I auditioned for Master Chef Today

Aw, I wish you would have made it. It's one of my favorite shows. Wasn't happy with this season's winner though.

I love that show. I wonder if you will be on tv when they show people trying out? Did you go head to head with someone?

Masterchef is my new favorite show! Did you actually cook today or was it an interview process? What can you tell us about the audition?

Wow - that is awesome! I'm with everybody else who are sorry you didn't get on. It would have been SO FUN to root for a "hometown hero"!!

My daughter and I loved the winner Dino.
Not the head to head stuff is consided making the show, I assume.
Though I do not think you are captive till the filming ends which from what I gather from some of the fanatics that were trying out for the fourth time, you are if you make the top 20.
THere are still more audditions I forget where though
To be honest I was surprised there were not more people auditioning.

I made a roasted squash soup with fried Sage leaves, creme fraice, and pumpkin seeds as garnish on top.
The recipe called for the creme fraice to be mixed in before applying garnish on top, but I was not sure if creme frache was not supposed to be used as, I did not prepare it so I left it dabbed in the middle. He tried it without and then with.
You have to bring dish already cooked, so everybody is packing it different ways trying to keeep things hot. They then bring people in a room fifteen at a time.
You then have 3 minutes to plate your dish. You bring dish spoon and anything you need to plate.

They try your dish and they they interview about it. They ask
you some questions I think to get a feel if you really made the dish and to gauge your general food knowledge.
That said not sure why but one of the contestants that made it for callback in th eelevator told me she did not make the dish, I was like why the heck would she tell me this, so I am guessing she wasn't to swift either.
I have to admit I would have probabbly put her through though she was pretty and very bubbly.
The group I was in, I really thought the better dishes seemed to be put through.

Last edited:
Great experience but didn't make it.
Aww, I’m sorry. Would have been fun to root for someone I “know.”

Aw, I wish you would have made it. It's one of my favorite shows. Wasn't happy with this season's winner though.
Really? I pegged them as the winner the very first episode. Very forward thinking when it comes to cooking IMO.

Aww, I’m sorry. Would have been fun to root for someone I “know.”

Really? I pegged them as the winner the very first episode. Very forward thinking when it comes to cooking IMO.
I didn't watch the most recent season(s). Truth is, I don't like it near as much now that Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot Bowles are gone. :sad1:

Great experience but didn't make it.

Were you at the try out in front of the three judges or was it a try out in your city for the chance to try out in front of the three judges. Oh and soups, have to be near perfect to get through. Sorry you didn't make it.

I didn't watch the most recent season(s). Truth is, I don't like it near as much now that Joe Bastianich and Graham Elliot Bowles are gone. :sad1:
Joe was there for the finale as one of the judges. He makes Gordon look like a big, old, ***** cat. :laughing: I really think he had a hand in the final vote. It was really only between two people, one had no business being there IMO, the cards just fell right for her. The winner though, we’ll be hearing more from him, I guarantee it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter