I PERSONALLY believe you, but others have noticed your absence from the fray! Ms. Cricket, in particular, has been working overtime -- but she gets paid the big bucks for doing so.

Seriously tho...I think it HAS been an interesting thread. Good job! :worship:

JimMIA said:
Ms. Cricket, in particular, has been working overtime -- but she gets paid the big bucks for doing so.

MR.! :)

...and I hardly call a a carton of milk duds a month "big bucks" ;)

WebmasterCricket said:
I know, I know...but I was bouncing between Penny's traumatic 5-chapter episode with the flasher at BWV and the flying squirrel attack at OKW on the DVC Forum, and I just couldn't resist.

Have a great 4th...GUYS!

JimMIA said:
Stick with that story, girl! :rotfl2:

I PERSONALLY believe you, but others have noticed your absence from the fray! Ms. Cricket, in particular, has been working overtime -- but she gets paid the big bucks for doing so.

Seriously tho...I think it HAS been an interesting thread. Good job! :worship:
Thanks for the kind words, though you are obviously a little gender-challenged when it comes to others! :teeth:

I didn't mean to keep out of the fray...it's just that I'm on vacation at WDW and DW seems to think that computer time should be somewhat limited when we're on vacation. Fortunately, she's at the pool right now so I've got a moment to post! I'm sure she wouldn't mind. :rolleyes1

As for the original topic, I think that one poster summarized my feelings on it pretty well. I'd hate for DVC to be a free for all with almost every reservation requiring a day by day strategy in order to get the place you want to stay. On the other hand, it would make the product a little easier for Disney to manage since everyone would have the same booking windows.

But I, for one, do have a pride in saying that I "own" a piece of VWL and BWV with my two contracts. And I like the idea of getting first dibs on Standard View or Boardwalk View rooms at BWV.

I just thought the topic was an interesting one. And one thing I was really trying to see was if people considered themselves DVC owners more than, say, BWV owners.

I guess I could have just asked that question, huh? :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter