"I can't not go to Disney World this year! I can't!"

Golden Rose

Princess by Choice
We were afraid our son was getting a little tired of WDW. We'd been going every year, two or three times a year, since he was about 2.5. This was why we decided to buy DVC. He's only 7, and he's been to WDW something like 10 times.

About a week ago, he realized it was near the end of the year and we hadn't gone to WDW this year. (We were there a year ago for F & W last October, but haven't been since.) He started to repeat over and over, "I can't not go to Disney World this year! I can't!" And then he started crying. I explained to him that we're doing a Disney Cruise this year instead, but he kept crying and tried to explain to me that he'd been to WDW every year of his life that he could remember, and we had to go. I pointed out that we went when he was in first grade last year, and we're going in the spring when he'll still be in second grade, but he was still upset. He insisted that WDW is his favorite place on earth, and he can't not go there.

His behavior convinced me of a couple of things. 1) My son is spoiled. I'd never even been to WDW when I was his age. 2) He's definitely not tired of WDW. 3) I've completely infected him with my love of WDW.

The worst part of it is that I have really missed going to WDW this year, too, and that I wish I could humor him!

You are obviously an evil parent for only doing a cruise, or at least that is what mine would have said when they were 7 if I had done the same thing. The adverse effects of spoiling are greatly exaggerated. My two oldest spoiled ones (daughters) are now respectively the CEO of a company and a lawyer in a top firm, and both still go to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter