"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

I'm here and reading! Your MK pictures were just so gorgeous they broke my work computer, which is where I do most of my Dis-ing :)

They are amazing though! Just stunning.

I think ALL your pictures are amazing :love: I know I'm showing my age however I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "first look" thing, but I do absolutely love the one of you tapping Nathan on the shoulder. It's one of my favorites!
I know exactly how you feel about things seeming to be a blur that day lol. You remember but you don't; the day just goes by so quickly after so many long, long months of planning! The wonderful part though is that although it went by fast you have all these gorgeous pictures that captured special moments. Can't wait to see more!

Hi, friends! Just popping in to say "Hello." I just got back from a week off school for a "study break," and yet, somehow I'm still woefully behind on most of your TRs, and I still don't have another update finished for mine. Hopefully very soon! I spent my break doing a full overhaul of our condo, and we donated a few totes of things to the thrift store (which supports Big Brothers, Big Sisters,) and a few bags of clothing to an organization that sells them to raise money to fight animal abuse. I also was hired to take a few pictures of my step-sister's new baby. She's nearly 6 weeks old now, so it was a challenge to keep her quiet and sleepy long enough to get the pictures. I don't have my SD card with me at the moment, but I'll share a couple pictures when I do my next update. Finally, this morning we awoke to our first snowfall...which is difficult for me to say...in fact, when we got up this morning all I managed to tell N was that "the rain looks a little thick this morning..." Uggh. It's supposed to rain tonight and off and on the rest of the week, so I'm sure it won't be sticking around, but it's still hard to see it and think of what's to come!! A couple of winters ago we had what we called the "Snowpocalypse," and I never want to go back there again.
zzmf9CE.gif

Also, for @Raeven:
GoxcrEJ.gif

I'm here and reading! Your MK pictures were just so gorgeous they broke my work computer, which is where I do most of my Dis-ing :)

They are amazing though! Just stunning.

Thank you!! :hug: Who knew our photos had such unyielding power over technology!?

I think ALL your pictures are amazing :love: I know I'm showing my age however I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "first look" thing, but I do absolutely love the one of you tapping Nathan on the shoulder. It's one of my favorites!
I know exactly how you feel about things seeming to be a blur that day lol. You remember but you don't; the day just goes by so quickly after so many long, long months of planning! The wonderful part though is that although it went by fast you have all these gorgeous pictures that captured special moments. Can't wait to see more!

Thank you!! :hug: Yeah, I get that. The "first look" craze is pretty new, and it's definitely not for everyone. I never imagined having a first look, but when we booked the MK shoot the same morning as the wedding and we knew we'd see each other before the ceremony it made sense. I'm less traditional than a lot of people I know when it comes to small things where I don't understand the origin (like not seeing each other before the ceremony) so it didn't really bother me much that we were skipping that tradition, but I did want to document the moment we saw each other all dolled-up and excited to marry each other. :lovestruc

I am sorry you weren't 100% happy with the pictures. I think you both look incredible though. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! :hug:

Snow :) I wish we would get a least 1 good snowfall here. I love it but we don't get it often.

Snow = yuck. It's pretty when it falls softly into a nice blanket on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, or on New Year's Eve once everyone has already arrived wherever they'll be for the night. But otherwise it can stay away! ::yes:: In all reality, I don't really mind snow or being cold all that much. Sometimes it's even fun. But what I don't like is walking in slush or freezing rain, trudging through snow that makes your feet slip and is a huge leg work out, slipping on ice and getting bruises, or having to drive anywhere in bad winter weather and sometimes having to cancel something or miss school/work because mother nature decided to throw up on us! And that describes 90% of our winter experience here as adults! :rotfl:Hmmm...I sound a little bitter. :laughing:

But I hope that you get one nice surprise snowfall this year! Everyone deserves that marshmallow world feeling once in a while!

Hi Meghan I'm loving your updates, but I had to limit my quotes or you wouldn't have time for much of anything else.

Yikes early wake up. I love your makeup even if it's not exactly you, it look beautiful in your pics.

Funny story about "Matts" name

ulNc5eu.jpg

We popped over to the breezeway area under the castle next:

ihEG6wa.jpg
…and we finally got one of my favourite photos of the whole shoot! It’s hanging in our living room now, and it made the Great Balloon Caper totally worth it. Here it is:
Yes it did.
but not before taking the infamous Cinderella "shoe" photo..

I love all your pics they came out marvelous. You and N look so great together. These are my faves along with the one of you and N buy the statue in front of BOG.

I think they have the park ready in sections, and there were still people working in the areas further back.
Neat I just assumed they cleaned after park closing at night, interesting.

Hi Meghan I'm loving your updates, but I had to limit my quotes or you wouldn't have time for much of anything else.

Yikes early wake up. I love your makeup even if it's not exactly you, it look beautiful in your pics.

Thank you! :hug: You're too kind! We both definitely felt like our best selves all dolled up that morning though...at least until the sweating took over. :laughing:

I love all your pics they came out marvelous. You and N look so great together. These are my faves along with the one of you and N buy the statue in front of BOG.

Thank you! I love those ones, too. It will be so neat to go back now and have these memories whenever we go somewhere like BOG, or the Canada Pavillion, etc.

Neat I just assumed they cleaned after park closing at night, interesting.

Yeah, me too. I wouldn't be surprised if they do that also though. It's such a big place, and I'm sure after a day of guests being in the park there's always lots of resetting and cleaning to do.

Hi, again! While I'm still working away on an update, here are some cute pictures I took last week of a cute baby! This is my [step-]niece, Isabella. Her mother isn't sharing many pictures of her on Facebook because she wants to limit her online presence until Isabella is old enough to decide for herself whether she wants to be online...which I can totally respect and partially agree with...but there are no rules against sharing her with my Disfriends!

cUJ9Y09.jpg

qdD4NQQ.jpg

sTJUrz2.jpg

pn7OI5a.jpg

1ZWi9J2.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

vXSjq45.jpg

DyJUmoi.jpg

mdcthVe.jpg

Good gravy!!! Could she BE any cuter!?

I am in love with the big yawn in the red tutu. She is adorable, and your picture taking skills are awesome. You should see all Jimmy's baby pictures...at least I got him in the frame!! LOL

Good gravy!!! Could she BE any cuter!?

I am in love with the big yawn in the red tutu. She is adorable, and your picture taking skills are awesome. You should see all Jimmy's baby pictures...at least I got him in the frame!! LOL

Thank you!! :hug: I'm very much an amateur hobby photographer, but I got a few tips from Nathan's photographer sister, and I did a lot of blog-reading online. She makes it easy with how sweet she is...and also incredibly challenging with how busy and easy to rouse she is! :P

Isabella is absolutely adorable, so sweet.

Thanks! We think she's pretty cute!

She is sooooooooo cute!!:cutie:

She really is! :lovestruc

WEDDING DAY: "The Secret Garden" — couple's photos
Disney Day 3 - Part 3

There's not much text required for this update, so I'm just going to mostly do a big ole' photo dump! But after we finished at the Magic Kingdom from the last update, we loaded back up into the shuttle vehicle and drove through the MK backstage areas, back onto the normal roads, and then into backstage areas at Epcot. That's where we lost "Matt," and Amanda took over as our driver. During the drive, I snacked on a cliff bar and tried to stay awake. Then we entered the Canadian Pavilion area, and Amanda started taking our couple's photos.

Side note: originally we were scheduled to take photos as a couple following the ceremony, and we were given an included limousine to transport us to and from the ceremony. Leading up to the ceremony, I looked at our event order and realized that we would have transportation for our photo shoot anyway, so I asked if we could take that directly to the ceremony, use our guests' shuttle transportation to leave the ceremony with them, and use our limo at another time. That would mean we would arrive at Epcot early for the ceremony, and that our guests would have to wait for us to finish our photos after the ceremony in order for us to all travel back together...so I just asked if we could do our couple's photos before the ceremony...which had never occurred to any of us before. It worked perfectly! And it also meant we were slightly less sweaty in these photos than we were when we left the ceremony a couple of hours later.

Another side note: During this 30-45 minutes is also when the sun's heat was emerging in full force...and the sweatiness became a real thing. We stayed relatively "fresh" for photos, but I reached a point of serious slippery-leg-under-the-giant-dress-swimming-in-sweat situation! Too much information?? Never!! I give you all nothing but the 100% truth!

We started down below around where the Canada film is...

(Sorry in advance for how massive these photos are. I find if I resize them on imgur they're sometimes coming out kinda grainy, and I'm not super with technology, so this is what we get...)

Swolwp8.jpg

lQchF6D.jpg

MmyFIGA.jpg

Amanda asked us if we minded getting a little damp. I'm a sucker for a good picture, so I'll happily withstand pretty much any environment if you're holding a camera...

tjNjN98.jpg

The overspray from the waterfall was so dreamy. :lovestruc

Then more pathway pictures...

Q9emaSZ.jpg

XslDwXO.jpg

LfVaEPs.jpg

BZGa2Io.jpg

Then we headed over to the more "garden"/landscaped areas.

rnYEFmt.jpg

KhsWLI6.jpg

vxvJtzE.jpg

43aTQ76.jpg

gjAILuJ.jpg

tJJZdMC.jpg

5Npm6JI.jpg

qVFRcCg.jpg

I always knew the Canada pavilion was pretty beautiful, but I developed more of an appreciation after this photo session.

She photographed my bouquet, N's "prince charming" coin (which you may remember from my PTR—a gift mailed to us before the wedding from DFTW,) and a few individual portraits.

W7I3EOZ.jpg

gB99GsJ.jpg

ttgVLbi.jpg

RRtOd5s.jpg

FulglSK.jpg

o1LgcbS.jpg

Then she opened up a gate, and we were allowed to actually for real walk around in the quaint garden area that's blocked off for guests!

jhyC0cp.jpg

3w822TH.jpg

lWLkLjd.jpg

XU4bwIJ.jpg

QoiZUtb.jpg

ERrWhtj.jpg

g5g1nZx.jpg

wfpuBGx.jpg

This was one of the cool extras involved in having an Epcot wedding, because even though we only paid for one in-park shoot, we ended up getting photos in both the MK and Epcot. Our photos were limited to only Canada and none of the other WS countries, of course, but still a wonderful perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts