I Hate Thieves

Her boss caught up to the guy and demanded the stock back, but he refused and then his getaway car pulled up, having been called by the guy's accomplice - the little old lady who helped my mum up and acted appalled by his actions and pretended to call the police! She then took of with more merchandise, although they did recover most of it.

this was quite the plot twist. how clever of them -- most will never suspect little old ladies. sorry about your mum's bruising and bumps, how awful!

Maybe he stole it to go buy some skyline. Got to love that skyline. Of course still doesn't make it right. Most people here will think skyline what they talking about. Thieves are terrible so sorry

There are a lot of reports here about people leaving their doors unlocked and their stuff being stolen...including guns. I don't get leaving your doors unlocked with a gun in the car. (Not starting a gun debate. This is about dumb owners.)

I've been lucky here. We've left our cars unlocked and nothing has gone missing. I've also left my garage open a couple of times and nothing has gone there. It helps, though, that we are back in the back of the subdivision and it's dark in my little corner.

Back in college, somebody busted SO's car's window to steal an aux cable. AN AUX CABLE, worth maybe $5 new, which it was not.

A year or so ago, somebody broke the back windshield to steal this huge heavy subwoofer (it was covered, out of sight). Granted the sound system was fantastic, but it was old, and probably worth maybe $60 at most. After that he always kept the doors of that car unlocked, so if anyone wanted to take dirty engine rags or a jug of windshield wiper fluid they could have at it without breaking the windows.

Both times, of course, the hassle and cost of fixing windows was of greater value than the items taken.
Maybe they were hoping to find something of value under the seat or in the glove box but had to settle for what was there.

Many years ago we had someone steal an after market stereo by cutting around it in the dash. The sad part is that it wasn't fully installed yet. It was just sitting in the opening. They could have just picked it up without cutting.

Maybe they were hoping to find something of value under the seat or in the glove box but had to settle for what was there.

Many years ago we had someone steal an after market stereo by cutting around it in the dash. The sad part is that it wasn't fully installed yet. It was just sitting in the opening. They could have just picked it up without cutting.

I hate to be blunt about this car (because I love it too, lots of fond road trip memories!) but if you saw it, you wouldn't think it might have valuable things inside. :laughing: Or at least that's how I assume most people would see it based upon its age/exterior + interior condition. The other thing was, his was the only one broken into in the parking lot that night! But there were dozens and dozens of other (much nicer) cars, so we joked the thieves just really wanted to listen to some jams in their own car. All the same, yeah, perhaps they did hope to find something valuable in one of the more hidden areas. They must've been disappointed to find printouts of car service records instead :rotfl:

That's so aggravating about them cutting around it when they could just lift it out. Burglar level = novice!

There are a lot of reports here about people leaving their doors unlocked and their stuff being stolen...including guns. I don't get leaving your doors unlocked with a gun in the car. (Not starting a gun debate. This is about dumb owners.)

I've been lucky here. We've left our cars unlocked and nothing has gone missing. I've also left my garage open a couple of times and nothing has gone there. It helps, though, that we are back in the back of the subdivision and it's dark in my little corner.
That happened in my neighborhood like 2 years ago.

People were doing some renovations in their house and had a dumpster out on their driveway. Their house was very visible from the main road. Well they left their truck out front..unlocked..with their gun inside..yeah that was like the only thing stolen.

A few weeks later someone else in our neighborhood left their truck in their driveway..unlocked..with their gun inside..and that was stolen as wel although they had a few more things stolen-I want to say it was some electronics.

About a month later after that another person left their sedan on their driveway unlocked and someone stole stuff inside it as well.

People in my neighborhood do have a false sense of security honestly but we are in general a very safe area it was just a bad year that time with incidents happening close together. We are told to keep our vehicles locked if parked outside and our houses locked as well. Honestly for appearances plus security purposes they really push for people to park their vehicles in their gargage (obviously not practical all the time) though that point is only true if they also follow the rule of not having your garage door open for extended periods of time.

To my knowledge (at least the chit chat on the social networking site including from the police department) in my specific neighborhood those who have things stolen are crimes of opportunity due to unlocked cars. Out and about in public is different. You do hear about break-ins at football and baseball games (the stadiums are right next to each other), you do hear about things at the mall and you do hear about particular neighborhoods (or a full street or two in a neighborhood) elsewhere in our area have their windows all broken when they were parked on the street.

We lived in a secure condo in Vegas (guard at gate and everything). Someone busted DH's truck window (parked in front of the pool, and we could see the darn truck from our front door; they took a backpack full of D&D books, dice and character sheets. DH was so mad about that. Security cameras showed it was some teens, but the police and the complex didn't help us find them. They had to lived there, or been friends with someone there, because you couldn't enter without going through the guard gate or with a key to the walkway.

That happened in my neighborhood like 2 years ago.

People were doing some renovations in their house and had a dumpster out on their driveway. Their house was very visible from the main road. Well they left their truck out front..unlocked..with their gun inside..yeah that was like the only thing stolen.

A few weeks later someone else in our neighborhood left their truck in their driveway..unlocked..with their gun inside..and that was stolen as wel although they had a few more things stolen-I want to say it was some electronics.

About a month later after that another person left their sedan on their driveway unlocked and someone stole stuff inside it as well.

People in my neighborhood do have a false sense of security honestly but we are in general a very safe area it was just a bad year that time with incidents happening close together. We are told to keep our vehicles locked if parked outside and our houses locked as well. Honestly for appearances plus security purposes they really push for people to park their vehicles in their gargage (obviously not practical all the time) though that point is only true if they also follow the rule of not having your garage door open for extended periods of time.

To my knowledge (at least the chit chat on the social networking site including from the police department) in my specific neighborhood those who have things stolen are crimes of opportunity due to unlocked cars. Out and about in public is different. You do hear about break-ins at football and baseball games (the stadiums are right next to each other), you do hear about things at the mall and you do hear about particular neighborhoods (or a full street or two in a neighborhood) elsewhere in our area have their windows all broken when they were parked on the street.

I hope the idiots who left guns out in their cars got fined for being idiots!

When I moved into a rough neighborhood my cousin warned me not to leave any change visible in my car - as some of the kids she went to school with would break into any car they saw for a few nickels and dimes. So I made sure nothing showed in my car, ever. Never had a problem, until the day before we moved - and some ******* slashed my tires.

In my present home we've had some issue with kids breaking into cars that are unlocked. I work at the local HS, so I know the kids. Once I had my gas tank emptied (hope they got a mouthful of gas when they started their siphon) and once they went through the car and took some change and an iPod to radio converter. We also found out a couple renting next door went up and down the street every night looking for unlocked cars to plunder. I gave the woman a ride to the ER one night when her kid was sick - they never messed with my car, thank goodness. But people who steal are jerks.

Me too! I made the classic mistake lots of girls do and leave purse in car hidden while at gym. Someone busted my window and stole my whole purse. Not fun

I live in North Idaho, about 20 minutes away from Spokane. Just this month, while parents were lined up outside of Freeman High School desperately waiting to find out if their children were ok after a gunman shot several students, killing one, two women went through all the parents cars, stole credit cards, and wracked up a ton of fraudulent charges. They caught them, and when the one woman was told by the judge they were moving forward with her charges, she started to cry. Makes my stomach churn at the evilness of some people. I mean, I too HATE thieves, there is something about taking something that does not belong to you, that just makes me so mad... but this was a whole 'nother level of evil. :furious:

A few years ago a thief smashed DD's car window and stole her gym bag. Nothing else. :crazy2: I hope they enjoyed some sweaty gym clothes and a pair of 10-yo sneakers!

Happens all the time around here. Thieves just walk around and test car doors. They find an open one and they go through and take what they can grab fast.
I've never left my car unlocked but my husband did once and they took all of his Beatles CD's that he left in the car. I didn't think that was a big loss but my husband sure did!

Happened again in the neighborhood next to ours last night - they were caught on the camera of a house but they had their hoodies up so their faces couldn't be seen.

We used to have such a nice safe area to live in - now it's not and I don't even work in my yard without making sure the doors to the house are locked and I've got the key in my pocket.

I've' been talking about this with some coworkers because the more I was reading, the more I was realizing that I must be the only person I know (except for my DH) who has absolutely nothing in their car! Literally..nothing. No change, CDs, gym bags, purse, chargers, GPS...nothing. I take anything that I took with me to get into the car (such as my purse and charging cord) with me when I exit my car. Is there anyone else out there that doesn't have anything in their car or am I the only one? I have co-workers that have their entire lives in their car- checkbooks, change of clothes, salt for the snow, the list goes on and on!

I've' been talking about this with some coworkers because the more I was reading, the more I was realizing that I must be the only person I know (except for my DH) who has absolutely nothing in their car! Literally..nothing. No change, CDs, gym bags, purse, chargers, GPS...nothing. I take anything that I took with me to get into the car (such as my purse and charging cord) with me when I exit my car. Is there anyone else out there that doesn't have anything in their car or am I the only one? I have co-workers that have their entire lives in their car- checkbooks, change of clothes, salt for the snow, the list goes on and on!

I keep next to nothing in my car. There is some change in the ashtray and a towel in the back seat and a pen and flashlight int he glove box. Other than that, everything in the trunk is car related, like the jack, jumper cables, etc. There is nothing I would worry about anybody stealing.

I have in the car:
a bottle of sunscreen, bottled water, an umbrella, floppy hat for DH, flashlight and some fast food napkins.
A few pieces of junk mail (those random mailings from car dealerships) that I tossed in Saturday after checking the mail on the way to the store (forgot to throw them away after).
Charging cords for the phones, a thumb drive with music on it, paperwork from the repair shop, a couple pens and a small pad of paper.
Maybe $2-3 in change in the change holder.
A few sand toys from the last time we went to the beach, and a small bag with flares, emergency signs, etc, in it (and it's marked on the outside what it is).

We lock our vehicles every single time we exit them while out. They are always in our garage at night, so have had no problems so far. The police here tell us that a large majority of thefts are crimes of opportunity, so to always lock our vehicles while out and about.
Also, never leave expensive looking stuff in sight. Basically, I have nothing but an umbrella, visor screen and cheap ice chest for frozen/cold groceries (I leave lid off when not used to show it's empty). I hate a cluttered car.

Sure, serious thieves will find their way, and are very quick and slick, but that's not the majority. They want an easy pick. Most thefts around here seem to be cars parked on streets, and apt/townhome parking lots. Also, when some idiots leave their keys in the ignition - oh, yes, it happens!!

Not only do they leave them in the ignition...if I had a dollar for every theft claim I've dealt with where the owner left it running while they went into the local convenience store...

And 'very' unfortunately, sometimes with a child in a car seat in there!!! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter