I can't tell if we've landed...Spring Break 2018 with Grammy and the teens-UPDATE 9/30

APRIL 14, 2018
I REALLY JUST CAME FOR THE MUG

Who would have thought I'd start out and end my day looking for, of all things, mugs? More about that later. First, here's the mug I got this morning at DHS since I forgot to post a pic before:
enhance

Isn't it cute? :lovestruc

After a couple hour break, we started heading back to EPCOT, via the monorail:
enhance

enhance

After 8 days of walking, my poor mom was beat. Because of this, Nicholas went on ahead of us and she and I walked over to the boat launch in EPCOT. I wanted to save her some walking since we had to get all the way to Japan. Unfortunately, we JUST missed a boat and I didn't realize it would take so long for the next one. Nicholas was getting aggravated waiting for us but by the time we realized that it was going to take such a long time, we could see the boat coming so just stuck it out and waited.
enhance

Here's where we were heading:
enhance

Grammy and I finally arrived at Teppan Edo a good 20 minutes past the ADR time, but they still allowed us to check-in and it was just a short time before we were seated.

This was Nicholas' request for dinner. He loves hibachi and thought this was our chance since Allie wasn't with us. I've eaten here once before this and thought it was okay, but it's not my favorite kind of food. It is a fun experience though :goodvibes

Nicholas explaining to my mom what hibachi is :laughing:

enhance

We all got our little salads. You guys know how much I love salad, but this is definitely not my favorite…all iceberg lettuce and a sweet dressing. I ate it, but I didn't love it:
enhance

Our chef this evening:
enhance

She was adorable:

Noodles and rice:
enhance

Our chicken cooking:
enhance

I thought it was so funny that Nicholas was eating with chopsticks since I have no idea how to use them!
enhance

We finished up and didn't really stick around in EPCOT too long after that. We wanted to get out of there before Illuminations started and ended so we wouldn't get hung up in the crowds. It's funny, they just announced that Illuminations will be ending next summer and I am not really all that sad about it. I've seen it a couple times but I haven't felt the need to stay and watch it since 2016.
I'm excited to see what will replace it. Are any of you sad to see it go?

This could be such a pretty shot, but people were in the way so it's kind of off-center.
enhance

A pink SSE:
enhance

enhance

enhance

Here comes our monorail:
enhance

We monorailed back, but instead of staying on until we reached BLT, I had to make a stop at the Poly.
Grammy and Nicholas went back to BLT without me.

As I was walking to the Poly, HEA started :love:
enhance

My view wasn't the greatest so I didn't stop and watch for very long. I was heading to
enhance

If you read my last TR, you know that Mike loves tiki mugs. I had been looking for something to bring him back all week, but since I never found anything I thought he would love, I decided to stop and get him the one thing I knew he would, a tiki mug.

When I walked into Trader Sam's, the hostess sent me out to the outside terrace to get my mug. I waited at the bar and asked for my mug and the bartenders were so nice, but they were kind of insisting that it came with the drink. I kept refusing, but they kept insisting and I finally asked if they could just give the drink to someone else or could they drink it themselves. They finally agreed and I got my mug and left. Maybe I'm the weirdo for going to a bar and not wanting the drink, but I was by myself and had a lot to do when I got back to BLT since we were checking out the next day.
I think a drink would have knocked me out since I'm such a lightweight.

Here's the mug that caused me so much trouble to get:
enhance

Mike was very happy with it and we have something of a collection now. We can't wait to get a couple more in October!

Once the mug issue was squared away, I was finally on my way back to BLT on the monorail,
where I could see the Electric Water Parade from my window:
enhance

enhance

Back in the room, we all just packed up and got ready to check-out the next day :sad:

Last edited:
I love Van Morrison and Tupelo Honey!

Your daughter looks so cute in her dance attire, your son looks thrilled to be the center of attention now:rotfl:

I collect all the You are here mugs from Starbucks. I have all 4 parks now, one from Madrid, and NYC. Now I see the park ones are all different again, oh boy, I will have to get those ones eventually!:hyper:

Grammy and Nicholas walked straight to the boat launch
Love that boat between DHS/Epcot

Afterwards, I wanted to get some nice pics at WS, but instead I got:
...........................ATTITUDE

Oh my what large breast :P

I'm excited to see what will replace it. Are any of you sad to see it go?
No I'm along with ya sister

They finally agreed and I got my mug and left. Maybe I'm the weirdo for going to a bar and not wanting the drink, but I was by myself and had a lot to do when I got back to BLT since we were checking out the next day.
I had the Krakatoa Punch that came in this mug in December and it was delicious even better than the Lapu LApu, we paid extra to keep the mug.

Trust me, I would REALLY love to. I don't think the timing is great for me, though :sad: We get back from our cruise 4/13…I would literally be flying back 20 days later…it sounds crazy…even to me o_O But I still keep thinking, well….maybe :scratchin :rotfl:
We will most likely be getting back from DL on 4/21 and there's a possibility I'll be going on a cruise out of PC 5/9, so if I go to WDW 5/2-6 like I'm planning I'll come home from CA, go to FL 11 days later, come back to NY for two days and then fly right back to FL! What I'm saying is, you should come :thumbsup2

I understand your sadness when Allie left :( The year Chris and I went down a couple days before Ricky and Steve were nice in a way, since I got to spend time with just him, but I really missed my Ricky. Oh and Steve too lol!
Cool that you got to try places Allie wouldn't eat at though!

Love that Tiki mug :goodvibes

I LOVE the Electrical Water Parade. It never gets old, no matter how many times I've seen it...

Me too :lovestruc

I collect all the You are here mugs from Starbucks. I have all 4 parks now, one from Madrid, and NYC. Now I see the park ones are all different again, oh boy, I will have to get those ones eventually!:hyper:

I got the Disney Springs one, too. But it's not really DS, it just says "Florida," but it's cute. I did hear about the new ones, so here I go again!

...........................ATTITUDE

:laughing: So THAT'S what that is!

Oh my what large breast :P

They are :rotfl:

I had the Krakatoa Punch that came in this mug in December and it was delicious even better than the Lapu LApu, we paid extra to keep the mug.

Where were you in April? I would have given you this one! Maybe I'll actually try the drink in October :scratchin

We will most likely be getting back from DL on 4/21 and there's a possibility I'll be going on a cruise out of PC 5/9, so if I go to WDW 5/2-6 like I'm planning I'll come home from CA, go to FL 11 days later, come back to NY for two days and then fly right back to FL! What I'm saying is, you should come :thumbsup2

First, stop telling me you're going to DL…between that and your amazing GF upgrade, I don't know if we can be friends anymore, I'm too jealous! (JKyou KNOW I can't wait to hear ALL about it!)

Also, when you say it that way, what the heck am I worried about? Except that Steve is going with you and I kind of feel guilty leaving Mike for a second trip so soon. And he won't fly, so he can't just do a quick weekend getaway :sad2:

Me and @kastoney have a little time to decide since the ADRs need to be made by October 23rd. I keep going back and forth, but I love your logic so don't give up on me just yet!

And finally, how awesome you're maybe going on a cruise! Which ship??

but I really missed my Ricky. Oh and Steve too lol!

Of course :rotfl2:

Last edited:

Enjoying your report! Thanks for sharing a picture of the mug...was going to harass you about not having a picture after I read the first part of this installment. :) And being the mom of a now 24 year old boy, I was really amused by the teenage boy sneer picture you got...I have several of those in my collection also, lol

I fell way behind - needed a little break after our trip - but am all caught back up again and totally wanting some Japanese steakhouse for some inexplicit reason :-)

Thanks for sharing a picture of the mug...was going to harass you about not having a picture after I read the first part of this installment.

Phew! I'm glad I remembered :-)

And being the mom of a now 24 year old boy, I was really amused by the teenage boy sneer picture you got...I have several of those in my collection also, lol

Please tell me it gets better! :scared:

I fell way behind - needed a little break after our trip - but am all caught back up again and totally wanting some Japanese steakhouse for some inexplicit reason :-)

Gee, I can't imagine why!

Welcome back! I can't wait till you start your dining report :P

Hello! Just a quick Pre-Trip update for anyone who cares :P We leave in 22 days!!:cool1:

If you read our pre-trip plans, we had scheduled MNSSHP for Tuesday 10/16 and TSL EMM for 10/17. This wasn't sitting well with me because I didn't want to be worrying about getting up super early the next day while we were at MNSSHP. I knew I had to change one or the other, so I called the other day and changed our MNSSHP to Thursday 10/18. I think it's costing us $10 more but it's worth it so I won't be worrying now.

This means that for 10/16 we will still go to MK. I changed our lunch to LTT at 2:15 after writing about it here, I think Mike will love it since Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday :-)

After lunch, we will probably head back to the Poly and situate ourselves in the room and maybe head over to Trader Sam's since Mike keeps asking me when we are going there. Might as well get it out of the way the first night and then if we get back a second time, it'll be a bonus :thumbsup2 I don't know if we will head to DS after or just hang at the resort. I think it'll depend on how much time we spend at TS. And it's not like we have to get to bed by 9, but I'm happy we won't be staying out till 1, or so.

Another thing I did was make a reservation for the Marceline to the MK tour on 10/18 at 8am. We both loved the KTTK tour last year and wanted to try a different one. I hear this one gives us a sneak peek behind the scenes of the Haunted Mansion, so I am really excited about that!:banana: I also switched our FP this day to the MK since we will be attending MNSSHP this night. It just seemed stupid to go to MK, DHS, and then back to MK, thought we will most likely take a mid-day break this day.

These are the biggest changes, though I think I swapped around some FP times, too.

Anyway, back to the TR!

APRIL 15, 2018
TIME TO BE TURNIN' AROUND

Yup…our last day :sad:

We spent the morning packing up:
enhance

enhance

I got our Owners Locker ready and locked to be safely stored for our next trip. See you in 22 days :wave2:

enhance

We cleaned up a bit, loaded and started the dishwasher and eventually made our way out.

enhance

enhance

Good-bye, 7412:
enhance

After we went to the RAC, we headed, where else?

enhance

I had been walking by these trees all week and loved them so I finally remembered to get a pic:
enhance

We were just enjoying the sights and sounds of the MK, knowing we wouldn't see it again for a while :sad1:

We started off in the Emporium, and while we were poking around in there I heard the Trolley show starting so I went outside to watch. It's funny how when we aren't rushing from attraction to attraction, we actually see and experience things we don't usually stick around for. I find that our last day is usually good for this since we have already seen and done everything
and are the most relaxed.
enhance

enhance

I love this song and listen to it in my car sometimes on the way to work while envisioning myself walking into the MK. Sometimes it's the only thing that gets me through the day :faint: Also, if I were going to do anything in the MK (in my dreams, of course),
I would love to do this!
It's right up my alley.
So if you ever see an old lady sitting in her Honda Odyssey singing at the top of her lungs,

just move along and let her have her moment :rotfl:

I ended up getting a mystery pin for myself:

enhance

enhance

(Sorry for the weird palm close-up-I should have put him down on something!)

He's not what I really would have wanted but he's cute. I hope they still have these because I'd like to get a couple more.

Along with all these fine folks, we headed to Jungle Cruise:
enhance

enhance

Afterwards, Nicholas was hungry and got himself some chicken nuggets and fries from I don't remember where…Pecos Bill's, maybe?? Or the Outpost?

enhance

After that, Nicholas headed off to ride…something…and Grammy and I took a scenic trip around the MK:
enhance

Whatever it was he went on, I got this Snapchat:

enhance

:rotfl:

Meanwhile, we were just enjoying our relaxing train ride:
enhance

I think Grammy was maybe a little TOO relaxed :laughing:

enhance

I shook her awake and we got off in FL:
enhance

Then we met Nicholas over at Splash to get thrown once more into the Briar-Patch:
enhance

enhance

Allie and some of the other dance moms were sending me pics of her comp all morning and I was kind of sad that I was missing it. I guess I don't know how people feel about me posting their kid's pics, so I blurred their faces…It ends up looking super creepy :scared1::rotfl2:

enhance

enhance

enhance

Not really having much left to do, and feeling like we had done it all, we meandered our way through the MK,
heading towards our lunch ADR.

This was the hub at 1:50, it was not crowded at all.
enhance

enhance

Can you guess where our lunch was? Here's a hint:

enhance

You'd be correct if you guessed,

enhance

Yup. I had to get my Fried Green Tomato Sandwich, because they just don't have those here in CT.

Grammy checked out her Facebook while these two waitresses laughed at her :laughing:
enhance

We were seated before long, and checked out the menu even though I already knew what I was getting:
enhance

Behold :worship::worship::worship:
enhance

I guess I was too enthralled with my own sandwich, I don't even bother getting a pic of anyone else's ::yes::

We all got some ice cream cones for dessert :love:
enhance

We had a very nice lunch and were feeling pretty happy,
enhance

until someone had the bright idea of checking the weather on their phone:
enhance

Yikes! We were really in for it and decided to beat it out of there and get back to BLT before it hit.

Also, I know it rains every day in FL, but there were serious crazy storms up and down the East Coast and being that we were supposed to fly out later, I was just starting to get a little nervous and I was kicking myself for not going home on Friday with Allie.

We decided to head back to BLT and wait out the storms there…let's see if that ends up being a good decision!

Hello! Just a quick Pre-Trip update for anyone who cares :P We leave in 22 days!!:cool1:
WOOHOO!!!!!! So excited for you

It's funny how when we aren't rushing from attraction to attraction, we actually see and experience things we don't usually stick around for. I find that our last day is usually good for this since we have already seen and done everything
and are the most relaxed.
enhance
Don't you just love days like this. I always say we are going to do that and then between Casey wanting to ride stuff and me being obsessed with getting additional FP's it rarely actually happens. That has gotta change. I haven't seen trolley in years.

So if you ever see an old lady sitting in her Honda Odyssey singing at the top of her lungs,
just move along and let her have her moment :rotfl:
I'll only know its you if you are in the old timey clothes too :-)

Meanwhile, we were just enjoying our relaxing train ride:
enhance
Another thing I need to do more of. Every time we try and catch the train it always seems to be down.

I guess I don't know how people feel about me posting their kid's pics, so I blurred their faces…It ends up looking super creepy :scared1::rotfl2:

enhance
Allie looks great, but creepy indeed! :P

This was the hub at 1:50, it was not crowded at all.
enhance
Wow! And this is April????? I'm clearly not going at the right time.

enhance

I guess I was too enthralled with my own sandwich, I don't even bother getting a pic of anyone else's ::yes::
Yum! Yum! Yum! I almost tried this on our last trip but wasn't very hungry and went another direction. Having serious order envy now.

enhance

Yikes! We were really in for it and decided to beat it out of there and get back to BLT before it hit.
Yikes! That looks serious.

First of all, how ridiculous is it that I didn't know you were writing this TR when I knew full well you went on the darn trip!!! Ugh, smh!!

Anyway, I have been binging along and finally finished reading the whole thing. At least I made it here before you left for home :)

I feel like that was a good move change you MNSSHP night so it isnt back to back with TSL EMM! I imagine you'll feel way more rested this way!

And yikes! Those are some crazy storms rolling in, I hope it didnt delay you going home!

Yay trip countdown at 22 days!

I hope you enjoy the MNSSHP, we did!

I have the Plaza lined up for our trip in March, a perfect spot!

Enjoyed your TR, sad to see it end soon. I hope the storms didn’t delay you all!

Another thing I need to do more of. Every time we try and catch the train it always seems to be down.

That's not looking good for next May, either. I think It's going down for a long time with this Tron coaster going in :sad:

Wow! And this is April????? I'm clearly not going at the right time.

We love April, as long as it's not the week before or after Easter :flower1:

First of all, how ridiculous is it that I didn't know you were writing this TR when I knew full well you went on the darn trip!!! Ugh, smh!!

Anyway, I have been binging along and finally finished reading the whole thing. At least I made it here before you left for home :)

No worries! You're here just in time!

I feel like that was a good move change you MNSSHP night so it isnt back to back with TSL EMM! I imagine you'll feel way more rested this way!

I feel way better about it, even though I think I would have liked to go to the party on our first night. Such hard decisions to make!

And yikes! Those are some crazy storms rolling in, I hope it didnt delay you going home!

Ugh :sad2:

I have the Plaza lined up for our trip in March, a perfect spot!

I didn't realize you were going in March. Is that Andi's Spring Break?

APRIL 15, 2018
TIME TO BE TURNIN' AROUND-PART 2

After seeing what was heading towards us, we made a rather hasty exit out of the MK, and walked back to BLT for the last time.
enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We were thinking about going over to The CR and waiting somewhere on the 4th floor, but we decided to sit in the little recreation area on the ground floor of BLT. It was fairly empty and there were plenty of chairs for us. There were televisions playing movies and there were game consoles, plus some board games and books. We just kind of sat and relaxed.
I downloaded all of of our Photopass pictures while we waited.
Grammy might have napped :P
enhance

enhance

While we were in there the rain started coming down in buckets! I was sitting next to a door that leads out to the back of BLT and it was so windy that it kept blowing open. The CMs kept having to go over and try to keep it closed. So while this was definitely not as fun as spending another couple hours in the MK, I was glad we left when we did.

AT 6:30, we went out front to wait for the DME.
They had a stack of towels in the BLT lobby and I went in to grab a couple to dry off the bench…
enhance

A short while later, we were on our way to MCO with another trip in the books.

enhance

enhance

Of course, with all these storms our flight was delayed.
enhance

We were happy to see it was only a 30 minute delay, though I was super anxious at this point because I was talking to the kids' dad on the phone and he was saying how many flights in and out of BDL were getting cancelled because we were getting some really awful weather in CT.

We did indeed board at 10:05

enhance

and took off at 10:30

enhance

And that's the last pic I have because the plane ride was SOOOOOOOOO scary. With all the terrible weather,
the turbulence was just awful and at one point we dropped so much I thought that was it :scared1:
I'm a semi-nervous flyer…I don't love it but I don't normally freak out about it, but this was super scary.
We were all so happy when we landed!

But then we had another challenge facing us…it was snowing and freezing rain in Hartford and the roads were treacherous.
BDL is about a 30 minute drive from my house but it ended up taking almost an hour because the roads were so bad and I had to drive so slow. I think we got home a little after 2 am and I was never so happy to see my house!

Of course, the whole time I was kicking myself for not leaving on Friday with Allie.
Live and learn, though, right?
We still had an AMAZING trip with a lot of fun and laughter and very little drama.

Nicholas is a senior this year and we have a big trip booked for April since that may very well be our last Spring Break trip for a long time because his and Allie's schedules won't match. We are going to WDW for three nights,
followed by a cruise on the Fantasy for seven nights to the Eastern Caribbean.
This is definitely checking off a bucket list item for me, as I have always wanted to got to the Eastern
Caribbean.
The kids are excited about it because they love DCL and love all the freedom they have on the ship.
This will be the last time Nicholas is allowed in the Vibe, so that's another big reason we are doing this.

Thanks to everyone who followed along with me and commented!

Last edited:
Wow, you really went through it to get home but glad you all made it home safely. Thanks for sharing another awesome report with us. Glad to hear you'll be back again soon (and then again soon after that). We've still not done a cruise and I'm a bit on the fence about when/in to do one so I'm looking forward to seeing how a week goes for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter