I am thinking of renting ECV from Disney

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Two of my friends have rented off site, and I think the logistics of having three ECVs traveling on the busses would require much patience and lost time.

However on one of our days, I have morning plans in MK, afternoon in Epcot and back to MK for Dessert Party. Can I do that switching for the one day rental price with WDW?

You can switch, IF there are ECVs available when you go to each park.

That being said, we did a trip with three ECVs and getting to and from the parks is actually the least bit of the issue, trying to keep three ECVs together in the parks can be a challenge.

But as for getting to and from the parks, just one of us would leave a little bit earlier than the other two or a little later than the other two.

On the last few days where we all three showed up at the same time, they would end up calling a second bus faster than if we showed up separately, so if we had it to do again and we would try to avoid that given the in park issues (not transportation), we would all three show up at the same time and not worry too much about it, but definitely give yourselves a bit of extra time to handle that.

Additionally, they have accessible Minnie Vans that can accommodate two ECVs, so on occasion we would send two on one of those and the other would take the bus.

Overall with just a bit of planning and leaving about 20 minutes earlier than you normally would, it doesn't cause too much of an issue.

You can switch, IF there are ECVs available when you go to each park.

That being said, we did a trip with three ECVs and getting to and from the parks is actually the least bit of the issue, trying to keep three ECVs together in the parks can be a challenge.

But as for getting to and from the parks, just one of us would leave a little bit earlier than the other two or a little later than the other two.

On the last few days where we all three showed up at the same time, they would end up calling a second bus faster than if we showed up separately, so if we had it to do again and we would try to avoid that given the in park issues (not transportation), we would all three show up at the same time and not worry too much about it, but definitely give yourselves a bit of extra time to handle that.

Additionally, they have accessible Minnie Vans that can accommodate two ECVs, so on occasion we would send two on one of those and the other would take the bus.

Overall with just a bit of planning and leaving about 20 minutes earlier than you normally would, it doesn't cause too much of an issue.

Thank you...this has given me something to thing about.

You are welcome, please PM me if you want to discuss more, there aren't many people on here who have dealt with three ECVs in one party, so I figure if I can help I will.

Two of my friends have rented off site, and I think the logistics of having three ECVs traveling on the busses would require much patience and lost time.

However on one of our days, I have morning plans in MK, afternoon in Epcot and back to MK for Dessert Party. Can I do that switching for the one day rental price with WDW?
What about swapping the ECV with one of your travel companions? If one of both is starting the day with you in NO but staying there, it can work.

I second the if available part esp for the party at end of day. also at end of day park ECV can not go past the gate it can be a long walk to the bus stop plus no where to sit while waiting for bus

You may enjoy having a scooter around the resort. With a park scooter that's out. It's cheaper to rent offsite by a lot. Also, there's no guarantee that two scooters will get on the first bus; there may be someone ahead of you. The park scooters are bigger and to me are more awkward through the ride queues. I think they run a little slower than the offsite scooters.

Transferring parks can be a challenge. You get a voucher from the park when you leave to get a scooter in the next park. Epcot has more seniors than the other parks normally; so, this can make it difficult getting a scooter there later in the day. You can be put on a waiting list, but you may be leaving for the dessert party in MK by the time one becomes available.

Yes, the park scooters are capped at about 2 MPH while Gold Mobility can do 5.8. that may not sound like a lot, but it is huge.

And the part about scooters not being available when you go back is a very real possibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter