I have a bunch of random questions? I humbly ask for your expertise.

MimitoAlex

Mouseketeer
So I have a bunch of random yet important questions. So please bear with me. I have been talking to many of our friends that have gone to Japan. I''m very confused on a couple of things. You would not believe it, they all gave me different answers, it was like none of them where in the same city. 2 couples went together and none of their info was the same completely different, I asked them were you guys even in the same country? So I'm coming to you pro's to humble ask for some help.🙇‍♀️

We are flying Delta, landing at Haneda. So I'm assuming that once we land its straight to customs and immigration. Then we will be needing to hit the money exchange desk, pickup Wifi and extra battery, Sucia card and add money to it. Is all this located before or after the baggage carousels? I need to know as I am scheduling the car service.

Team Lab Planets, is it worth it or not? is there anything else around this location to visit? We both watched some you tube and such and It really looks interesting. What else is around there or easy to get to on the trains.

We are going to Ueno Zoo, I know its will only take a couple of hours, we really want to see the Giant Pandas, and the Red Pandas, and other animals native to Japan. Is there anything else of interest in this area? Is the Tokyo national museum close by one friend said it is a small museum, and easy to do both in one day?

Godzilla - our Son in law loves Godzilla, so we want to bring him something back. Is there a hotel with Godzilla on top of it or something along those lines he mentioned this a while back?

Gundam Robots or transformers - I know that there is a large one on Odaiba the Unicorn. Is there somewhere to purchase kits for our grandson.

Lego store? Lego's specific to Japan? Our grandson is 8 and loves loves legos.

We would like to have one nice meal to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, suggestions in Shibuya.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions on any where else would should look at checking out, DH and I like a broad spectrum of different things.

Domo Arigato

You would not believe it, they all gave me different answers, it was like none of them where in the same city. 2 couples went together and none of their info was the same completely different, I asked them were you guys even in the same country?
:rotfl:

We are flying Delta, landing at Haneda. So I'm assuming that once we land its straight to customs and immigration. Then we will be needing to hit the money exchange desk, pickup Wifi and extra battery, Sucia card and add money to it. Is all this located before or after the baggage carousels? I need to know as I am scheduling the car service.

This is all after you get your luggage. The Suica will be near the train gates. Since you're using a car service, you don't necessarily need to buy it at the airport. Could just buy it at the first station you need to use it.

Gundam Robots or transformers - I know that there is a large one on Odaiba the Unicorn. Is there somewhere to purchase kits for our grandson.

You might come across stores that sell model kits as you're shopping. But if not, Akihabara has a lot.

We are going to Ueno Zoo, I know its will only take a couple of hours, we really want to see the Giant Pandas, and the Red Pandas, and other animals native to Japan. Is there anything else of interest in this area? Is the Tokyo national museum close by one friend said it is a small museum, and easy to do both in one day?
Ueno Zoo is part of Ueno Park, which is a giant park with all kinds of stuff to do. The Tokyo National Museum is there, but there are also some other museums and a small amusement park. Lots of food, too. If you're going in late March or early April, then Ueno Park is also a really great place for seeing cherry blossoms. Unfortunately, you might also see homeless camps near the edges.

Here's a website with more information:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3019.html
Just about every electronics and toy store has space set aside for models and kits. There are countless such stores in Tokyo. Gundam is still popular, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding what you're looking for. If you want something rarer or more specialized, then head to Akihabara.
Lego store? Lego's specific to Japan? Our grandson is 8 and loves loves legos.
You'll find LEGO in Japan at toy stores and electronics stores. I don't know if there are LEGO stores. You can also find Nanoblocks, which is a Japanese block system with much smaller pieces. They might not be great for an eight year old, but they're otherwise a lot of fun. If you want some blocks with more Japanese themes, then check out Nanoblocks. You can get sets of Japanese food, animals, Pokemon, and tourists attractions.

Have fun!

Team Lab Planets, is it worth it or not? is there anything else around this location to visit?

Godzilla - our Son in law loves Godzilla, so we want to bring him something back. Is there a hotel with Godzilla on top of it or something along those lines he mentioned this a while back?

Godzilla is on top of a movie theatre in Shinjuku. You can find it in the maps app.

TeamLabs Planet was a lot of fun. Highly recommend.

Ueno Zoo is part of Ueno Park, which is a giant park with all kinds of stuff to do. The Tokyo National Museum is there, but there are also some other museums and a small amusement park. Lots of food, too. If you're going in late March or early April, then Ueno Park is also a really great place for seeing cherry blossoms. Unfortunately, you might also see homeless camps near the edges.

Here's a website with more information:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3019.html

Just about every electronics and toy store has space set aside for models and kits. There are countless such stores in Tokyo. Gundam is still popular, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding what you're looking for. If you want something rarer or more specialized, then head to Akihabara.

You'll find LEGO in Japan at toy stores and electronics stores. I don't know if there are LEGO stores. You can also find Nanoblocks, which is a Japanese block system with much smaller pieces. They might not be great for an eight year old, but they're otherwise a lot of fun. If you want some blocks with more Japanese themes, then check out Nanoblocks. You can get sets of Japanese food, animals, Pokemon, and tourists attractions.

Have fun!

Pokemon he will love that for sure... We plan on going to Akihabara, so now I can be on the look out for the Gundam kits.

We are going to check out all that the Ueno has to offer. Thanks for all the tips.

Pokemon he will love that for sure... We plan on going to Akihabara, so now I can be on the look out for the Gundam kits.

We are going to check out all that the Ueno has to offer. Thanks for all the tips.

In Shibuya, on the sixth floor of the Parco shopping building, you'll find the gamer's paradise stores: Capcom Store, Nintendo and Pokemon Center. Capcom make games such as Monster Hunter, Mega Man and Resident Evil and they sell all kinds of goods related to their games.

Nintendo sells everything you can dream of for Mario, Legend of Zelda and has stuff for Pikmin, Metroid. Pokemon Center has many pokemon plushes for sale.

In Akihabara, I love Yodobashi Camera and I suggest you explore around for things. What kind of hobbies and interests do you and your family have? I love arts, so I found many stores related to that.

I agree with the suggestions to walk around Ueno Park and go to the museum there. I recommend the various 100 yen stores and other discount stores like that for souvenirs. Everything's pretty quality, not like the dollar stores in the US.

They aren’t too fancy, but I recommend Za Watami restaurants. There are several in Japan and you’ll get an authentic Japanese meal. Google maps says there’s one in Shibuya.

When you land at Haneda, you will first go through immigration which will probably have a long line (but it moves fairly quickly). You will then go to customs which will go faster if you have filled in the info online at the Japan web set up to do that. It gives you a QR code for both immigration and customs. In customs, if you have the QR code, you can use the automated kiosks before you pick up your luggage (that is where they have the baggage carrosels) and then walk through special passageways and you are done (to go do your other stuff). Without the QR code for customs, you have to get your baggage first and then get in another line to finish customs. I don’t know if you have already left for Japan but I thought this info might be useful to others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter