"I ain't settlin'" journal

Wishes n Dreams

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone:wave:
So starting tomorrow I am starting my first Body for Life 12wk challenge. I am very excited :woohoo: , but also very nervous:scared: . I just don't want to fail again. I want to finish this and be sucessful.
So a little about me. I am 26 years old and a registered nurse. I currently weigh 226 and wear a size 18-20. My goals for the 12wk challenge are to
1 lose 20lbs
2 wear a size 14 (which I have a ton of clothes in a box)
3 run 1 mile continuously
4 climb 5 flights of stairs without difficulty
5 use 15lb weights for my upper body workouts

So if you haven't heard of the Body for Life program it is a detailed program of weight lifting and exercise that, if followed, has some pretty great results. Basically you rotate between upper body, aerobic, lowerbody, aerobic, upper body etc with one day off a week. You also have a free day on eating, otherwise you should eat every 3-4 hours and have protein and good carb.
So at first I am going to try and check in several times a week with how my workout is going and any difficulties I am having. I don't think I will be charting exactly what I am eating, but who knows?
wish me luck:cheer2:

So i am soooooo proud of myself today. I got up at 0400 and did my first upper body workout, I think I will feel it tomorrow. Man, getting out of bed is definitely the hardest part, that snooze was calling my name. But I have to do it in the AM because I work 12 hr shifts and there is no way I am doing it after work. Well I need to get my food ready for the day. Hope everyone out there is doing well.
Oh and I weighed my self this AM and I am actually 227.2. so hopefully in febuary I will be 207.2 or less.

WTG! I need to start an exercise program and that sounds like a good one.

I am a big snooze person in the morning too. Alarm clocks won't work anymore so my husband just pushes me out of bed. Literally. Push push push. :D

So I got up with the alarm (well hit snooze twice) again today, early enough to do 20 min cardio, shower and watch a tivo recording.:woohoo: I felt really good today, did pretty good on my food, I went off the plan alittle because I got off early and had a egg burrito for dinner instead of two snacks of yogurt and cheese, and veggies and cheese. Not bad, at least it wasn't something forbidden, just not planned.
I am off tomorrow and am a little worried about my food, because I am a grazer, so as soon as I am done with this post I am going to plan all my meals for tomorrow and say a prayer of good luck and willpower. For exercise I am planning on weightlifting lower body and abs and since I am off I will go to the gym and do like 45min on the elliptical. Hope all is well for everyone else in WISH-land.

so today was a little rough. I got up early but got sucked into a book. It was like 5-600 pages and I started and finished this am, while being lazy in bed. But the good news is I did finally get around to doing my lower body workout and I think I am going to go play outside with my dog. When my husband gets home I think I will get him to go for a walk with me to make up for skipping the gym. all in all it could have been worse, at least I did the minimum for my work out.
Thanks for posting your support caribbeanme. I really appreciate the comments.:thanks:

So today is my free day for eating. I got up and did 30min of WATP high intensity. Then I had a burrito from taco bell, but otherwise I really haven't wanted to eat anything else bad. Of course I am headed to my friends house soon to have thanksgiving dinner, but I really just eat turkey, veggies and some mashed potatoes. Oh and I will have a slice of pecan pie that I made yesterday. Yummy. Hope everyone is enjoying Thanksgiving and sticking to their plans if they have them for today.

So today was my first setback. I didn't get up in time to exercise. I was supposed to do aerobics. Tomorrow was supposed to be my free day for exercise so I will just take today as my free day, and exercise tomorrow. I am still a little bummed and need to be extra vigilant so this doesn't become habit. I also didn't eat untill like 900 and I try to eat at like 5-6 when I have to work. But tomorrow will be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter