I am not sure this is a disability but.......

carbur

GREENDAY FAN
I have asthma problems. i will have to say that the asthma is pretty bad. i am going down to wdw in aug and i wanted to know if the heat and humidity will trigger an asthma attack, and if all of the walking will sience one of my triggers is exercise. do you also think that i should bring down my inhaler(sp)?

Thank you

Heck yeah I would bring my inhaler. It will be sweltering in Aug. Look at it this way: Wou you rather have it and not need it, or need it and not have it?

You should ALWAYS carry your inhaler if you have asthma. You wouldn't want to have a bad attack and be caught without your inhaler. It can be quite scary!

Every asthmatic has different triggers.

One of mine is heat and direct sun. Heat alone doens't do it, nor does direct sun, but in combination for me it's potentially deadly.

Take your inhaler, and discuss your trip with your doctor before you leave.

Anne

Bring everything according to your relief plan, including meds and appliances. Also, become familiar with the First Aid locations in each Park. Have fun, avoiding unneccessary risk.

My asthma is not severe, just annoying, but I always bring an inhaler on trips. I don't need it very often, but I found that in Florida, when the heat and humidity are high outside and I walk into an air conditioned building or attraction my bronchial tubes clamp down and I wheeze and cough. Sometimes I can adjust myself and sometimes I need the inhaler.

Everyone is different so talk with your doctor.

I bring my inhaler EVERYWHERE. I am actually a bit obsessive about it :blush: but I would hate to be caught without in my town. I wouldn't dare not have it in WDW! I am actually considering bringing our nebulizer too JIC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter