• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Get To GO!!!!!

DISLOVE

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I am so excited I can't even stand myself! After my husband convinced me (well, he got close..) that we couldn't
afford to go to Disney again this year, I proved him wrong!

Using Mousesavers.com, I got an amazing deal! I got eight nights at the AS Music for $49 each... and on Travelocity I
got round trip Delta tickets for $190 each (Boston to Orlando!)

My DH was floored that I managed to plan the whole thing (except for food) for under $1500.... he looked at me and said,
"I can't think of any reason not to go..." And, as you can imagine I was on the phone with CRO before he even finished
his thought!!!!

YEAH!!!!!

<Breathe> <Breathe>

Now I have to start planning ways to eat well but very very cheap! Anyone have any ideas? :)

Thanks, in advance, for any tips you can offer!

Kristy

Have a ball!!! One suggestion i have is, since you probably dont have a fridge in your room there (maybe you do ..im not sure) but eat a bigger breakfast and a late lunch..we find its easy to cut out that one meal a day when on vaca. Get some snacks to keep in the room and take bottles of water in the park with you so you dont have to pay for sodas and such.

Take the money out of your home food budget. Every week try new ways to cut down on your grocery bill : buy frozen ground turkey instead of more beefy beef prices, cut out convenience foods, try generic brands, eat meat only 4-5 times per week.

Go to resturants at WDW with bigger portions and split them with hubby or child. Check out the menus at Deb Will's site.

http://www.wdwig.com

Do a search here of ways to save money for your trip.

Don't forget your tax refund.

I'm so glad for you.

I wish I could get up the nerve to go with just dh, kids would be SOOOOO mad (forever too).

When are you going? How many of you are going?

We average $50/month by saving change. That can really help a lot. For me, DH, and 3 DS's under 12, a character breakfast is around $60 and usually will allow us to skip lunch.

Do you have the time/esire to have a yard sale? That can easily give you $150+ to add to your food budget.

Check out the rewards board. By using milesource.com I have earned enough gift certificates to cover a meal for my whole family at Rainforest Cafe and another at Planet Hollywood.

I hope these ideas help.

Have a Great Time!

Ah Buffets!
Chef Mickey's, Character Breakfast and Dinner,
Dinner menu Prime rib,turkey, fish, peel and eat shrimp, large salad bar, great veggie at Contemporary.

Wispering Canyon, family style, bring it to the table... Chicken, flank steak, turkey leg, pork rib. at WL. Non-meat eater can eat fish special like Salmon.

Crystal palace MK Cold and Hot buffet.Outstanding

MGM Holleywood & Vine great salad bar,deserts like red velvet cake, sweet potatoes in root beer sauce, rotissery turkey. Minnie and Goofy in Formal Attire!

Seafood, Clam Bake at Cape May at BC peel and eat shrimp, fish, Clams, mussels, corn on thecob, outstanding ribs, clam chowder.... deserts area about ten feet long with cakes, pies, cobblers, specialty pastries.

GF 1900, Prime rib, fish, strawberry soup

Buffets at Norway and Germany in Epcot.

Spoodles Sunday brunch!

Mediterranean dishes pasta/ brick oven pizza fresh from the oven/ fresh baked breads & pastries/breakfast pan omelet with Mediterranean ingredients/ mimosa or Champaign. great gourmet salads with yellow tomatoes, red/yellow peppers artichokes bagels salmon cream cheese, but the gourmet deserts are outrageous chocolate cheese cakes/blueberry tauts
all serve yourself so you can taste everytingy, lots, Rich coffee.........oatmeal cooked with cinnamon.

Strolling accordion player takes your request and he is a Maestro

I am getting hungry......it is a must for every WDW vacation for us! AH buuuuuuuffeeeeeeeetssssssss!

Been there, done 'em all, I went back in May!
All buffets, Ah buffets!

:p :p :p Im so happy for you!!!!Take money out of household food allowance and budget from there,you eat wether your home or not ,right?:smooth:

Cobb salad at rainforest cafe $12 will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney. at downtown disney and AK

Cobb salad (orginal recipe) brown derby at MGM $17 will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney.

Most of the sit down restaurants on disney, the single portion will feed 2 normal people or one deputy disney.

Do lunch at the buffet in norway/Epcot $12 etc. make that the big meal of the day.

You can do it inexpensively by sharing and careful planning of lunches.

All the CM at the restaurant are working people and understand the need for budget!!!!!!

You will have a great time, too!

Here's another tip. Go to one of the more expensive restaurants, even at dinner time, but order appetizers and maybe soup, or veggie of the day to go with it. Often, there is an appetizer version of one of the more popular entrees of that restaurant. Fill up on bread that comes with meal and forgo soft drinks. Ask for water and lemon or lime wedge to add a kick to it. (You can't get enough water while at WDW, anyway.) And I've heard of people requesting the lunch version of popular dish at dinner.

yipeeeeeeeeee i thought the same thing for myself this year , but i usually stay offsite and this year we get the extra tax return yipeeeeeee i also save my change , im planning my trip for dec.

WOO HOO!! So glad you get to go back! Have a wonderful time!!
I agree w/ those that said to eat out at buffets. Always a money saver.

pack lunches... bring canned food with you. A nice tuna/chicken salad sandwich is easy to make and a lovely lunch.

Macaroni and Cheese!!! Do you have a hot plate? This is a simple but filling dish... just stop for milk and butter at a grocery along the way. If you do have a hot plate, spaghetti is also easy to make, filling, and relatively easy to pack.

A crock pot!!!! Prepare meals ahead of time and freeze them and throw em in a cooler. Put the frozen prepared meal in the crock pot on low before you go to the parks and when you get back to your room you'll have a warm meal ready and waiting for you. Make sure to keep a good supply of ice in your cooler so the meals don't unthaw too quickly.

I got the $49 rate at the ASM by visiting the mousesavers.com website. There are several codes listed there
and I just looked for one that was for the right time frame and then used the code when calling WDW travel.
Have fun!
Kristy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter