I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

August 7th - Cape May Cafe & DHS!

This morning we left our room a little before 9am. I loved the view from the elevators!

We were headed to the Beach Club for breakfast at Cape May Cafe! S and I went here together a few years back and I loved it so much so I was excited for us to go back!

We were seated pretty much right away and I was all too happy to grab my first plate! And I was excited to see not only Mickey waffles but Minnie waffles too!

I was a little disappointed they've gotten rid of the crepe station, but I couldn't complain! Everything was so tasty!

And we had a great time with the characters!

I really love this breakfast. It's not as hectic as others and the food is really good!

After breakfast we did a little shopping off property before heading back to the hotel. I took some pics of the Lion King section on our way to our room.

When we got back to the hotel S surprised me with the news that that evening we would be attending a preview of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!! To say I freaked out is an understatement :bounce:

So we got ourselves ready and headed over to DHS! I got to see the skyliners moving which was cool!

Click for video!

We had some time before our preview so we went to Launch Bay to meet BB-8! It was my first time meeting him - so cute!

After that we decided to check out the new Lightning McQueen Racing Academy show. I took zero photos LOL but it was a cute show and a nice break from the heat! We then went to see MuppetVision 3D, always a favorite of mine!

When we got out, it was absolutely POURING!

Click for video!

But we had a preview to get to! So I donned my poncho and off we went!

Up next...SWGE Preview!

Minnie waffles! I've never seen those - how fun! I've yet to have a meal at Cape May Café but I'd love to get there someday!

Doesn't it always seem like the skies open up just before you need to get somewhere?! Thank goodness for ponchos!

Love the picture from your elevator! So pretty!!

OMG those Minnie waffles are adorable!! So cute! Looks like a nice chill and fun breakfast!

Can't wait to hear about your preview!

What a fun breakfast, the Minnie waffles are so cute! I have only had Mickey and Simba waffles!

I hope the rain stops for your preview!

That picture of AoA from the elevators is great! The resort so inviting. And empty! Really makes me want to walk around there again and soak up the fun atmosphere.

What an awesome surprise! This sounds like it was a really fun trip so far.

48913692892_7fa092a84f.jpg

Such an awesome view! I love the theming at this resort.

And I was excited to see not only Mickey waffles but Minnie waffles too!

How cute! That's a nice little treat!

This is adorable. You both look lovely!

When we got back to the hotel S surprised me with the news that that evening we would be attending a preview of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!! To say I freaked out is an understatement :bounce:

Oh my goodness, that must have been so exciting! Looking forward to hearing about your preview!

I was a little disappointed they've gotten rid of the crepe station, but I couldn't complain! Everything was so tasty!

And we had a great time with the characters!
I keep hearing a lot of good things about this one. I guess it is a bit off the beaten path as far as character breakfasts go, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!
When we got back to the hotel S surprised me with the news that that evening we would be attending a preview of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!! To say I freaked out is an understatement
Awesome!!!!
But we had a preview to get to! So I donned my poncho and off we went!
So it rains on Batuu? Good to know! :thumbsup2

Minnie waffles! I've never seen those - how fun! I've yet to have a meal at Cape May Café but I'd love to get there someday!

Doesn't it always seem like the skies open up just before you need to get somewhere?! Thank goodness for ponchos!

I've only ever done breakfast but I really love it!

YES! And of course when it's somewhere important!

Love the picture from your elevator! So pretty!!

OMG those Minnie waffles are adorable!! So cute! Looks like a nice chill and fun breakfast!

Can't wait to hear about your preview!

Thank you!

I was so happy to see Minnie get her own waffles! It's definitely a chill character breakfast!

I have never seen Minnie Waffles before! I love it.

They were so cute!

What a fun breakfast, the Minnie waffles are so cute! I have only had Mickey and Simba waffles!

I hope the rain stops for your preview!

It was my first time seeing Minnie ones- about time she got her own!

This is a great character breakfast!!!

Your character pics are so cute.

I can't wait to hear what you think!!! I wasn't that impressed but I'll give it another shot in January... 😬

It's one of my faves!

Thank you!

That is a great view from the elevators! You can't help but love all the characters at that hotel.

Thank you! I love the decor at AoA!

That picture of AoA from the elevators is great! The resort so inviting. And empty! Really makes me want to walk around there again and soak up the fun atmosphere.

What an awesome surprise! This sounds like it was a really fun trip so far.

Thanks! It's such a great resort to explore- so much to see! The Cars section is my fave because it feels like you are really in Radiator Springs!

It really was a fantastic trip!

Such an awesome view! I love the theming at this resort.

How cute! That's a nice little treat!

This is adorable. You both look lovely!

Oh my goodness, that must have been so exciting! Looking forward to hearing about your preview!

Me too! It's so fun and just screams DISNEY!

It was such a fun breakfast!

SOO exciting! Hopefully will be posting about it soon!

I keep hearing a lot of good things about this one. I guess it is a bit off the beaten path as far as character breakfasts go, but I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Awesome!!!!
So it rains on Batuu? Good to know! :thumbsup2

It's definitely one of the less talked about character meals! Which isn't a bad thing..it's less hectic than your typical ones. And the food is really good!

:rotfl: yeah, unfortunately Batuu experiences the same weather as here on Earth :confused3 Ponchos and umbrellas still needed there!

I wanted a little snack so decided to try the lost princess cone! I love lemon flavored things and this hit the spot!

:love: Tell me more about this!!! Where do I get one? I need all the Rapunzel things when we go in February!! Somehow I have missed hearing about this!

Before we headed out for the night, I stopped at Casey's Corner because I HAD to buy the Mickey celebration sipper! I'm not usually one to buy special popcorn buckets or sippers, but I thought this one was so cute and felt like it would make a cute dislay on my dresser! (And I was right, it does!)

Oh my gosh, I went a little nuts to get one of these sippers because they are SO SO SO CUTE! I was texting all kinds of people I knew that were going to WDW and asking them to pick us up one and I could PayPal them the money. We ended up getting one, and then they had them on the ship when we did our DCL cruise! :rotfl:

Minnie waffles!!! How adorable!

:love: Tell me more about this!!! Where do I get one? I need all the Rapunzel things when we go in February!! Somehow I have missed hearing about this!

Oh my gosh, I went a little nuts to get one of these sippers because they are SO SO SO CUTE! I was texting all kinds of people I knew that were going to WDW and asking them to pick us up one and I could PayPal them the money. We ended up getting one, and then they had them on the ship when we did our DCL cruise! :rotfl:

Minnie waffles!!! How adorable!

Yes you NEED to try this! It's sold at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland! It's lemon flavored and sooo good!

Omg how funny that they ended up having them on the cruise! :rotfl: but at least you got one!

Aren't they so cute?!

This is such a cute pic! And I love your purple wall shots, too :thumbsup2

:hyper::hyper::hyper: I can't even imagine!!! I know how excited I was and I knew I was going - I can't imagine it just being a surprise like that!

August 7th - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Preview!

Now that SWGE has officially opened the hype has died down, but being able to see the land before it opened was so special and exciting!

Seeing the MF was of course amazing!! And pictures in front of it were first priority!

We then went to ride Smugglers Run. I think we only waited 15 minutes before boarding.

We were both gunners and it was a lot of fun!

When we got off the rain had died down so we decided to walk around a little.

We came across the coke bottles stand and I just had to have myself one, despite how overpriced they are!

After some exploring, we decided to do SR again! This time we got to be pilots! So stressful but a lot of fun! And we didn't crash!

When we got off we saw Chewie hanging out!

August 7th - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Preview! (Part 2)

We were getting hungry so we decided to check out Docking Bay 7. The line seemed long but it did move fast. I went with the kids chicken dish.

It was really tasty and I loved the mac and cheese!

The sun was starting to go down and it was a perfect time for pictures!

The milk stand line went from being super long to non existant, so we headed there to pick up some milk- something I was really looking forward to! I went with blue while S went with green. I know they get a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed both of them!

We walked around some more, looking in the shops and the droid depot.

I ended up buying one of the litle Yodas from the Toydarian Toyshop.

It was getting dark out so we decided to do one last ride on SR where we were gunners again. And my mind was blown when I realized the time of day on the ride matches the time of day outside!

When we got off, the park was officially closed but we stopped to take a few more pictures. I thought it was so cool the way the moon was perfectly placed above the MF!

We made our way out of the park while the SW fireworks were going on. We got back to our room close to 11pm. We were exhausted but it was such an awesome day! I felt so lucky to be able to enjoy Galaxy's Edge with such low crowds!

What a great preview of SWGE!! (Even with a bit of rainy weather that day.) It looks like you had a lot of fun. I really like your little Yoda plush!

What an excellent evening in SWGE! I must admit that my excitement for this new land is somewhat mixed (I've seen all the movies, but I'm not really a Star Wars fan), but it does look very cool and immersive. It is excellent that you got to ride Smuggler's Run three times! I'd not heard that the view changes depending upon time of day, so that is a neat tidbit!

I'm glad you liked the milk! I'd certainly be willing to try it but it would be a bummer to spend so much for something that I may or may not like. (That won't stop me from overspending to get the souvenir bottle of Coke, though! :laughing: ) I know you said you liked both of them, but did you prefer one over the other?

I love all your pictures in the land. You looked so happy to be there!

Now that SWGE has officially opened the hype has died down, but being able to see the land before it opened was so special and exciting!
There was def something about getting to go in before everyone that made it extra special for sure!

We came across the coke bottles stand and I just had to have myself one, despite how overpriced they are!

They are, but if you are saving the bottle as a soveigner it isn't too bad...

When we got off we saw Chewie hanging out!

We have still yet to see Chewie out and about.

We made our way out of the park while the SW fireworks were going on. We got back to our room close to 11pm. We were exhausted but it was such an awesome day! I felt so lucky to be able to enjoy Galaxy's Edge with such low crowds!
So lucky! Glad the weather wasn't too bad for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter