Hypothetical Question

Well, we would get to see more of the actual world because my boys and I just cannot convince ourselves that anywhere else is vacation worthy! :rotfl:

Can't imagine the grand re-opening...that would be epic...and something worth saving for...hmmmm.......

I guess they would be laying off all the CMs other than construction and they would not be earning any profit.

So, with no profit for two years, my guess is that it would never happen.

I would not like it one bit. Besides not being able to go for 2 years, the parks would be so crowded from all of that pent-up demand that it would be wall-to-wall people for probably another 2 years (I remember that it was like that when EPCOT opened.)

Okay, people would find other places to go including Universal and Sea World and have a great time. Universal and SW would offer great deals, including "turn in your old Disney T-shirt for a one day pass to US or SW" days. They would build up a fan base, create TV shows and movies based on their parks and steal Disney's fan base.

Or everyone would go to California.

I would think that the powers-that-be at Disney had lost their minds.

Especially because so much of the great things they have there revolve around their people. I can't imagine they pay well enough to have people notwork for 2 years

I would be very sad, but also very excited. I would want to read everything possible about what might possibly be going on behind the closed doors!!! I would definitely save and save to go again once it re-opened.

My love for Disney wouldn't change, but I would probably send them an email and ask them to keep it open and build their new park idea somewhere else, so that we had yet another Disney destination to visit! Maybe a cold weather park! :thumbsup2

I guess they would be laying off all the CMs other than construction and they would not be earning any profit.

So, with no profit for two years, my guess is that it would never happen.

HYPOTHETICAL. The OP wasn't asking if it WOULD happen, they were asking IF it happened, how would people react.

I don't think I'd be too happy about it, considering we're DVC members and all. I would want to know what would happen to the points I'm supposed to use each year and whether or not I'd see any money back.

I would probably take the opportunity however to travel to Japan and visit Toky Disneyland and DisneySea.

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

I would be sad. And also everyone in Orlando and the entire state of Florida would be sad because the entire economy would collapse. 70,000 CMs would be out of work.

Disney's stock would take a dive and then it would be taken over by a much smaller company. They would then fire the idiots than came up with this plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter