I can stay on points at either the Sheraton or Marriott Anaheim... Which would you

I have stayed at both and would choose the Sheraton. The rooms are bigger and the hotel is laid back and relaxing and the Koi ponds are cool. However, the main reason is transportation to the parks. Sheraton runs their own shuttle, runs on a schedule and is always on time and FREE. Marriott relies on ART. We waited over 45 minutes several times and it costs $2/per person per day. It was frustrating to have your day cut short an hour in the morning (when lines are shortest). The Marriott is newer and quite lovely, but more of a business/convention type place. Service seemed more intimate and sincere at the Sheraton. You won't regret either one. Have fun and good luck deciding. :flower:

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to hear about the Shuttle. So, we'll definitely stay at the Sheraton.

Thanks again!

I have stayed at the Marriott and the Hilton and never had any problems with the ART shuttle. We were there in August and never waited more than a couple of minutes either at the hotel or the park.

safetymom said:
I have stayed at the Marriott and the Hilton and never had any problems with the ART shuttle. We were there in August and never waited more than a couple of minutes either at the hotel or the park.

That's good to hear. I'm still staying at the Sheraton because it requires less points. Marriott just wants too many but maybe one day I'll stay there.

Tina

:cloud9: Just wanted to add in that the exterior of the Sheraton is nicely themed, so that may add a little bump to your choice.

You'll have a great time!
:)

OurDogCisco said:
That's good to hear. I'm still staying at the Sheraton because it requires less points. Marriott just wants too many but maybe one day I'll stay there.

Tina
The amount of points needed is relative. You earn 10 points per dollar when staying at a Marriott property, and 2 points per dollar when staying at a Starwood property, so 7,000 points for a free night at the Sheraton vs. a sliding scale of points at the Marriott (25,000 points for 1 night/46,000 for 2 nights/65,000 for 3 nights) might be about equivalent.

NancyIL said:
The amount of points needed is relative. You earn 10 points per dollar when staying at a Marriott property, and 2 points per dollar when staying at a Starwood property, so 7,000 points for a free night at the Sheraton vs. a sliding scale of points at the Marriott (25,000 points for 1 night/46,000 for 2 nights/65,000 for 3 nights) might be about equivalent.

Yes, it is relative because I don't earn my points from hotel stays. I have a Marriott Visa and I have an American Express Starwood account. When I make my monthly everyday charges, I only earn 1 point per $1 I charge. So, in my case, the points are earned at the same rate for both cards. I rarely stay in a hotel.

OurDogCisco said:
Yes, it is relative because I don't earn my points from hotel stays. I have a Marriott Visa and I have an American Express Starwood account. When I make my monthly everyday charges, I only earn 1 point per $1 I charge. So, in my case, the points are earned at the same rate for both cards. I rarely stay in a hotel.

We have the same credit cards! You're right...if most or all of your hotel points are earned with a credit card, then it's easier to get enough points for a free night at a Starwood hotel than a Marriott. My DH rarely stays in Starwood hotels on business but has earned many Marriott points for hotel stays, so for us the points needed are comparable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter