I Hate Gaston

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Took my girlfriend two weeks ago and my number one photo op to do while in WDW was to get a picture flexing with Gaston (I'm a trainer at a gym - it would've been great)
We found him, waited nearly 45 minutes in line, and once we get up there he COMPLETELY starts trashing me and was all over my girlfriend! She's very attractive mind you.. He was making fun of me and refused to take any sort of picture outside of a group picture of the three of us with his bicep in my face.
He pissed me off, I really wanted that picture but all he would do is be a d-bag. I know this was his "character" but honestly I got pretty pissed off that day.
/endrant >:(
***edit*** Here's the photo of my scenario

gstn.jpg

Last edited:
Took my girlfriend two weeks ago and my number one photo op to do while in WDW was to get a picture flexing with Gaston (I'm a trainer at a gym - it would've been great)
We found him, waited nearly 45 minutes in line, and once we get up there he COMPLETELY starts trashing me and was all over my girlfriend! She's very attractive mind you.. He was making fun of me and refused to take any sort of picture outside of a group picture of the three of us with his bicep in my face.
He pissed me off, I really wanted that picture but all he would do is be a d-bag. I know this was his "character" but honestly I got pretty pissed off that day.

I love it, that's so funny!

Sorry you were ticked, but I gotta say, I love when they stay in character like that. Gaston is one of those characters who you can see over and over again, because even if you say the same thing to him every time, the interaction could go in a whole different direction depending on what he says in response. It's fun to watch him interact with guests. :)

Sorry you didn't get the pic you wanted. Sounds like he stayed true to his character. My 17yo son played Gaston in the local youth theater production of B&B a few months ago. He got rave reviews, at least in part because he would stay in character even in the meet and greets after the shows and in promotional appearances they did with various media. All that to say... I saw from "behind the scenes" how powerful it is to get a good read on a character like that and then enjoy the heck out of it, staying with it in all applicable settings.

That's what you get when you are around Gaston, he's not going to let anyone steal the spotlight. And yes, when a there is a girl around, especially very attractive, he will be all over her. That's what he does and what I would expected from him.

What did your girlfriend thought of the interaction? Was she happy she got all the attention from a muscular guy?

(PS, chances are high the muscles under his costume are fake. Although with Gaston I met in Disneyland Paris those muscles were real. I was shocked when I felt his biceps. :lovestruc)

Wait, there was 45 minutes between your first and second post. In the first post you still are annoyed and upset about it. What happened in the past 45 minutes? If you can laugh about it now, what was your reason to post it 2 weeks after it happened?

*confused*
That day I was annoyed. After seeing the responses here I'm realizing it's really just something to chuckle at

He's a villain :) he's not supposed to be a nice guy...that's why he gets such long lines. He's all about the ladies (as long as they don't read books...) and he's obnoxious towards guys. Just like Kylo Ren won't give hugs or be touched at all and storm troopers arrest people and waitresses at 50's Prime Time yell at you throughout your meal...it's all part of the show!

I honestly just hate Gaston in general, so I feel your pain with this interaction. As a woman, he's honestly the scariest villain to me, because he's not even that far off from a large portion of men that exist in the real world. He treats women like property and it makes me sick.
This. I wish he would've challenged me to a pushup competition like I've seen in videos online. I would have embarrassed big bad Gaston

I love it! What a fantastic story you've got...and such a great true to character interaction!

Now people are going to complain because he acts like a male chauvinist? Sorry, but it's a "character" and people like to laugh at "characters" because they are funny. If we all start letting every different/funny/mean/selfish/opinionated/chauvinistic/pushy etc. personality bother us, there will be nothing to laugh at anymore. I am not saying people have to love his character but many do and I don't see nothing wrong with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter