I got a great deal on e-Bay

ripleysmom

Lucas and Ripley's mom!
I posted this on the CB but figured I'd post it here cause everyone here is looking for a good deal

Apparently there is a restaurant website called Restaurant.com. They have a whole bunch of gift certificates for different restaurants listed on e-Bay (none for Orlando though :( ). Anyway, I won a $25 gift certificate for a restaurant that I go to with friends from my old job pretty frequently. I got it for $10!! I don't think a lot of people know about this but it was pretty easy and all of their feedback has been positive...

You guys might want to check it out....

Wow...sounds great. I am heading over there to check it out.

I saw all those gift certificates and I had never heard of any of those restaurants!

I checked it out and in my area of NY there are many restuarants that are just down the block from my house, any time I can pay $10 and get a $25 GC, I jump at it. The Mexican Restuarant in Huntington NY is supposed to be ery good, but with GC I will definitely try them out.

Good for you. I'm glad everything worked out. Ebay scares me, I've heard too many horror stories.

Biyanna, I use ebay all the time. Out of about 70 times that I bought things, only once have I been disappointed. I paid for (of all things) the "Everything Guide to Disney" from some chick in New York and I never heard from her again. I was out $8. But that is the only thing. I don't buy a lot of big ticket items and I get some great deals. Just FYI.

I tend to have a very skeptical nature, but I love ebay! I just make sure to check the feedback carefully. I don't generally buy from people unless their feedback shows them to be reputable. Our daughter shows horses, and I have saved a fortune on everything from show clothes to saddles. I've also sold a few things and have been very pleased with the prices I got. I bought a cheap JamCam digital camera (about $50) that more than paid for itself with 4 or 5 items sold. It sure beats yard sales!

Also, you could just go to www.restaurant.com to look it over too and just skip ebay altogether.

I've purchased through ebay about 50 times and had one slow shipper, about 48 great sellers and one deadbeat (I had to call the police to get the person to return my calls to receive a post office refund). I'm also not impressed with ebay's lack of involvement in negative experiences. (Kind of cowardly since they do "bottom feed" off of your purchases.

That experience tainted me from buying through ebay. However, most of the DISNEY related sellers are wonderful. Yvonne Taylor is the best and she must have over 8000 purchases (with no bad experiences) by now. She's the bomb..........

I love ebay! Let me share the best tip with you all: Pay with your credit card! Never use money orders or personal checks. Why? Because if there's a problem or you suspect fraud, the credit card company will do the investigation and issue a refund with your minimun intervention.

If you send a money order, you may think that the post office will intervene on your behalf. But by personal experience, they will refer the complaint to an investigative division, take almost four months sending letters back and forth and in the end, if the seller does not cooperate, it becomes a civil matter where you'd have to consult an attorney and sue the person. So much for our expectations of mail fraud protection!

So, just send a credit card issued check or pay with a credit card. Believe me, it is better, and seroius sellers will not get in trouble with the credit card companies. They will issue your refund and take over the search for the person. If you pay in cash, you are on your own.

Wanda

kaitlynangel, what restaurant in Huntington did you see there? I live in Huntington, and didn't see any!

don't wont about non shipment on this particular order it's not shipped to you. The certificate is printed right on your own printer so there's no shipping and no waiting. My husband won a $25 gift certificate for $12.50 and when you win the auction they email the certificate immediately and you print it out, ready to use same day. I had no problems with this company www.restaurant.com. Anytime I get $25 for $12.50 it's a good deal.

many huntington restaurants, but the one I got was under the E-Bay section of the website and the restuarant is Green Catus Mexican Grill on Jericho Tkpe, and theres' like 7 other locations of this resturant. Put in your zip code in the regular section of the website and there's 8 pages of restuarants in Huntington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter