I have a funny feeling I'm missing something.

PartyOf5

Member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel and Mic
I'll be staying 7 nights at the Contemporary Tower. (Total with an AP discount is $2107.)

I need to purchase a new AP for myself as mine expired at the end of 2004.($420.67).

The rest of the family will have MYW tickets ($874 for 5 day option-we have a couple days pending from previous tickets).

I would like to purchase a MYW Dining Plan but I'm not sure if I can with an AP ressie - anyone know for sure? For my family, that cost would be $1050.

If I can purchase the dining plan, I'm looking at approx $4451. Is there a cheaper way to do this? I am pretty sure I read something that it's almost cheaper to go with AAA in situation like this but I can't find that thread (maybe I was dreaming).

Of course all this is null if a hurricane hits just before we are scheduled to be there!

Well with your AP you can also purchase the DDE for $50 and get 20% off all your meals.

I am not sure about the dining but I do believe it has to be with a package and since you won't have a package you won't be eligible. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that is how it works.

The only way you can add the dining is to add the same tickets(making it a MYW package) for everyone in the room. That means even the AP holder would need an additional ticket. What you can do if you run the math and find that it works for you; is add a one day ticket to everyone in the room, then you can add the dining. When you get there you can upgrade the tickets to the number of days you actually want or just order the remaining days through a discount ticket broker. I would recommend a good TA to help you. you can pm me if you like. It will probably work out just as well to get the DDE card and use the discount for meals. you only need to spend $250 on meals before you start "making a profit" from the card

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter